• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ECF Discussion: Milwaukee vs Toronto

I gotta think they play a bit softer on kawhi tomorrow, at least until he proves whatever is bothering his leg isnt a factor, if they crash him too much and leave the shooters open like they have it's just unnecessary risk

Saw today raps shot 58% on open jumpers last 2 games, was 40% in milly walk ay games 1 and 2

The one thing guitar guy nick nurse did that helped a ton was just sticking kawhi on giannis gamas 3 and 4, I don't think giannis is tired, hes just struggling with the matchup, and Bledsoe vs this lineup is a bad matchup, he struggles to create at his height vs the length.

Home and road... usually makes huge difference for role players...

fvv and norm have been shit at home all playoffs too before this

Obviously theres a difference at home or away, its moreso the style, allowing so many open shots is just a strange strategy

fvv and norm have been shit at home all playoffs too before this

Obviously theres a difference at home or away, its moreso the style, allowing so many open shots is just a strange strategy

That is what I was thinking too watching the last two games. It just doesn't make any sense.

Bucks use very bad rotation. Btw, Coach Bud, that everyone likes so much, does horrible, absolutely horrible job so far this playoff (at least against Boston and Raptors - didn't see Pistons games).
He plays Giannis too much, though most best minutes by the Bucks are without him, he fields some crazy line ups with two bad defenders and sometimes three bad defenders and Bucks are winning despite him and not because of him... He was the same in Atlanta, great regular season coach and can't do nothing right in the playoffs...

That's why so many open shots... Mirotic and Ilyasova should never play together. I saw few times both + Lopez and that's just mind blowing...

Thus far in the series, 95 of the Bucks' 164 three-point attempts have qualified as wide open. They've made just 30.5% of those tries. During the regular season, the 12 Bucks who have appeared in this series shot 37.0% on wide-open attempts. #makeormissleague

Is the goat fucking mallory edens?

Danica out?

He's trolling. Dude rides rainbows.

Fact he can't jug 3 quarters of a cup of beer further proves the point.

giphy.gif

Toronto should win the series now. You could see the difference between Kawhi and Giannis in Game 5... Experience advantage was so obvious...

Chuck wagon made a good point

Starting brogdon was a bad move, bench depth just cratered
Not sure I agree. Mirotic is a huge hole on defense. One of the worst defenders in the league imo... Bud probably wanted to make a statement, starting the game strong and who knows, Toronto in previous years, could have easily got beaten, after 10 points lead after one quarter... Brogdon played great and lead the team by +/- and you shouldn't have in your rotation three terrible defenders like Lopez, Mirotic and Ilyasova...

It's not on brogdon, it's on budz rotation
Obviously, but I agree with his decision not to start Mirotic and I think that he shouldn't have played even one minute (he played 9 minutes too much). Maybe he should have done what Pop did in such cases that still chose to bench Manu and start with some deep rotation player and started with Brown/ Snell, but I can understand his logic...

VanVleet the difference. When you go from an atrocity beyond the arc and start hitting 7 of 9, it's damn big.

Dude wants the shot now. For awhile there he wanted nothing to do w/ the shot.

Obviously, but I agree with his decision not to start Mirotic and I think that he shouldn't have played even one minute (he played 9 minutes too much). Maybe he should have done what Pop did in such cases that still chose to bench Manu and start with some deep rotation player and started with Brown/ Snell, but I can understand his logic...
Ya, it's more about brogdon

Taking miro out vs raps lineup makes sense, but like you say, pop would put in the matt bonners or boris diaws and leave manu on the bench if starting lineup lost someone, rather than hurt his rotation strength with the bench

A good coach doesnt start brogdon

Brogdon started every game before he got injured. He has only been coming off the bench since the injury in the playoffs.

They were still a 1 seed with him in starting lineup.

Cant compare regular season and playoffs, match ups so much more important

Just look at Kerr, hes used what like 9 different starting lineups this playoffs. Budz watched this series and has to have seen that, like divol said, 3 of his top 7 guys are turnstiles on d, having brogdon out there helps those units when hes spending more time with giannis and Middleton on the floor, the net effect hurts the other units, than it helps the starting 5

I'll defer to those of you who follow the NBA really closely during the season...Watching Giannis, I see someone who lacks a perimeter game, is careless w/ the ball and can't sink free throws. Obviously a great talent, but are those flaws just something we're seeing in these conference finals, or more true to his overall game?

Thanks, I'll listen.

I'll defer to those of you who follow the NBA really closely during the season...Watching Giannis, I see someone who lacks a perimeter game, is careless w/ the ball and can't sink free throws. Obviously a great talent, but are those flaws just something we're seeing in these conference finals, or more true to his overall game?

Thanks, I'll listen.

I barely watch the NBA at all and was thinking pretty much the same things as you watching last night.

Thanks, I'll listen.
Yeah, the outside shot will come and then he's gonna be a tough out. The problem I have is the FTs. You are a volume guy getting to the line. Make 80% minimum.

Yeah, the outside shot will come and then he's gonna be a tough out. The problem I have is the FTs. You are a volume guy getting to the line. Make 80% minimum.

He has a really weird looking shot and I'm not so sure it will ever be good.

Think about Bron when he got to the league... he was bad behind the arc...
Giannis improves from year to year... give him some time...

He has a really weird looking shot and I'm not so sure it will ever be good.
I'm gonna go way back but with a proper shooting coach he'll be fine. I remember similar things being said in 96-97 or so about GHill and he became an excellent shooter as his career went on.

Absolutely... Best two way guy in league. Durant is close.
You can't compare their defenses... Durant has a good defense for a superstar... he nowhere near best defensive player talks that Kawhi is in...

Back