• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL In-game

Ottawa secondary: Does not look very good this season-----

I am not a big fan of this secondary-- First RED FLAG-- Starting DBs who are around 5'6-5'8 with short arms-- Ottawa has 3 dbs starting like this-- Sherrod Baltimore and CHris Randle and Correy Tindal are all around 5'7-- They might be quick but all you need to do is throw the ball up high and deep- They have no chance at all--

This is how a guy who is slow as molassess like ERIC ROGERS thrives in the CFL-- He is 6'4 with long arms- Catch radius 6'9 with wing span---- How can someone who had a wing span of 5'8 cover ROgers who is 6'8?

THis is how guys like Greg Ellingson are routinely open--- The DBS are too small--

Look at CALGARY-- All their new dbs are at least 6 feet tall-- no DBS under 6 feet-----

I went to a BC lions practice and was shocked to see how small some of the DBs were- Some were not even close to 5'7 more like 5'5 wide bodied big burly kind of bodies-- BUt you could see how they could never make a play on anyone taller than 5'10---

Keep an eye on this-- Ottawa secondary lacks size-- They wont stop the pass much then-- Adams lit them up last week with his bigger receivers all game long.

I've heard a lot of speculation that this has to do with Luc Brodeur-Jordain (LBJ) retiring and moving into coaching. Since both player and staff salaries are capped, they might have run afoul of some rule there. Not sure though.

Either way, this is a good thing for the ALs.

Just catching up on news now and it sounds way worse than I initially thought.

Damn, that's wild

Even worse is how bad he was at it

You know I did have to wonder at the reports that the team lost $12.5million last year.

The Salary cap is about 5.5 and TV revenues pay for all but about 1.5 of that. So you mean to tell us that you lost $11 million of administration and game day operations in one year??

You know I did have to wonder at the reports that the team lost $12.5million last year.

The Salary cap is about 5.5 and TV revenues pay for all but about 1.5 of that. So you mean to tell us that you lost $11 million of administration and game day operations in one year??

He must have known his time was up too with new ownership coming in, gonna be interesting to see what happens with the roster this year, guys who may get raises on the books could potentially be taking paycutsu

He must have known his time was up too with new ownership coming in, gonna be interesting to see what happens with the roster this year, guys who may get raises on the books could potentially be taking paycutsu

Yeah good point. I wonder if all this was discovered as new owners were doing financial due diligence?

Just catching up on news now and it sounds way worse than I initially thought.

The bigger QUESTION here is-- IF envelopes are flying around the locker room for players then WHO IS GAMBLING ON THE GAMES?

Perhaps some coaches and players? Judging by BC's complete lack of effort and game planning from the 1990's, and super high cost of living in BC, is it possible that wagering is going on with players?

Last edited:
Reed got caught for sure because it was impossible to do what the ALS did this season----

They sold all their draft picks for Mr. MANZIEL-- Then he is mysteriously vanished-- We all know that MANZIEL was for sure taking extra money from the ALS likely in this scheme that Reed was involved in. So the first clue was MANZIEL being released abruptly without any reason given...

Then in the off season somehow MONTREAL was able to land almost every HIGH PRICED FREE AGENT out there-- Guys like Tommy Campbell, Ciante Evans, Bo Lokombo, Taylor Loffer, Patrick Levels and Devier POSEY were all very EXPENSIVE FREE AGENTS--

So I was wondering at the time, How the hell did the ALS fit all these guys under the salary cap? Now we know how they did it..

Montreal was destined to be cellar dwellers and a full scale rebuild-- They got better really fast due to all the GREAT FREE AGENT SIGNGING that they signed--

HULU EDMONTON -4-- If Criminal Charges are a possibility here although I doubt it-- even though it seems like some kind of FRAUD was committed here by Reed. I doubt it the CFL would resort to outside Criminal charges but you never know in Quebec .

My logic is as follows-- If any players on Montreal who were involved in the SCAM, are worried about possible charges or FINES from the CFL, i could see the entire team being totally unfocussed to play a game this weekend?

It surely didn't effect them last weekend, but now that this news is out, who knows how this story will develop?

