• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Clippers +1400 to win the 2020 NBA title

raems

Played around with a few trades last summer and it worked out, trying it again here.

The Clippers have 2 options if they sign Kawhi, which I think they will:

Trade Gallo to free up a second max, who id imagine will be Jimmy Butler who is a crazy good playoff piece.

Keep Gallo and ~15mm in cap space to continue adding depth I.e. guys like Brook Lopez, keeping Pat Bev etc.

They’re getting Trez and Lou back who are huge for offense, SGA is a budding star in my opinion and Shamet is a low usage sniper which is key.

14/1 isn’t pricing in the likelihood they get Kawhi. If they get Kawhi AND Jimmy I think you’re looking at 3/1 or 4/1. I’m not in a rush to place a lakers future given depth issues and new guys coming together likely leading to a slow-ish start. I think this is the move.

5 units to win 70.

The Clippers winning the title after Canada got the last one would be a sure sign of the upcoming apocalypse.

It will win if they get Leonard and then it's huge value.

0% chance with Butler or anyone else.

I feel like betting the Raptors and the Clippers guarantees you one champion.

LeCramps and AD ain't winning a ship together. Watched a lot of AD Pelican's games and his #s don't necessarily translate to wins/losses.

He will become a 3 point shooting big ala Bosh and Love very soon.

Utah +4200. 1 unit to win 42

Keeping Favors in this Conley trade means they still have room to sign Tobias Harris. That’s a 1 seed, regardless of playoff chances a 1 seed at 42/1 is fine by me. Just grabbed this before prices adjust.

Keeping Favors in this Conley trade means they still have room to sign Tobias Harris. That’s a 1 seed, regardless of playoff chances a 1 seed at 42/1 is fine by me. Just grabbed this before prices adjust.

A 1 seed?!

I think Spider is a limited talent and we've probably seen the best he has to offer. Not sure who left on the roster will elevate to the next level?

But Conley's shooting is so much better than Rubio's.... so who knows?

They won 50 games last year, the current 1 seed warriors are dropping off, Houston is in disarray and the Lakers won’t be focused on burning their guys out before April - that’s why Utah can get a 1 seed. I’m not saying they’re on the list of top 3-4 contenders after this deal necessarily, but if they make the playoffs with home court until round 3 that presents some value.

They won 50 games last year, the current 1 seed warriors are dropping off, Houston is in disarray and the Lakers won’t be focused on burning their guys out before April - that’s why Utah can get a 1 seed. I’m not saying they’re on the list of top 3-4 contenders after this deal necessarily, but if they make the playoffs with home court until round 3 that presents some value.

The more I thought about it the more I think you're on to something.

Rubio's lack of range made the offense much easier to defend. Conley brings better range, similar PG skills, and superior defense.

I literally added this a few hours ago. I'm a sucker with this team.

As far as the Clippers go... If they get Claw...Horford and still have a lot of their role players this is a damn good team. He gets shitted on, but Doc is a solid coach.

Just got down 2u on Clips to win it +1300
1u on them to win WC +700

There’s a book or 2 sleeping out there, boys and girls. These bets were put in 3 minutes ago

Just got down 2u on Clips to win it +1300
1u on them to win WC +700

There’s a book or 2 sleeping out there, boys and girls. These bets were put in 3 minutes ago
Good job. And take the hint guys that those books are offshore or your pph shops.

Will lose to Houston in the WCF's...

Doc not a load management guy.

Either way though, you got the best value. Holding a semi-golden ticket right now.

Chris 'Multiple Sources' Broussard right now...

giphy.gif

Let me reiterate... If you are looking to put any futures in right now...SHOP around. There are some HUGE differences out there.

Heat to win the East +5500, risking 2u

They have the best halfcourt playoff player in the conference, a coach that spits out top 10 defenses every year, and are the only win now team that makes sense for Russ.

Heat to win the East +5500, risking 2u

They have the best halfcourt playoff player in the conference, a coach that spits out top 10 defenses every year, and are the only win now team that makes sense for Russ.
Good get there. Very good get

so, they have leonard, george, and williams...the rest of the team pretty much sucks ass...this is definitely not the most talented roster in the league, or even the west, so not sure how this line makes sense.

so, they have leonard, george, and williams...the rest of the team pretty much sucks ass...this is definitely not the most talented roster in the league, or even the west, so not sure how this line makes sense.
Well, they definitely are not the most talented but they have some nice pieces. They were a 6-8 seed most of season I believe and added a superstar and a player just below that level. Not. Too. Bad.

Raems number is excellent, to be honest.

Quick summary of positions

Clips title +1400, 5 to win 70
Lakers title +300, 20 to win 60
Jazz title +4200, 1 to win 42
Heat East +5500, 1 to win 55

I’ve learned that I see the futures chessboard much clearer than I do the NBA on a nightly basis, and honestly I don’t have the time to cap it as much anymore. My goal with futures is to set myself up for a profit come May, where hopefully I can hedge out.

A year ago I played the Warriors +175 before they got Boogie and prices exploded - posted here. It set up for a Raptors play in the finals that netted 25 units if I recall correctly (again it’s posted I just don’t remember off top of my head).

If I get Utah in the finals now, I’m holding a 26 unit ticket to win 42u. Lakers in the finals would be a 26 unit ticket to win 60, and Clippers in the finals would be a 26 unit ticket to win 70.

So if any of these 3 teams win the West, I will now have a hedge sitting there for 16 units profit (Utah), 34 units profit (Lakers), and 44 units profit (Clips) pending what the actual Finals series prices. The Heat bet was just a shot at a bad number.

Don’t count out Portland in the West either. Dame, CJ, you get Nurkic back, added Whiteside who will be motivated with a fresh start and in a contract year, not saying they are as good as the LA teams or Utah but they will be tough as will Houston, and GSW will be there if DLO meshes w that team and they can tread water until Klay gets back.

East is milw or Philly. Don’t see how anyone else makes it out.

Really well done raems.

Isn’t it a little bit of an annoyance, though, to have your money tied up in a book for a long time? This last season I bet on a couple teams to go over on their wins for the season. $10 bets so no large sum of money was tied up. But every time I checked my open bets in BM, for the entire season, there those 2 bets were, cluttering everything up...

Really well done raems.

Isn’t it a little bit of an annoyance, though, to have your money tied up in a book for a long time? This last season I bet on a couple teams to go over on their wins for the season. $10 bets so no large sum of money was tied up. But every time I checked my open bets in BM, for the entire season, there those 2 bets were, cluttering everything up...

I have grown tired of offshore books due to liquidity concerns - combine that with the fact that I don’t have it in me to cap nightly anymore, means I’m fine tying up some money in (supposedly) strategic ways.

i think your line is sweet raems...it's a must take at +1400...i was just commenting on where the line currently sits...i think anything less than 5-1 is insanity from vegas.

Back