• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Connelly Preseason S&P Discussion

I'd rather look at numbers than opinion based polls so let's create some off-season dialogue from this list. Thoughts?

If Nebraska gets good QB (Martinez or McCaffrey) play, they should have a really good offense. OL play improved quite a bit once the freshman center who had never played OL before settled in. Everyone returns off that unit. Mills became a workhorse RB once he got comfortable with the offense. Then they would have Spielman, Wandale, and the JUCO top ranked at his position Manning starting at WR. All the TE back too, plus a Rutgers transfer (Vokolek) who they're pretty high on.

They should be strong in the secondary. All up to the front 7 there.

Does Connelly adjust recruiting for attrition? Both Alabama and UGA have lost a few highly ranked members of the last several classes before their eligibility was up. I'm sure there are others

Does Connelly adjust recruiting for attrition? Both Alabama and UGA have lost a few highly ranked members of the last several classes before their eligibility was up. I'm sure there are others

It accounts for returning production, recent recruiting and recent history. For example, Alabama is ranked 85th/75th in returning offensive/defensive production. He wrote an article explaining how returning production is calc’d too, it’s split between a bunch of positional stats.

To me the fact that UGA is 4th overall despite an offense projected at 33rd due to last year’s futility + attrition is telling. If that offense can bounce back to respectable, which it very well could with a better coordinator and a better quarterback, that team is in the 1A bucket.

Btw the gap between UGA and the #2 defense is the same as the gap between 2 and 14. That defense profiles to be the best we’ve seen in a good while.

If Nebraska gets good QB (Martinez or McCaffrey) play, they should have a really good offense. OL play improved quite a bit once the freshman center who had never played OL before settled in. Everyone returns off that unit. Mills became a workhorse RB once he got comfortable with the offense. Then they would have Spielman, Wandale, and the JUCO top ranked at his position Manning starting at WR. All the TE back too, plus a Rutgers transfer (Vokolek) who they're pretty high on.

They should be strong in the secondary. All up to the front 7 there.
You my guy but Martinez has to make the playoff
This guy is beyond frustrating to me

He had a bad year. Not the first guy to have a sophomore slump. He either improves or they become more run oriented with McCaffrey at QB.

Back