I will send the SYNDICATE LEGAL TEAM to MONTREAL immediately to start RECON JASON BOURNE style surveillance. If we can find out if charges will follow we may have a Montreal team in disarray...

Only with our Syndicate do we factor in criminal charges when capping a game! God Bless the Syndicate!

HULU are you making it down to Ottawa this season for a game?

If so I'll host you and we will go rip it up!

Any other syndicate members also welcome to attend Ottawa for a home game.

HULU EDMONTON -4-- If Criminal Charges are a possibility here although I doubt it-- even though it seems like some kind of FRAUD was committed here by Reed. I doubt it the CFL would resort to outside Criminal charges but you never know in Quebec .

My logic is as follows-- If any players on Montreal who were involved in the SCAM, are worried about possible charges or FINES from the CFL, i could see the entire team being totally unfocussed to play a game this weekend?

It surely didn't effect them last weekend, but now that this news is out, who knows how this story will develop?

I will send the SYNDICATE LEGAL TEAM to MONTREAL immediately to start RECON JASON BOURNE style surveillance. If we can find out if charges will follow we may have a Montreal team in disarray...

Only with our Syndicate do we factor in criminal charges when capping a game! God Bless the Syndicate!

Send the syndicate legal team Sammy. We need to know whats going on here. I could see this being a bigger distraction for some players than administrative stuff normally would be.

Send the syndicate legal team Sammy. We need to know whats going on here. I could see this being a bigger distraction for some players than administrative stuff normally would be.

Especially if they start investigating individual players and cutting players.. It could ruin the ALS season for sure.. Cant see it being anything other than a distraction at this point..

I mean how is it a POSITIVE for the team? The GM gets canned, assistants fired, all kinds of media around-- Players probably liked REED as well considering he was paying them restaurant dishwasher CASH under the TABLE style.

I am reaching out to the SIU (Syndicate Investigative Unit) to board a plane and get to Montreal and start working the streets to find out the scoop on the story..

I thought it was only the construction industry lol that was crooked in Montreal.

Als Players really liked REED from my research.. John Bowman said Reed was well liked and treated all players with respect.

Bowman also said that he has heard that almost all GM's throw in a little extra money on the side on contracts--

Chris Jones was breaking all kinds of rules in SASK- Practice roster violations- Practicing Manziel without telling the league etc-- Sure he paid VINCE YOUNG extra cash to report to training camp

You know you can parlay Edmonton with Winnipeg and Calgary for +money

I could see one of these teams falling-- Although I don't see CGY losing,, Ottawa looks like its secondary is trash--- Edmonton is already low spread-- A focussed TREVOR HARRIS who by the way is playing the best ball of his career due to JASON MAAS IMO-- I think they can cover that game-- 27-16

Ottawa making a lot of defensive changes this week

Ottawa Sun said:
Look for plenty of changes on defence. With Pruneau out, Kishawn McClain was taking first-team reps at safety. Linebacker Kevin Brown is also still out — Jerod Fernandez was taking most of the snaps at middle linebacker, with Avery Williams moving to Brown’s spot on the weakside. De’Andre Farris was taking starting reps at the field-side halfback position, with Randall Evans at cornerback. Sherrod Baltimore was shifted to boundary cornerback, beside Corey Tindal.

DeVier Posey likely out for the ALs this week. Tony Washington not practicing but expected to play.

@Sammy Meatballs I'm starting to agree with you on Edmonton. I think Harris will be able to throw all over them with his accurate short passing game and I think Vernon Adams hasn't seen a pass rush like this yet

Als Players really liked REED from my research.. John Bowman said Reed was well liked and treated all players with respect.

Bowman also said that he has heard that almost all GM's throw in a little extra money on the side on contracts--

Chris Jones was breaking all kinds of rules in SASK- Practice roster violations- Practicing Manziel without telling the league etc-- Sure he paid VINCE YOUNG extra cash to report to training camp

when hes delivering envelopes to them weekly they better like him

Once we get the legal info in, I think it has to be a factor

Syndicate UPDATE: JOHNATHAN JENNINGS WILL START FOR OTTAWA AT WINNIPEG THIS FRIDAY...

Has there been any stories this year about his work ethic?

