• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel

LSU just won the championship and they have the money to pay coordinators. Now its up to Orgeron to hire the right guys because Brady in particular is going to be hard to replace.

I think its pretty obvious that Orgeron needs top coordinators in order to be successful but I think you can say the same thing about Dabo as well. Lets remember that neither one of them has ever been a coordinator.

Dabo has won enough NC's at this point that he's pretty much beyond criticism.

Bobby Petrino is back in football. Named head coach at Missouri State. An FCS school, but they're in the Missouri Valley Conference, a powerhouse conference so tough a lot of FBS schools would have trouble winning games, let alone win the conference.

Some of the schools in the the MVC are N Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Illinois State, S Dakota State, Youngstown State, and Southern Illinois.

I never did hear an explanation of how things suddenly fell completely apart at Louisville, but Petrino has proved he can coach. Never proved he was as good as Art Briles, but never had the disaster Briles did either. I'd like to see Briles get back into coaching at an FCS school. Maybe he's learned his lesson

This is where I went to school. This is going to be hilarious. No one has ever given two shits about football there. Women's basketball draws bigger crowds.

He has turned down multiple opportunities to be a head coach. Nothing wrong with making millions being a coordinator without the pressures of being the head coach.

Correct. Some people aren't simply satisfied with just being "happy". Some see it as being just fine.

@frattycapper22 Think there's a confusion as to what my point about the Leach hire is in my earlier comments. I think it is a homerun hire for Miss State, anyone that argues that is not being reasonable IMO. My point is more along the lines that the media and fans and bookies with their lines and RSW numbers are going to be overinflated because people LOVE Leach for his ability to always give a great quote, be direct and not hold back his opinions and his offense is fun as hell (and is essentially leaking and progressing into the NFL and all throughout CFB).

I think the excitement over having a guy like Leach there is going to lead to (unfairly so) prior expectations in year 1. Guy doesn't have his own players yet, he still is a horrible in-game manager, doesn't value timeouts and/or clock management....but is a brilliant mind. He reminds me a lot of Mike Martz with the Rams. Genius offensively but it's his way or the highway.

Personally (and I'm a Utah guy and Leach is a BYU guy), I love having a character like him in CFB. But I think oddsmakers, gamblers and the general Joe Public fan are going to think he's going to be able to get things right and improve MSU quicker than he most likely will be able to do so. That is what I meant with the anticipation to fade them...it's the hype train that's going to surround him and that program built up by the clown media ESPN's of the world and all of the amazing one-liners he's got.

Todd Monken hired as OC at Georgia.

Sounds like a good hire to me, but another indicator that the SEC coaches have decided to start scoring like the rest of the country. With the players Georgia gets they should be able to score with anyone.

The only hope the rest of the country--with the exception of Clemson--had was that at least the SEC didn't take full advantage of the fantastic offensive athletes they had. Looks like those days are over. LSU switched, Bama switched, Auburn switched, Miss State hires Leach, now Georgia hires Monken.

Can't wait to see what happens next year and down the road.

Hawaii hired Todd Graham as head coach.

I like the hire. Graham had poor results at Arizona State so there is still a question about him. He was a miracle worker at Tulsa though. Did a fantastic job including beating N Dame at South Bend. I never understood how a guy who did that at Tulsa, a school where it is almost impossible to win, failed at Arizona State. Not that Ariz State is a plum job, but it's a lot better than Tulsa.

Hawaii hired Todd Graham as head coach.

I like the hire. Graham had poor results at Arizona State so there is still a question about him. He was a miracle worker at Tulsa though. Did a fantastic job including beating N Dame at South Bend. I never understood how a guy who did that at Tulsa, a school where it is almost impossible to win, failed at Arizona State. Not that Ariz State is a plum job, but it's a lot better than Tulsa.
Players probably a whole lot more distracted at Ariz St than Tulsa

Zach Arnett is the new DC for Leach at Miss State. Was DC for Rocky Long the last couple of years and was named Syracuse DC, but is turning that down to go to Miss State. Sounds like a great hire to me.

