• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

*** Free CTG Saratoga Race Course Handicapping Challenge picks thread ***

Play2win

Mod by Monday Morning
Saratoga Race Course meet dates 7/24 - 9/7 with no racing on Tuesdays

Contest Rules:

Free contest, $100 winner take all and is to open to ALL CTG members

You must select 1 horse to win each racing day at Saratoga Race Course throughout the meet, you are allowed to miss making up to 4 picks before being DQed, not making any pick that day will be scored as -$2

ALL bets are WIN and based on a $2 win bet (I.e. all losers counted as -$2, if your horse won that day and paid $6.40, you are +$6.40 for the day)

Score will be kept based on bankroll (not wins), highest bankroll at the end of the meet is the winner

You may select 2 horses in 1 day but only #1 counts unless horse is scratched

If you do not select a 2nd pick for that day and your 1st horse scratches and you did not post another pick for that day would count as -$2

If your horse is a gate scratch and it's the last race that day, you likely will not have time to post another pick, but will be allowed 2 picks that count on the next racing day.

Entries are available 2 and 3 days in advance, so advanced picks are allowed just date
it properly

Must post selection before post time of race you are selecting, no past posts

When standings aren't updated daily, they will be updated every Tuesday

No edits or deletes after post time of 1st race, if something has to be added or changed for any reason just quote original post

Example #1 of how picks made: 8/5 R3 #6 (no need to put win, all picks are win anyways)

Example #2: 8/5 (1) R3 #6 (2) R6 #7...only way 2nd pick that day would count is if your top choice was scratched or if you fell under the gate scratch last race rule

If you select an entry i.e. 1/1A, 2/2B...you get both parts of entry

ALL Picks Made In This Thread

Last edited:
ALL remaining participants at the end of the meet will receive a PRIZE
1st place gets $100, 2nd place through 18th place will select their prize in order of standings, draft style:

Prizes

1991 Jockey Star Cards Autographed :

Gary Stevens
Angel Cordero Jr
Corey Nakatani
Jorge Chavez
Richard Migliore
Earlie Fires

1992 Jockey Star Cards Autographed :

Gary Stevens
Jorge Velasquez

Autographed on small piece of paper :

Chris McCarron
Mike Smith
Jose Santos
Jorge Chavez

4×6 Autographed Picture of Pat Day

8-29-10 Rachel Alexandra pin

Last edited:
1. Play2win
2. ProV1Colt
3. Lloyd Braun
4. Dudleysdad
5. KJ
6. Inspekdah
7. Oakas
8. Paulie The Vig
9. Gandolf
10. Schrute
11. Jab v2.0
12. Deadphish
13. YoungGun11
14. Pepe2004sox
15. Takeit
16. Clowncar
17. Bloodhound
18. Dollaz
19. blakwj20
20. Sportsjunkie721
21. CollegeKingRex
22. DaRaiders
23. Nugzz
24. Philadelphia Seamus
25. GameHunter

Last edited:
No problem my man, thanks again for running this contest and trying to bring the horses more to the mainstream here at CTG.

7/24 - r1 #5 (first pick)
7/24 - r8 #6 (second pick)

Thanks for doing this. Should be a lot of fun.

7/24 2:36pm Race 4 -# 6 MomentIsRight .... R4 -#7 PositivelyRoyal

I dont play horses on a reg basis any more and had forgotten how much fun it is. I actually put some coin on some today

Thanks for the contest and GLTA....Lets have some fun

++++++++++++++++++
# 6 MomentIsRight
lost
she went out fast, led into the 4th turn and fell back to 2nd, got a little dirt in her face and just frigging quit

Last edited:
Don't post horse name bc I'm not looking at that, race #, horse #, date

ProV1Colt needs to make a pick, as well as CKR, Dollaz can pick as both selections were scratched

7/24

1. Play2win -$2

2. ProV1Colt -$2
3. Lloyd Braun -$2
4. Dudleysdad +$9.30
5. KJ -$2
6. Inspekdah -$2
7. Oakas -$2
8. Paulie The Vig -$2
9. Gandolf -$2
10. Schrute -$2
11. Jab v2.0 +$6.00
12. Deadphish -$2 no pick #1
13. YoungGun11 -$2
14. Pepe2004sox -$2
15. Takeit -$2
16. Clowncar -$2
17. Bloodhound -$2
18. Dollaz -$2 both selections scratched, still allowed to miss 4
19. blakwj20 -$2
20. Sportsjunkie721 -$2
21. CollegeKingRex -$2 no pick #1
22. DaRaiders -$2
23. Nugzz -$2
24. Philadelphia Seamus -$2
25. GameHunter -$2

Last edited:
Like I previously stated, posted plays based on date/race #/horse #

Dudleysdad had a winner today and horse he had won, he just made a mistake on horse name because he had multiple windows open, no problem.

Back