• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel

I always hear how horrible it is to coach in DC with intrusive Dan Snyder as the team‘s owner

I didn't see. Obviously it's time for a change ..it just cracks me up how long he's been there.
I am not a fan of any NFL team, but find it infuriating that ESPN loosely plays with people's lives. I understand when a fanbase calls for a coaches firing, but what does a "unbiased" news agency gain by getting a HC fired. This does not only affect that HCs life, but all the coordinates, position coaches,...Garrett has done a bad job, but the players still have to execute. If he gets fired, so be it. But damn ESPN, stop pushing to end someone's career.

I would like to about a dozen ESPN employees fired, as I think they are trash personalities. But that will never happen.

I am not a fan of any NFL team, but find it infuriating that ESPN loosely plays with people's lives. I understand when a fanbase calls for a coaches firing, but what does a "unbiased" news agency gain by getting a HC fired. This does not only affect that HCs life, but all the coordinates, position coaches,...Garrett has done a bad job, but the players still have to execute. If he gets fired, so be it. But damn ESPN, stop pushing to end someone's career.

I would like to about a dozen ESPN employees fired, as I think they are trash personalities. But that will never happen.
It's a fair point and black monday has been made into an 'event'.

Obviously Jason Garett will be fired
Technically won't be fired, as he's in last year of contract which expires in mid-January. Will not see a new contract. He's told his assistants that are on expiring contracts that they are free to look elsewhere.

Apparently what it would have taken for Garrett to be retained was pretty simple. The conference championship is scheduled for after Garrett's contract expiration date.

How long is Jones going to string Garrett along. I get that he likes him but its time to just end it. For such a great businessman he sure has no clue how to run his football team.

How long is Jones going to string Garrett along. I get that he likes him but its time to just end it. For such a great businessman he sure has no clue how to run his football team.
My understanding is that he’s letting Garrett say goodbye to everyone at the teams facilities and they just won’t renew his contract.

Jerry should give the Pats a bunch of draft picks and Hire Bellicheck , give him like 25 million a year

Well when you ruin rg3s knee and misdiagnose cancer....

Not to defend the guy, and you’re hardly the first to mention it, but athletic trainers diagnose cancer now? That’s news to an awful lot of people I’d imagine. He’s not a fucking oncologist, he went to school to learn how to tape ankles and give dietary/strength training recommendations.

Not to defend the guy, and you’re hardly the first to mention it, but athletic trainers diagnose cancer now? That’s news to an awful lot of people I’d imagine. He’s not a fucking oncologist, he went to school to learn how to tape ankles and give dietary/strength training recommendations.
Explain this further

Explain this further

What’s to explain? Seriously I can’t imagine what needs more explaining but here goes...

He’s the head trainer, not a doctor. Why would the head trainer be responsible for diagnosing cancer?

I’m not defending him for the injury stuff where it seems guys didnt get back on the field anywhere near as quickly as was expected, that’s entirely on him as he’s the head trainer. He’s been there an awful long time and it seems to have been a recurring issue. But blaming the head trainer because cancer was misdiagnosed seems a bit like piling on where it isn’t warranted.

Ya the 2nd part was a bit of a reach, but in general he sucks, let's just agree at that

Also, saw someone else say it

But this game vs what is effectively Georgia's 2020 spring squad should make it easy for Rhule to take the giants job, hes peaked with what he can do at Baylor and his value wont ever get higher

Ya the 2nd part was a bit of a reach, but in general he sucks, let's just agree at that

Sure, I will agree with that all day. The proof is in the pudding with some of those injury rehabs and decisions. He’s not a fucking oncologist is my only point.

Of the three (McCarthy, Marvin and Fisher), they definitely picked the right one. Whether or not he'll be successful, not sure. He only had one season where his rush offense finished in the top 10, that was 2013 when Rodgers missed half the season. He was very reluctant to hand the reins to Aaron Jones, who exploded this year with 19 TDs. Defense had a couple of big years under Dom Capers but was mostly middle of the road.

We'll see if it was the Packer mystique, Rodger's guile or McCarthy's discipline that led to the Pack having fewer penalties than their opponents in all but two of McCarthy's seasons. Garrett only had three such seasons out of ten.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

good luck with fat mike!

So what are his negatives? Other than being overweight and from Greenfield, PA, and delivering a Super Bowl win over the Steelers (which is a major plus IMO) I don't really know that much about him.

Back