Went back and checked on Graham's record at Ariz State and he did better than I remembered. Winning record overall and in the Pac-12.

He was 46-32 and 31-23 in the Pac-12 with five bowl appearances in six seasons.

I'm with you, Twinkie.

He's had success as a DC and I'm pretty sure he was DC at LSU when they won a national title. He had success as a HC too, but he always looks like such a goober--dresses like one too--that it's hard to get past that. I'd have to say his performance was mixed when he was at OU,

He'll probably do a great job, but he's not a sure thing

Good move by Dantonio.

Sometimes things start to go bad and it's better to move on. Nothing positive was happening in that program for the last couple of years and looks like there is even more bad news starting to surface.

The question is, can anyone win at Michigan State? It's a tough job just to make it to a bowl, and there is almost no hope of winning a conference title. Even winning a division title in the toughest division outside the SEC is not a realistic goal.

Good move by Dantonio.

Sometimes things start to go bad and it's better to move on. Nothing positive was happening in that program for the last couple of years and looks like there is even more bad news starting to surface.

The question is, can anyone win at Michigan State? It's a tough job just to make it to a bowl, and there is almost no hope of winning a conference title. Even winning a division title in the toughest division outside the SEC is not a realistic goal.
At least he did it with zero class and allowing scum bags to run rampant in his program, while abusing women and steroids. Bravo, Mark. Lets pay homage.

Next up, Pat Narduzzi.

So this means the rest of the coaching staff is probably on its way out right? I mean for starters that i'm not sure there's a reason why Dave Warner should be on a D-I staff. Lewerke literally regressed and what was made out of all the talent at wide receiver has been extremely disappointing.

So this means the rest of the coaching staff is probably on its way out right? I mean for starters that i'm not sure there's a reason why Dave Warner should be on a D-I staff. Lewerke literally regressed and what was made out of all the talent at wide receiver has been extremely disappointing.
All their contracts were/are expiring.

Calm down man I’m sure harbaugh will get you a big ten title some day
Won’t take away from Dantonio irreparable shame. Guy takes his money and runs like a bitch when heat is turned up. Scumbag.

Harbaugh wins/losses have nothing to do with your coaches transgressions as a human.

Your team is in a much better position without Dicktonio for future success and more importantly, morally. Be happy!

Last edited:
Won’t take away from Dantonio irreparable shame. Guy takes his money and runs like a bitch when heat is turned up. Scumbag.

Harbaugh wins/losses have nothing to do with your coaches transgressions as a human.

Your team is in a much better position without Dicktonio for future success and more importantly, morally. Be happy!
If you’re going to play the morality card, fair enough. Not my highest priority in an overwhelmingly shady industry but I understand it. I suspect a vast majority of Walmart wolverines hate him for his personality and success though- especially in relation to UM.

All fans think their program/head coach is clean as a whistle while their rivals program/head coach is a festering den of evil, cheating and immorality.

You'd think we could rise above that level of idiocy here.

All fans think their program/head coach is clean as a whistle while their rivals program/head coach is a festering den of evil, cheating and immorality.

I'm assuming this is directed at the Dantonio dismissal. Yes, this is generally true as far as rivalries etc go. In this case, a lot of this actually has merit unfortunately as far as the lawsuit, sexual assaults and steroids go. Now, the recruiting violations article, that was a surprise and a half.

MSU has done it twice since 2013 which is more than anyone else has accomplished within the conference/division in that time span.

I'm not saying it's the easiest place to win but there is a blueprint for success and it's been done.

Make a good hire and they could get the ball rolling. Narduzzi doesn't instill much confidence in me but I think Fickell would be really interesting.

