• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Champions League Final (discussion+plays)

panos

Let me start by saying that if you happen to have a ticket for tomorrow's game and for some wicked reason, you don't want it, you can come here in Athens and grab 3,000 Euros easily.

About the game. I've been a Liverpool fan for more than 25yrs now, so I want Reds to win the big trophy for the 6th time in their gloried history.
But it seems that everyone and their mothers outside UK like Milan, so the line keeps dropping. I even saw it at 1.95 in one book. Fine with me.
Let everyone pound the Italians, while I'm playing wait and see.

But, why the whole world seems to have fallen in love with Milan all the sudden? Imo, all this support comes from only one game. The second leg against ManU, when the Italians were scary good. What about the previous rounds. I remember many people bashing Milan for being nearly kicked off by Celtic, and then getting a scare by the worst Bayern Munich of recent years in the quarterfinals.

On the contrary, Liverpool have been solid in Champions League play all season. It seems that Benitez prepares the squad better for the European competition, probably because he himself is more familiar with the style of the game. Benitez will never ever field his team as Sir Alex did against AC in Milan. And he will not do that tomorrow, either. Liverpool will try to avoid allowing a goal first and then see if they can score. If they score first, I do not see how they will lose the game.

Individually, the only player Milan has who could possibly intimidate Liverpool is Kaka. The Brazilian is the real deal, imo the best player in the world today. But i think Benitez has a weapon for him. It's Javier Mascherano. The Argentinian had a terrific performance in the 2nd leg against Chelsea and he seems to be in the right form at the right time.

Liverpool's midfield will be the key for the game. If they can hold their own against Gattuso, Seedorf, Pirlo and Ambrosini, I think Liverpool can score at least once and win. And I have a feeling that they will.

At the moment I have Liverpool pk, +0.5 @ 1.975 (Bet365). Since the line is likely to go in my favor i will wait.

My total lean is Over 2 @ 1.85, but I have not decided yet. I do not see a replay of Istanbul's 3-3, but the Under 2.5 price is just not worth it.

I'm also looking at the goalscorer props. Gerrard at 4.33 and Kaka at 3.25 look very interesting.

Almost twenty-four hours till game time!:wacka wacka:

Well Im outside the UK so Im on Milan lol...Actually I want to see Liverpool win but I just dont see it. Like you said Kaka is having quite the year, and I expect him to score tomorrow. Seedorf as well is to be reckoned with. It just seems Milan is getting it together and peeking at the right time. GL Panos, should be a dandy!

Thanks, catfood. Gl with your prop plays and good health with your side play, I guess, lol! Let's hope the game will live up to the expectations.

I'll be going with live betting and possibly a bet on there being a draw at halftime.

BOL Panos. All I can say is Liverpool is much easier to take this time round than they were 2 years ago, and their price is certainly not going to put anyone off such a decision.

I see this one a sa a complete 50-50 clash. Panos already wrote a great preview and I'll write mine tomorrow, just a few words now. I already have a play on Liverpool to win it all at 23.40 and won't hedge (1 unit was the stake), even if it's free money, I won't. Milan should not be favored here, they did outplay Man U but this is a different game and Liverpool played very well throughout the CL competition.

Plenty of tactical schemes expected, I'd suggest anyone who plans to bet on the game to read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6669039.stm

and other links regarding the final. There is a very accurate remark by British pundit Mark Lawrenson, I quote:

AC Milan play either Alberto Gilardino or Fillipo Inzaghi up front but they are sacrificial lambs.

They don't play anything up to them, everything goes through the midfield - the real core element of the team.

The midfield is so strong and the balance is fantastic.

Massimo Ambrosini and Gennaro Gattuso are good at getting the ball back and they protect Andrea Pirlo, who is a bit like the quarterback.

I FULLY agree. Liverpool's strength will be in the defensive midfield (Xabi Alonso), compact, zone defense and Gerrard's unpredictable impact. This is going to be one hell of a final.

I'll write more about it tomorrow.

Liverpool: 25-Pepe Reina; 3-Steve Finnan, 5-Daniel Agger, 23-Jamie Carragher, 6-John-Arne Riise; 8-Steven Gerrard, 20-Javier Mascherano, 14-Xabi Alonso, 32-Boudewijn Zenden; 15-Peter Crouch, 18-Dirk Kuyt

AC Milan: 1-Dida; 44-Massimo Oddo, 13-Alessandro Nesta, 3-Paolo Maldini, 18-Marek Jankulosvski; 8-Gennaro Gattuso, 21-Andrea Pirlo, 23-Massimo Ambrosini, 10-Clarence Seedorf; 22-Kaka, 11-Alberto Gilardino.

Btw Panos is a bit more experienced LFC supporter than I am, I've been supporting them since I was 11, meaning 1995/96 season. Just love my Reds, my favorite team in ALL sports.

To our Reds buddy. :cheers:

Hope to see this picture again tomorrow.
CL%20Final%204.jpg

I think I'm going to put a small bet on Liverpool at plus-money to win.

