• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread -- Updated

Geoff Collins will not retain any Georgia Tech assistants

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...retain-any-assistants/SDwkJSgNqJUgjEpfEnOwVP/

Two of Collins’ assistants at Temple, defensive coordinator Andrew Thacker and defensive backs coach Nathan Burton, are expected to join Collins, according to philly.com. Thacker is a Georgia native who has coached at multiple stops in the Southeast. Burton is a Tech grad (and Greater Atlanta Christian before that) who played for the Jackets while Collins was there as a grad assistant and tight ends coach.

Justin Fields transferring from UGA. I'd transfer as well, never understood signing QBs like this. World class is not going to sit.
He is going to have to get a waiver. Hardship would be out of the question, as he is from GA. Most likely will have to sit. So, pointless in transferring for playing time.

He is going to have to get a waiver. Hardship would be out of the question, as he is from GA. Most likely will have to sit. So, pointless in transferring for playing time.

Im not familiar enough with the rules book.

I think I might get off GT for bowl game, I know they want to win going out but literally every coach has been dumped, cant imagine they are feeling bowl game or maybe Im just projecting.

Im not familiar enough with the rules book.

I think I might get off GT for bowl game, I know they want to win going out but literally every coach has been dumped, cant imagine they are feeling bowl game or maybe Im just projecting.

I would imagine the defensive side is where this would come into play? the option runs itself and the Admiral makes the key adjustments during the game as far as figuring out what the defense is giving them between dive, keeper, off tackle, pitch, etc, .. there is no option coach that comes close to making the adjustments he does during the game. I imagine he wants his option baby to go out singing like a bird ...

so if there are concerns with the defense showing, should we be glancing at the over?

usatsi_9655621-2.jpg

He had shitty QBs and yes I know he’s supposed to be a QB guru but cmon man. Stick it out. You made a promise.

Major Applewhite is the opposite of a quality CFB coach

You have to understand that you aren't his master, he makes you, you don't make him. Oliver situation is 100% on Major DBag

Who here as actually lived in Miami? I have. Yes, it’s got its issues but that goes for any city. Would it be my first choice for vacation? Absolutely not. But to disparage the entire city is asinine.

He had problems at QB. Perry shares the sex video. Rosier can’t hit water falling from a boat. Not the end of the world. (Remember CJ Giles?)

He’s a Christian man and he speaks his truth about his relationship with God and Christianity. Why the fuck is that an issue with any of you?

To me, this speaks shabbily upon his word. Regardless of religion, he broke a promise.

(I’m also a huge fan of Bill Self so I know I’m being hypocritical)

I think he quit for two reasons; he just didn't enjoy coaching anymore and maybe more importantly I think that they wanted him to fire his son who he hired to be his QB coach.

I do think that there’s a bigger issue in coral gables. There’s something going on internally.

They wanted him to fire his son and hire an OC. Richt was insistent on running the offense. I mean if you watched this team at all it was obvious that the offense needs a complete overhaul.
Yes the offense was shit. I watched every game I could.

They wanted him to fire his son and hire an OC. Richt was insistent on running the offense. I mean if you watched this team at all it was obvious that the offense needs a complete overhaul.

Exactly. It is time for him to retire.

Do Hurricane fans want him back?

Oh yeah, God is already dead in Broward.

I wasn't aware Richt was a bible thumper. i never heard him being holier-than-thou the way Freeze used to do all the time.

Not sure what that has to do with trying to coach at Miami, but I rate Miami as one of those jobs where it is NEVER worth the money to try and coach at that school, no matter what they pay you.

i guess it was his old school, but it never made sense to me for him to take that job.

As for Applewhite and Houston it is the oldest story in football. A school hires a guy who has never held such a job for even one hour of his life and expects him to succeed. Being head coach requires a different skill set than being an assistant. If I were an AD I would only hire a guy who already proved he can do the job.

And Holgorsen to Houston makes a lot of sense for both the school and the coach. Houston is a FAR better job than West Virginia and Holgorsen can win big there.

I wasn't aware Richt was a bible thumper. i never heard him being holier-than-thou the way Freeze used to do all the time.

Not sure what that has to do with trying to coach at Miami, but I rate Miami as one of those jobs where it is NEVER worth the money to try and coach at that school, no matter what they pay you.

i guess it was his old school, but it never made sense to me for him to take that job.

As for Applewhite and Houston it is the oldest story in football. A school hires a guy who has never held such a job for even one hour of his life and expects him to succeed. Being head coach requires a different skill set than being an assistant. If I were an AD I would only hire a guy who already proved he can do the job.

And Holgorsen to Houston makes a lot of sense for both the school and the coach. Houston is a FAR better job than West Virginia and Holgorsen can win big there.

I think the Miami job is a great one for a young and hungry coach. The recruiting base is outstanding and they once had a great winning tradition.

They made the orange bowl last year

The program has been in a steep decline since the middle of last season and Richt had gotten lazy in regards to recruiting. Miami should never have a recruiting class ranked in the 30s with all the talent in South Florida.

Back