Hervey absolutely ethered him last year with never being in the gym, always being last guy in, first guy out. Not sure is trust him to pick up an offense in one offseason, especially against a good D

HULU are you making it down to Ottawa this season for a game?

If so I'll host you and we will go rip it up!

Any other syndicate members also welcome to attend Ottawa for a home game.

No plans to be in the area in the near future but if I am I’ll let you know.

Same goes to you if you find yourself in the Hamilton area when there’s a game.

Has there been any stories this year about his work ethic?

Hervey absolutely ethered him last year with never being in the gym, always being last guy in, first guy out. Not sure is trust him to pick up an offense in one offseason, especially against a good D

In the preseason I only heard good things from the organization about him. He had 10 minutes of work in the first preseason game and moved the ball and looked generally better than Davis but that’s not much to go on. And it was against a Hamilton team that left a lot of starters home.

DeVier Posey likely out for the ALs this week. Tony Washington not practicing but expected to play.

@Sammy Meatballs I'm starting to agree with you on Edmonton. I think Harris will be able to throw all over them with his accurate short passing game and I think Vernon Adams hasn't seen a pass rush like this yet

I tend to agree.

Look at Ottawa offence last season and Edmontons this season.
Harris is a ball control q b who can read a defense very fast. He can slice up zones especially down the seams.
He gets rid of the ball in rhythm.

I only see good things from Harris and Mass. they are spreading the ball around nicely.

Our rival syndicate the ABC Boyz must have gotten their Intel regarding Montreal scandal and hammered Edmonton last night at Pinnacle.

With Vernon Adams I agree if you can pressure him I find he makes mistakes. If he has time like most qb he can move the ball.

Als defense looked good last 2 games but I feel that Edmonton can move the ball effectively with Harris under centre.

I do not however like the -6.5 on the road.

We always assume scandals are 100% negative for the teams like the Als.
Reality says it could effect them 100% negatively it only 50% negatively or maybe only 20% or in some cases it inspires the teams positively.

Syndicate wisdom point:
Point being we cannot assume THINGS TO BE FACT WHEN ITS IMPACT CAN NEVER ENTIRELY BE MEASURED ACCURATELY”.

Ppl lose because of the quality of the information and the fact that they take their information to be True and Fact when in most cases their information is False and Inaccurate!

Let’s vet our information syndicate members to ensure WHAT WE KNOW IS TRUE!

Which Vernon Adams shows up this week?

Is he going to continue his good play or

Will he revert back to regular Vernon!

Which Vernon Adams shows up this week?

Is he going to continue his good play or

Will he revert back to regular Vernon!

After the first game with Hamilton where Adams was on the run all night, they forced the run game with Stannack in the second and I do t think the cats were ready for it. They were still blitzing too much and the run game got them.

I do t think the ALs can get away with that this week. Not only because it’s been their tendency for 2 weeks now but Edmonton’s defensive line is so disruptive, they can destroy running plays in the backfield.

And there’s this...

Adams in the bottom half of the league for accuracy in week 5. Even with that improvement, he’s still bottom amongst starters.

Argos making some changes this week..
RT Randy Richards is out. That’s a big one on a line that’s already been mediocre
Ian Wild is out forcing Micha Awe to move to the weak side and Justin Herdman-Reed fills the middle.
Matt boateng gets the start at corner over Covington who was burned repeatedly last week.
Shawn Lemon returns to the roster although not listed as a starter at DE

Hard not to see the Argos getting trucked again this week in what should be a bounce back game for the stamps. But I’m not in a hurry to lay 11.5

Argos making some changes this week..
RT Randy Richards is out. That’s a big one on a line that’s already been mediocre
Ian Wild is out forcing Micha Awe to move to the weak side and Justin Herdman-Reed fills the middle.
Matt boateng gets the start at corner over Covington who was burned repeatedly last week.
Shawn Lemon returns to the roster although not listed as a starter at DE

Hard not to see the Argos getting trucked again this week in what should be a bounce back game for the stamps. But I’m not in a hurry to lay 11.5

Agree, if anything with them it's the 3 team parlay you posted that's +

Still debating that one

Calgary gets Juwan Brescasin back this week as well as Brandon Smith in the secondary.