I also might play the over at the flat two, not 2.5.

I'm not really convinced ACM has really been tested that much this year. Yeah, they got by ManU, and I think that's why they're getting the hype now. Don't get me wrong, I think they've had a good year, but the reality is, given that Juve was bumped out of Serie A all together this year, that's a huge hit to their competition. Put Juve back in A for the season and you probably don't see ACM even qualify for CL next season.

Which, oddly enough, was sort of the position Liverpool was in last time these two teams met.

Part of me just thinks that Liverpool's day in, day out competition is better and that they might just be in Milan's head a bit still from two years back.

We'll see, but like I said, it may be worth it to me to take a small plus-money shot to find out.

Definitely, I agree. Plus one more remark, Manchester United came to Milano to PLAY football. They were HORRID in the defense and that's why that happened.

Liverpool will play NOTHING near to such tactics. This is going to be a hard, battling, tactical clash (it could go over why not, but tactical nevertheless) and the only side I see worth backing is the one offering the plus money.

Btw Panos is a bit more experienced LFC supporter than I am, I've been supporting them since I was 11, meaning 1995/96 season. Just love my Reds, my favorite team in ALL sports.

To our Reds buddy. :cheers:

Hope to see this picture again tomorrow.
CL%20Final%204.jpg
I still have my futures bet on Pool winning at +2200, and I'll stick with that. There's no way I am going against them tomorrow, not because of betting reasons, more because I am not seeing this game objectively.

I want to relive this: http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253442&postcount=1

and this:
http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=256210&postcount=40

:cheers: :23_31_4:

no bet for me, too close to call. Both coaches know what they are doing, although what worries me is that Milan's defense isn't really the best in the tournament. Though they are very experienced, Kaka and Seedorf have only so much stamina to play with before Milan's midfield being to crumble. I think Milan will pile pressure for probably 15-30mins of the game and that's when they begin to ware out. Liverpool seem to have a much more balanced team overall, even though their attack is not world class Pool's attack is still efficient enough to give them a victory of any sorts. IMO, for Milan to win, Gilardino or Inzaghi have to be on top form. Kaka will do his thing but he will need some extra support from the strikers who have been extremely quiet in the tournament. The attention will obviously be on Kaka and Gerrard, but i think the Hero will be someone else. For AC Milan i would think if Inzaghi starts he'll be the Hero or Amborsini or Pirlo. For Liverpool, i'm going to say Dirk Kuyt. Good Luck folks.

Am I reading this line wrong, or is this common? This is from Bodog. Should I hit both sides and hope there's no draw?

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>
</td> <td>7440
</td> <td> AC Milan

</td> <td>-
</td> <td> +110 <input value="2322455" name="lineID" onclick="checkWC();" title="Click to bet on a draw" type="checkbox">

</td> <td rowspan="2"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td> <td nowrap="true"> (+120)o <input name="lineID" onclick="checkWC();" value="2322431" title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 2½" type="checkbox">
(-175)u <input name="lineID" onclick="checkWC();" value="2322432" title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 2½" type="checkbox">

</td></tr> </tbody></table>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>7441
</td> <td> Liverpool

</td> <td>-
</td> <td> +205 <input value="2321404" name="lineID" onclick="checkWC();" title="Click to bet on a draw" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>-
</td> <td> Draw
</td> <td>-
</td> <td> +215 <input value="2322456" name="lineID" onclick="checkWC();" title="Click to bet on a draw" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

No, Houghton, you´re not reading this wrong. The bad thing for you -and for all of us - is that a draw is very common in games like these. Gl with whatever you decide to play!

@ Toronto Mike: Huh, come on, man, what do you mean no bet for you? It´s the Champions League Final! J/K, you´re probably wiser than me.:shake:

Lol, no problem, Houghton.

@ BetCrimes: Thank you, buddy, BOL to you, too. This is exactly what I was thinking. If you compare today´s Liverpool team with the 2005 one, this is a much improved Reds team. Reina with Dudek, Kuyt with Baros, Mascherano with Biscan, Xabi Alonso with Smicer and so on.
Is AC Milan of 2007 better than the AC Milan of 2005? Hell no, especially in the offense. Of course, this logic may sound naive, but, at this price, I think i will take Liverpool any day.

While I was having some problems with the site, I watched the line moving against me, so I pulled the trigger:

Liverpool pk, +0.5 @ 1.96 300 to win 288

We had a few showers a while ago here in Athens, but it´s over now...the forecast, however, has thunderstorms for game time.

Panos: Lean to UNDER myself - just can't see more than two goals scored. Then again, two years ago, I thought there was no way there would be more than two goals scored... yet Milan (who I had a big bet on) figured out a way to squander a THREE-GOAL LEAD - AFTER HALFTIME!

I think this Liverpool team is a little better; Milan not quite as good... and Benitez might well be the best big-game coach in the world...

I'll call for a draw or Liverpool win, 1-0 or 0-0.

