• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL In-game

Ha! Opening kickoff returned for a TD!!

I know Winnipeg likes to get off to quick starts at home but this is more than I'd hoped for

Maybe I’m nuts, Hulu, but Toronto actually has some offensive sets and schemes I think are pretty solid...they just have ZERO offensive talent to execute them.

Am i nuts for thinking that?

Maybe I’m nuts, Hulu, but Toronto actually has some offensive sets and schemes I think are pretty solid...they just have ZERO offensive talent to execute them.

Am i nuts for thinking that?

I don't entirely understand whats going wrong with this team. On paper, they have some talent. Derel Walker is arguably the best receiver in the league and combined with SJ Green, BAR's personal fav Armanti Edwards, this is a good receiving unit. James Wilder can be great. The offensive line is mid-pack. Its really the QBs that just can't seem to get it done. Never seem to make a read

I like a lot of the rollouts and moving the pocket in particular...that’s way underused in this league IMO

One thing I've heard about Chapdelaine is that he is a creative offensive mind but the schemes tend to be very complicated with a lot of options and complex route-trees. If you don't have a cerebral QB who can handle it, it can be a disaster.

Winnipeg was up 28-0 after only 12 plays from scrimmage last night.

Once they got up, the defence took their foot off the gas.

TODAY's games!!!!

Ottawa -9--- Very high line for a team starting a new QB and all canadian offensive line--

2 factors present here-- Ottawa coming off a bad loss at home- But were they bad or was Winnipeg just really much better?

I tend to believe that Ottawa is middle of the pack-- Montreal has talent- Is young but has recruited very well from america--

Which Vernon Adams do we see today? He has all the potential in the world-- But when he is rushed and pressured he takes his eyes off the receivers and just turtles. He goes backwards and gets sacked for huge losses--

All things considered I do not believe that Ottawa is much better than this montreal team-

I feel the points on Montreal are on a team that is not bad- HAS 3 members of CGY ON DEFENSE- We know that CGY team was all time great on defense--

Offensively i like their receivers-- POSEY CUNNINGHAM LEWIS- All good-- Stanback gets running- Watch out--

Would I be surprised if MONTREAL WON? Not even a bit-- So with that said-- The +9 looks like the right side here

Weather is perfect here today-- About 25 degrees no humidity-- good football weather

Calgary MOneyline +160----

Every time a new CGY QB comes off the bench one thing usually happens--

The new starters WINS right away but something more magical happens-- That QB sets some kind of CFL RECORD in the process as well--

Jeff Garcia did it. Dominated right away set records--
BO MITCHELL set all kinds of records in his first 5-6 starts--

Now SLICK NICK ARBUCKELY is doing the same-- The thing I enjoy is that he was the SUNBELT STUDENT ATHLETE OF THE YEAR-- This means he is smart-- He is paying attention on the sidelines learning from the GREAT CGY COACHING--

I like smart guys and smart coaches and smart teams--- CGY is that--
HAMILTON is not as smart in QB and coaching---

For me I go with the REAL PLAYAS- The real Bosses are CGY-- Not Hamilton--

CGY wins on another Steller performance from NICK PARBUCKLE!

10 to 1 money line Special Sammy parlay--

ALS MONOKLINE +310
CGY ML +150

Pays 10 to 1-- Risk 50--- lets go--

Its SATURDAY DOG DAY-- Rough Rough ROUgh where my DOGS at?

TODAY's games!!!!

Ottawa -9--- Very high line for a team starting a new QB and all canadian offensive line--

2 factors present here-- Ottawa coming off a bad loss at home- But were they bad or was Winnipeg just really much better?

I tend to believe that Ottawa is middle of the pack-- Montreal has talent- Is young but has recruited very well from america--

Which Vernon Adams do we see today? He has all the potential in the world-- But when he is rushed and pressured he takes his eyes off the receivers and just turtles. He goes backwards and gets sacked for huge losses--

All things considered I do not believe that Ottawa is much better than this montreal team-

I feel the points on Montreal are on a team that is not bad- HAS 3 members of CGY ON DEFENSE- We know that CGY team was all time great on defense--

Offensively i like their receivers-- POSEY CUNNINGHAM LEWIS- All good-- Stanback gets running- Watch out--

Would I be surprised if MONTREAL WON? Not even a bit-- So with that said-- The +9 looks like the right side here

Weather is perfect here today-- About 25 degrees no humidity-- good football weather

I can’t disagree with any of what you said sammy. I made this line 6.5 so I think there’s value getting the other side of the 7.

BUT...the thing holding me back is the old adage that I live by...a team is never as good as their best game and never as bad as their worst game.

Here we have Ottawa coming off their worst game of the season and Montreal coming off their best game. That’s just not a spot I want to get involved in.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit of the ALs kept this close or even won it.