This team has slowly gotten healthy and are about to go on a tear I think.

In addition to Ottawa's defensive woes, RJ Harris now a GTD and Nolan McMillan will be <100%.

Rookie MLB, rookies in the secondary. They are going to have a hard time with the likes of Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Chris Matthews.

I can still get the Bombers -9.5 -120. This feels like value with how banged up Ottawa is. I guess the x-factor here is Jennings. He has a chance to play for a starting job and he might rise to the ocassion.

Anyone have thoughts on this side?

Mossis Madu and Lattanzio scratched for Ottawa too now.

Only significant changes for the Bombers is KR Charles Nelson is out and Chris Matthews is a GTD but likely out.

Only significant changes for the Bombers is KR Charles Nelson is out and Chris Matthews is a GTD but likely out.

Changing by the minute. Matthews is def out. Bighill is a GTD. If he doesn’t play, and with Briggs already out, Wilson will slide to the middle and they’ll have to start a noob at WIL

In addition to Ottawa's defensive woes, RJ Harris now a GTD and Nolan McMillan will be <100%.

Rookie MLB, rookies in the secondary. They are going to have a hard time with the likes of Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Chris Matthews.

I can still get the Bombers -9.5 -120. This feels like value with how banged up Ottawa is. I guess the x-factor here is Jennings. He has a chance to play for a starting job and he might rise to the ocassion.

Anyone have thoughts on this side?

Ottawa does not tolerate losing very well. This regime has always made changes all season long, in order to bring in better players. The roster seems to change from week to week. They always had new guys who were starting calibre to replace the regular starters..

This season is an anomaly. Ottawa started to establish a winning tradition and was used to winning. However they lost their QB, star guard and star receiver. The team went cheap in the off season thinking they could basically replace HARRIS..

Ottawa was a ball control short offence led by offensive coordinator genius JAMIE ELIZONDO, who QUIT the CFL for the XFL. He was very good at ball control...
Ottawa had a good running game with William Powell and 2 smart slotbacks in ELLINGSON and SINOPLI. The entire Ottawa offence was based on a running game that pounded the rock inside and then the inside short throws to Ellington and Sinopli..

This season they traded away William Powell, Harris Ellington and Spencer and Sir Vince Rogers are all GONE and the offensive coordinator left also..

Results this season-- New offence with a new coordinator Winston October and new running back and new QB and new receivers.. Add in a new QB in DOM DAVIS who is more of the typical CFL QB Antonio Pipkin style..

Who is Ottawa this season??

They are a team with an OVERRATED head coach in Rick Campbell who IMO is the worst COACH in the CFL at challenging calls.. He clearly does not pay attention to whats going on the field. He does not challenge clear catches and easily overturnable plays..
The new QB was not a cerebral QB who would throw short and move the ball. The new running backs were not able to make much of a difference..
The new receivers were mostly good at winning battles down the field but not really running any good patterns and able to work the zones....

The secondary is really crappy this season-- Not a huge pass rush anymore and the secondary is undersized and slow..

The move to switch to Johnathan Jennings over DAVIS was a classic OTTAWA GOVERNMENT SCAPE GOAT MOVE-- Campbell in typical Campbell fashion goes directly after players once they lose 1-2 games in a row.. They cut Ryan Langford after the winnipeg game because of a mistake he made returning a punt.. BC quickly picked him up..
After the second loss in a row, Campbell scapegoated DAVIS and made the switch to JENNINGS. The team states DAVIS is not 100%, and he is hurt. A reporter tweeted that they saw Davis limping around, but I am going to call BULLSHIT on that reporter and stick with what I Feel is true and its that OTTAWA makes changes after every loss.

Jennings game is based on talent alone and that's it.. He has a very strong arm, and can throw on the run and make crazy deep throws... He cannot read a defence at all though- He mostly can stare a receiver down and throw some nice deep balls..

I look for signs of a team that's organization is falling apart-- Trevor Harris leaving and becoming a MOP CANDIDATE and the offensive coordinator quitting on Ottawa 2 weeks before the season....
Ottawa the last few years won because their talent level was good, and their coaching was really good, especially offensively.. Their defence was good enough at times..