The hero? The guy who has emerged as perhaps my favorite European-based player. RIISE (he will score or assist the game-changing goal)...

CKRex: The under is always a good choise with this Liverpool team (and coach), but generally I don´t like betting unders and at this price, I´m just not interested. BOL to your play!

I totally agree with you on Benitez; sometimes even I get a little pissed off by his conservative game plan, but, what I can I say, the man is a tactic genious.

Anyway, there´s only 5 hrs left...I just saw from my office window a dozen Milan fans going to the stadium... :Wacka%20Wacka:

I hope CKR, I sincerely hope buddy :D. :cheers:

Outside the Shankly Gates I heard a Kopite calling: Shankly they have taken you away
But you left a great eleven Before you went to heaven Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

All round the Fields of Anfield Road Where once we watched the King Kenny play
We had Heighway on the wing We had dreams and songs to sing Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

Outside the Paisley Gates I heard a Kopite calling: Paisley they have taken you away..
You led the great 11 Back in Rome in '77 And the redmen they're still playing the same way

All round the Fields of Anfield Road Where once we watched the King Kenny play
We had Heighway on the wing We had dreams and songs to sing Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road

Panos :cheers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VynDsxIrulI

Panos, don't tell me you're not going to the stadium? I'll be pissed if you tell me that :D.

have a beer for me there will ya:D

Unfortunately, Satyr, I couldn´t get my hands on a ticket at a fair price. I´ve been asked to pay 1,500-2,000 and some of them were on the AC Milan´s side of the stadium... :(

Right now, the main corp of Milan fans are passing right accross my office on their way to the stadium.

dammnnnnnnnn...what a ripoff. My friend here had tickets, but I couldn't go. I was pissed :D

But at this moment I can say I would pay 1500 € to see the match among LFC fans. Even 2000.

And wouldn't regret it even if Milan lifted the cup. If I lived through the bad days, seeing us draw with Coventry and get blasted by Celta Vigo in UEFA Cup(!), live my childhood without my team playing in the CL, while everyone else had their idols...

I can live through a CL final defeat. If it happens. But I think it won't. COME ON RED MEN!

is there any history of English clubs or Italian clubs playing in Greece? What is the weather forecast? The Under looks good if its humid, players will have a hard time coping with the weather

@T-Mike: If you mean in a CL / European Champions final, AC Milan played here in Athens in 1994 and crashed Barca 4-0...In 1983, Juve played in Athens and lost to Hamburg 1-0.

We've been having light showers on and off all day, but unless something changes dramatically, the pitch should not be a problem.

@ Satyr: Yeah, man, I know what you mean. But, first, I couldn't find a ticket with the Kopites, and second, unfortunately, I don't make so much money as you in wagers, lol!

70F/21C 72% humidity.

I have milan and over, but the over looks more and more like a sucker bet now.

Question: Does anybody think this game goes to OT?

My book only grades after regulation time (90 minutes). I'm assuming that my bet would be lost if this game goes to OT. There is a chance this game could be 0-0 or 1-1 at the end of regulation. Leaning towards the under and Liverpool at +140. Thanks.

By the way, my book sucks. :spank:

There is a good chance the game goes to OT. From 2001, 3 out of 6 finals were decided in penalty shoot-out.

The field is in excellent condition, the Greek TV just reported.

Jack,
i was dreaming about the over yesterday but with these conditions and humidity, i'm thinking we won't see a goal fest repeat of 2005. I think this game gets really exciting for the first 15mins and then teams settle in, should be a midfield battle. What was the line u got?

Panos,
not so worried about the field, more so the weather conditions. Both these teams are not accustomed to the humidity in Greece. If this is an under game, i see Liverpool taking it.

One thing I'm pretty confident is that there will be NO DRAW for the regulation time.

Ok, guys, I'm off to a CL Final party, bol to all, enjoy the game and Go Reds! :drink:

talk about fluke goal, u knew that was going to happen. Milan just hoping Liverpool don't score and bam 1-0 Milan. Kaka and Seedorf are playing like shit, Zenden has to come off, Pennant has all day, come on Benetiz do something!

talk about fluke goal, u knew that was going to happen. Milan just hoping Liverpool don't score and bam 1-0 Milan. Kaka and Seedorf are playing like shit, Zenden has to come off, Pennant has all day, come on Benetiz do something!

I felt the same way, as soon as that foul was called I knew pirlo would score, well it went off inzaghi...

So I'm supposed to be working, but I've decided I can't handle it, I'm now listening to it, but I couldn't find it through the BBC, so I'm listening to it in Italian.

Molto bene.

Forza Liverpool.

So I'm supposed to be working, but I've decided I can't handle it, I'm now listening to it, but I couldn't find it through the BBC, so I'm listening to it in Italian.

Molto bene.

Forza Liverpool.

non appena una faccia graziosa, pubblico del Joe è multi di talento

It sounds like they had their chances.

Good for Milan, I suppose. Damn, I would have at least pushed on that over, too.

Back