Both teams lost their WIL linebacker last week. Montreal signed Chris Ackie who is a talent to be sure but only arrived this week and hasn’t played a down of football this year. Ottawa’s will have a lesser backup than that but at least he’s been with the team. Given the WILs importance in run stopping, I think both teams will be able to run all day. I also see 2 of the worst defensive lines at getting pressure so passing will be plentiful too. This game looks like an over to me.

Calgary MOneyline +160----

Every time a new CGY QB comes off the bench one thing usually happens--

The new starters WINS right away but something more magical happens-- That QB sets some kind of CFL RECORD in the process as well--

Jeff Garcia did it. Dominated right away set records--
BO MITCHELL set all kinds of records in his first 5-6 starts--

Now SLICK NICK ARBUCKELY is doing the same-- The thing I enjoy is that he was the SUNBELT STUDENT ATHLETE OF THE YEAR-- This means he is smart-- He is paying attention on the sidelines learning from the GREAT CGY COACHING--

I like smart guys and smart coaches and smart teams--- CGY is that--
HAMILTON is not as smart in QB and coaching---

For me I go with the REAL PLAYAS- The real Bosses are CGY-- Not Hamilton--

CGY wins on another Steller performance from NICK PARBUCKLE!

Could totally see it happening Sammy. Parbuckle has looked unflappable so far.

I’m going to stay off the moneyline just because I already have big money on this game and I will be there and want to be able to cheer for the cats to win.

I hate that the team I have season tix for has been the most consistently overvalued team in the league. I’m getting tired of fading my team but it is what it is.

They have talent 3 former stampeders on defenders will make your defense good vs the pass

But until last game they didn't have the pass rush to match. Now they are using schemes to get some pressure which is the final puzzle piece to make their defence good. This team could finish 2nd in the east

Als receivers very good.

They have former auburn star kwan bray. He is nuts.

This weibeke kid is huge. Great positional tight end. The cfl gronk!

Eugene Lewis posey Cunningham . Stacked lineup

Anyone seen dilaudid8? I remember him fondly. Whether it's at the hospital as an option for my wife, or when Vernon Adams Jr. is dealing and cashing as a dog...I end up fondly recalling his posts.

Adams and the Als can ball.

Congrats cats backers!

Totally dominated cgy on special teams and physical play.
Cgy receivers were all scared of getting hit!

Well done cats!

I wouldn’t have bet that game any differently but it still sucks to lose

Was a situation where the cats were tougher physically which rattled cgy receivers.
Add in the special teams domination and all the cats basically needed from the offence was the 2 scoring drives late.

This to me was a cgy cover likely 94 out of 100 times. 6 times bs like this happens and one team can win despite not doing much on offence.

But a win is a win and the Cats were better tonight. Full credit to them. Special teams is huge part of game in cfl.

Kavis Reed fired

My bigger question isthis is what the Als put out when circumventing the cap????

I've heard a lot of speculation that this has to do with Luc Brodeur-Jordain (LBJ) retiring and moving into coaching. Since both player and staff salaries are capped, they might have run afoul of some rule there. Not sure though.

Either way, this is a good thing for the ALs.

I've heard a lot of speculation that this has to do with Luc Brodeur-Jordain (LBJ) retiring and moving into coaching. Since both player and staff salaries are capped, they might have run afoul of some rule there. Not sure though.

Either way, this is a good thing for the ALs.

I heard it was due to the league taking over the ALS-- They wanted to clean HOUSE before selling the team to a new owner-- They had to make the team look attractive and clean up all the mess left by the previos regime-- Hence the league made them release MANZIEL and fire SHERMAN who was not an attractive head coach candidate and then they got rid of REED-- New owners can now start fresh by hiring their own GM.

To me REED did a good job- Look at where the ALS are at now- Largely through free agency he landed studs like Tommie Campbell, Ciante Evans, Patrick LEvels, Bo Lokombo, Taylor Loffler- Offensively the recruitment of William Stanback (dangerous runner) and QUANN BRAY who I believe is likely the top receiver in the league, the former Auburn standout is too good for CFL Dbs- HIs first game targeted 11 times- Enough said- Second game 75 yard td--
Pipkin and Vernon Adams can ball for sure--

Reed did assemble easily the best receiving crew in the CFL---

Devier Posey as a wideout--- One of the best deep threats in the CFL-- A real threat-- Catches 3-4 balls but big impact plays.
Bj Cunningham- Very reliable slotback-- Above average receiver-
Quann Bray-- Auburn standout--- Already on talent above all CFL Dbs
Jeff Weineke- Tall receiver 6'4 who catches with hands like a tight end-- HUGE mismatch vs many CFL db's who are 5'5-5'8 tall..
Eugene Lewis- Young emerging star- very talented receiver--

ALs are better because they have talent now-- Top running back and a receiving core with 5 threats-- All are good- all are AMERICAN-- All are studs--- No Canadian slow receivers-

Back