• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

FIFA U20 Sunday July 8, 2007

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Tournament Record: 11-5-2
Sides: 7-4-1
Totals: 4-1-1
Big Plays: 2-0

Well Nigeria and Japan played to a 0-0 draw as expected, safely through to the next round. Final round matches are a little tougher when you know teams will be resting key players. Zambia though gave a nice shock to Uruguay and all of a sudden, they are into the next round. Spain finished off in style, although i thought Jordan would of really gave the Spaniards a little more trouble.

Portugal vs Gambia
Under 2.25 @ 1.88 (Big Play)
Lots at stake for this match here. Both sitting at 3 points however 1 point will guarantee both qualify. With a draw, Portugal will qualify as the 2nd place group finishers while Gambia will qualify as one of 3 teams to have the best 3rd place finishes. Right now only Uruguay has set its path into the 2nd round as one of the best 3rd place finishing teams. Gambia on the other hand will qualify with 4 points if they do come out with a draw. They will leap frog Brazil and Costa Rica to ensure passage with a single point. At first i was tempted to take on Portugal -0.5 @ 2.04 price is excellent but now i'm a little skeptical. Knowning Portugal are an excellent team, they know that they shouldn't risk too much, however, they must also realize that they cannot be caught napping. I think this tourney has seen a lot of set ups and it has worked out well. So i'm going to ride this situation again. Portugal have a lot of players who are currently with a yellow card, so they will have to thread carefully, whereas Gambia have only 2, so the advantage is out for them. I think we will see another draw here, just gut feel. Both teams will advance to the next round which would make 3 out of the 4 African teams through to 2nd stage...very impressive.
Prediction: Portugal 0-0 Gambia

haha now the pressure is on, i hope it comes through, i am confident about this one though.

Mexico vs NZ....tough, i think we would ideally see a rout, but the fact that Mexico's captain is on a yellow as well as their star forward Dos Santos, a victory is what the coach wants but ensuring he's got all his players for the next round is another. THe price for -1.75 Mexico is sitting at 1.74!!! ridiculous! Also people are hammering the Over.....a little baffled you'd have to expect Mexico scores 4 goals to hit that 2.75 lol. I'm not going to chase with that sort of price, better options tomorrow and the latter stages.

Mexico with a 3-0 win is still profitable at 2.75 you know. I went with it. I think Mexico is that much better.

I also took a flyer on Canada +0.25 since at some point they've got to score a goal and give something back to their fans. I think they could pull off the upset although Congo sure looks like they are hungry in this tourney.

Mexico with a 3-0 win is still profitable at 2.75 you know. I went with it. I think Mexico is that much better.

I also took a flyer on Canada +0.25 since at some point they've got to score a goal and give something back to their fans. I think they could pull off the upset although Congo sure looks like they are hungry in this tourney.

Both have incentives for different reasons. Canada wants to score one goal, Congo wants to play in the 2nd round. A win for Congo ensures a 2nd round passage as one of the best 3rd place teams. Canada needs to get something out of this match so i'm going to probably lean to the Over on this one

Canada vs Congo
Over 2.25 @ 1.90 (Medium Bet)
Going to try this one out. Both teams have different agendas. Canada has to score 1 goal to save a total embarassment as being the host. Congo has to win this match to secure passage into the final 16. A draw for Congo will not be enough for them so they must go all out even though they will have a chance to pick up some suspensions even with yellow cards. Canada has been some what of a disgrace. They have been outclassed in the 1st two matches. Amazes me how some of these Canadians are even in European football clubs. Congo on the other hand, i had high hopes they would compete with Chile. They certainly did the 1H but i guess playing with 10 men for the rest of the 2H was a little too overwhelming and ended up getting humbled 3-0. Lots at stake here, but the reason why i like the over is because we may see desperation on both ends, the pace of Congo will be a little too much to handle i would assume for Canada who had trouble with Chile. But they may be playing a different psychological game considering they are now out of the tourney and just want to win and score a goal.
Prediction: Congo 2-1 Canada

Chile vs Austria
Under 2.5 @ 1.80 (Small Bet)
Both are threw to the next round, so this game is practically meaningless. However, both squads have traveled quite a ways to finish this game off. The time zone differences may have its effect on some of the players so i don't see a lot of energy in this one. Chile can easily score at will but why should they even go all out knowning they are in the next round. Austria are a much more defensively sound team and will look at their giants at the back to lock up a solid effort. Not going too big on this total because i think the 2nd round will produce better betting options.
Prediction: Chile 1-0 Austria

Last edited:
sorry for the poor day fellas. Little mixed up, 1-2-1, down on the day but not the tourney, had a feeling NZ was going to make up ground on the Mexicans and as expected Chile/Austria didn't want to squander anything.

Fucking Canada! Pieces of shits can't score a fucking goal as a host, how embarassing is that!

Canada was definitely a major disappointment, but I still believe they can qualify for the next World Cup.

That fool Lombardo is pure trash.

Canada was definitely a major disappointment, but I still believe they can qualify for the next World Cup.

That fool Lombardo is pure trash.

aren't most Gino's just trash?

i'll message u later about my game i had today, fucking hilarious how these twats can't seem to understand sports psychology

hahaha, you a joker man.

but still, those "gino's" or "fabrizio's" or whatever u wanna call them are champions of the world.

Back