I feel that Winnipeg has gotten a lot of lucky TDS with special teams. I find if you can contain Lucky Whitehead that the Winnipeg offence has been nothing special.

I feel that Ottawa will play hard.. Campbell will not allow them to not play hard-- They have to play hard or they will be released immediately.

I think the line is about right-- I would say side is 50-50 although I do feel Winnipeg is a bit overrated.. Nichols at times has struggled,, Special teams is masquerading the fact that their offence has not been lighting it up either..

Jennings a big X factor-- Will he show up and breathe some life? Or will the team continue to struggle?

Yeah I grabbed a half unit on the 2H under 26.5. Both these teams playing slow and methodical and neither QB looks sharp tonight.

Sukh Chung our for BC tomorrow. They are bringing a guy up from the practice roster to start at RG.

Figueroa dressing but not penciled in as starter.

Focault and Boyko will start at the tackle spots.

This might be the worst offensive line a team has trotted out since the Bombers back in the Buck Pierce days. Reilly will have no time to throw at all.

Sask is still available at -4.5 and while I don’t trust Fajardo and that offense, the defensive line should feast. I might need to find a way to get involved in that game.

Sukh Chung our for BC tomorrow. They are bringing a guy up from the practice roster to start at RG.

This might be the worst offensive line a team has trotted out since the Bombers back in the Buck Pierce days. Reilly will have no time to throw at all.

Sask is still available at -4.5 and while I don’t trust Fajardo and that offense, the defensive line should feast. I might need to find a way to get involved in that game.

Meanwhile Riders get Nick Marshall back at corner and the Manny show gets his firsts start of the season over KD Canon.
Not to mention, Elimimian should show improvement in his second game with the green men and off a bye week to boot.

Still no Brett Lauther though. Gabe Ferraro will handle the kicking duties. He was 1 for 2 in his first game. That makes me nervous about taking the riders as a favourite

So ALs missing both Posey and Cunningham tomorrow.

Bray and Stanback the only legit offensive threats left.

Just EUGENE LEWIS and QUAN BRAY to worry about-- 2 huge losses for the ALS-- This WEINEKE guy is pretty good for ALS--

But when you take your top 2 guys out of the lineup, you will not win-- Look at Ottawa without Ellingson and SPencer-- Different offense

BC offensive line has been pathetic since 2014 seriously-- The BC line has ended a few QBS careers- It finished off LULAY and ended Jennings in BC.. I agree totally--

IMAGINE CHARLESON HUGHES and MICAH JOHNSON going vs this LINE???

Reilly is likely regretting the decision to go to BC- He would have been better off staying in Edmonton.

Allow me to offer you a proposition---

As you mentioned the BC O line is going to be in tough tomorrow--- If FIGUERORA and CHUNG are both out, I don't see this line holding up for the game..

However I think the BC defense may step up to the plate and try hard and I could see a LOWER SCORING FIRST HALF-- perhaps an under 1st half?

I cant see BC moving the ball for tds--- Fajardo looks very defendeable especialy since BC would have seen him in practice every day.

Any hulu thoughts?

Allow me to offer you a proposition---

As you mentioned the BC O line is going to be in tough tomorrow--- If FIGUERORA and CHUNG are both out, I don't see this line holding up for the game..

However I think the BC defense may step up to the plate and try hard and I could see a LOWER SCORING FIRST HALF-- perhaps an under 1st half?

I cant see BC moving the ball for tds--- Fajardo looks very defendeable especialy since BC would have seen him in practice every day.

Any hulu thoughts?

I leaned under for this game but now that the total is down around 50, that’s a low number to go under. Id have to look into the teams relative 1H vs 2H performance to see if the 1H under 25.5 has any value.

BC has started several games well. They were up in Edmonton after the 1Q and led much of the way against Calgary. But as you’ve pointed out, Jackson always reverts to his awful play calling eventually. So what i could see happening is BC smartly gets the run established early to take pressure off their o-line and then blows it later as the line collapses around Reilly. And maybe the BC defense can contain Fajardo and Powell for a while before finally running out of gas. Put those 2 together and you have the recipe for a solid 1H under

Back