• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Eldriick with another back surgery

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
Looks like 2017 is done. After watching Jack on Golf Channel you have to wonder how the history of Tiger will be portrayed decades from now.

On the links, a badass whose body failed him. Off the links, a man who made poor decisions when it came to women but did many great things with charity.

6 months or so...

I am already capping the Hero World Challenge for when the Big Cat is roaming those fairways again!

Obviously Jack will go down as the greatest golfer of all time. But I still think most would agree that if you had to have one player, playing his best golf, for one tournament, it would be Tiger. I also think he was far more dominant during his run than Jack was.

I just hope we get that 1986 Masters moment with Tiger at some point. It seems unlikely but if it happens, it will be special.

I also have a feeling, cheating on your wife won't be that big of a deal in twenty years

Obviously Jack will go down as the greatest golfer of all time. But I still think most would agree that if you had to have one player, playing his best golf, for one tournament, it would be Tiger. I also think he was far more dominant during his run than Jack was.

I just hope we get that 1986 Masters moment with Tiger at some point. It seems unlikely but if it happens, it will be special.
I tend to agree HOWEVER, I would like to see players these days use the equipment Jack did back then for 1 tournament, same set up of golf course back then as well.
It be be fun to watch that for 1 weekend

Either way, I hope he stops trying to comeback until fully healthy

Take this full year off, come back next year and make a master's run

Not just that but the level of competition is not only a ton better now but entirely more numerous (and a lot of that can be directly attributed to Tiger along with simply a natural increase in population). Who knows how dominant any of the older guys would have been today if you could somehow compare them because golf is just a ton more popular and available today to the masses today than it was back then.

I will be very upset if I never get to see Tiger win 1 more Major.
Just 1 is all I ask for and The Masters would be my Major of choice to see him win one more.

I also have a feeling, cheating on your wife won't be that big of a deal in twenty years

Sad but true. Read a great article few weeks ago that summed it up. Arnie was doing same sorta stuff away from his wife but this was well before social media and he had a 'trust'/'friendship' with the media back then that kept things quiet.

I don't think anyone was so dense to think Tiger and Elin didn't have an understanding regarding their relationship, pretty much heard it was the stripper text that set her off. Nothing good can come from access to texts by a significant other even if there's nothing to hide. Once you throw the trust out the window, what else is left?

I really do wonder if Tiger even enjoys golf all that much anymore though, if it's only half-assed then his rehab will be as well.

Sad but true. Read a great article few weeks ago that summed it up. Arnie was doing same sorta stuff away from his wife but this was well before social media and he had a 'trust'/'friendship' with the media back then that kept things quiet.

Media gave Tiger a lot of space as well, still does really. Heck, we find out about major surgery from his website? Like KJ said he got burned by his women directly.

For some reason, in a decades time he will be held in a lower light then the insider trading degenerate gambler

You got it

Back