As far as the next MSU coach.... Tressel obviously the interim. It was assumed last year that Fickell or Nard would be obvious choices. I know Dantonio said February is the time your supposed to leave a program(no it's not) but now they are in kind of a bind. Whatever coach goes there is working with very thin roster talent. They will need to regain trust in the metro Detroit community with the HS coaches who had blackballed Dantonio. In fact, really across the state. This isn't an easy place to recruit at all. They feasted on PSU sanctions / Brady Hoke plus Jim Tressel helping feed lower level Ohio recruits to them until he left. You can match up the timeline of when they started slipping. Add in the fact that Cincinnati and Kentucky are getting guys MSU used to and there isn't a lot left. Whoever they get needs to be patient, a bulldog on recruiting trail and being able to coach up.

MSU has done it twice since 2013 which is more than anyone else has accomplished within the conference/division in that time span.

I'm not saying it's the easiest place to win but there is a blueprint for success and it's been done.

Make a good hire and they could get the ball rolling. Narduzzi doesn't instill much confidence in me but I think Fickell would be really interesting.
As I said in my longer post, the climate has changed. The 2013-2015 teams were built during the best recruiting conditions MSU has had in decades. A lot of those doors have closed. To add to my point ... The next coach will need to be ultra aggressive with Free Agency.

100%. Notice it’s only really UM fanboys who care about this dantonio stuff. And it’s only because he had success comparatively and against UM while ruffling their feathers with various comments throughout the years

100%. Notice it’s only really UM fanboys who care about this dantonio stuff. And it’s only because he had success comparatively and against UM while ruffling their feathers with various comments throughout the years
That's a bit off though man. Sure, no one likes him because his roided up bunch was trying to intentionally hurt players. That's really the basis of it. There really wasn't any ill will till that stuff began a decade ago. He's a good coach, especially defensively and he did a great job there. What a lot of people don't like is he picks a player up from jail, and starts him that Saturday. He recruits a guy that no one else wanted on campus. I won't go into the rest of the sex stuff because it's too much. That's why we don't like him, but more specifically MSU. They , and they are not alone across the country, care more about wins and beating M than the safety of their students. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Robert Saleh could be the next coach. Has roots here in metro Detroit. Had great success with SF and would probably jump at the chance since one of his buddies sits on the board of regents at MSU. IMO

Yardbarker has an article about Robert Saleh ties to East Lansing and MSU. It would be quite a challenge for anyone taking over this team. No QB, no depth ..etc...

Robert Saleh could be the next coach. Has roots here in metro Detroit. Had great success with SF and would probably jump at the chance since one of his buddies sits on the board of regents at MSU. IMO
That was mentioned yesterday.

Matt Campbell said no already. They apparently said a number, he said no, said another number and he also said no. Basically there is no price for him to go there.

You're right, BAR. Campbell has a better job now at Iowa State. AliSheedy points out the Spartans have won divisional titles, but that was before Harbaugh and Franklin arrived at their schools. It's harder now.

Iowa State is not an easy job, but it's an easier conference and he is on even footing with most of the schools. And he has a; good fan base that is loyal to the school and doesn't expect miracles.

Michigan State has had some very good periods over the years so I agree with Ali it's not impossible, but it's a tough job. Maybe they can find the next PJ Fleck, but I don't see a coach leaving a good Power 5 job for a move that is lateral at best

Last edited:

Actually, I dont. I saw Lloyd Carr have an Eddie Bauer Explorer on my HS campus for a certain DE or 2 and QB/WR to show them what they will get if they go there. 2 did, one went to the U. Harbs has his dirt too, its just not to the level of Dantonio, who ran a rogue program with repeated offenders and abusers. That is not debatable.

Cole Chewins is exhibit 1,022 of the steroids case. Oh, he lives up the street for me. For many of us in MI, its so close you know somebody who knows somebody who knows something. As BAR has said for years, these arent isolated incidents. And we all knew he'd flee after the bonus and depositions.

Back