• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CCC ROUNDTABLE WEEK 8 WINNERS DISCUSSION

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Thursday double header.

Redblacks at Argonauts. 7pm

Riders at Eskimos. 10pm

Friday.

Hamilton at Manziel Montreal 7pm

Saturday.

Bc lions at Calgary stampeders.

Okay some interesting matchups. Let’s break it down Hot stepper style

One trend I’ve observed is the following.

When looking at a mediocre to weaker team we must look at their receiving cores.

Ex- Hamilton yesterday had no tasker tolliver so when you have smallish banks Williams Saunders abd mike jones as your receivers they aren’t good ebough on the stat line to win.

Ex. I’m not going to see any Hamilton receiver with the stat line of 6 catches for 98 yards and 4 for 73 yards. We know that guys like Williams mike jones can be held to 1 or 2 catches.

The winning teams have 2 receivers typically combining for 10 catches minimum for about 160 yards or more with about 2 touchdowns.

Hamilton didn’t have that. Either did the riders either did the aloyettes. They all lost.

The winning teams had guys Derrel Walker duke Williams davaris Daniels catching big gains.

Brings me to my next target!!

Argonauts. How exactly is Toronto supposed to stay competitive with their receiving core?

Who on their stat line is getting 5 for 96 yards and 4 catches for 76 yards?

Sj green ? Armani Edwards?
They don’t have the receiving skill to get that.

So when looking at certain teams we must analyze their receivers and in many cases you can just see how obvious it is that they can’t win with the guys they have.

Trestnan has largely benefited from luck imo in the Cfl.
Sure his coaching philosophy is excellent and he’s a detailed guy ( law degree). He has a great approach but one thing to bear in mind was his good fortune.

He had Anthony Calvillo in Toronto one of the best ever.
Then he cane to Toronto and inherited Ricky Ray.

Furthermore his assistant coaches were almost too good for the cfl. Both Milanovich and Marcus brady are now in the Nfl coaching qbs.
So when you have that kind of coaching. It becomes easier.

I don’t believe this years version of Toronto is good. I believe they are deflated. Due for a terrible year.

With the fact that they win the grey cup last Season and are having trouble drawing fans this season. It spells the end of football in Toronto imo.

I think Toronto is fade material.

Hamilton at manziel could see an under!

Madoli can’t score anything. And Johnny should be kept under control what I believe to be one of the top 2-3 defenses in the league in Hamilton.

This could be a low scoring game.

Although stuvlers defense is a concern because if jones is smart he can move the ball with inside receivers just hooking at 10 yards as stubler gives you a free 10 yards every play. And Hamilton will keep throwing that pass as they have all season.

Things to consider.

Wally at Cgy.

Intyesting to see line.

Usually this is a blowout. Bc no preparation allowed. Too arrogant too look at film.

So be funny to see. But it’s cgy or no play.

Argos struggling with the loss of Dever posey who was their best receiver. They don’t win the grey cup without his long td catch.

I think the combo of Franklin at qb who isn’t a short passer who will control the ball and stubler who won’t get the ball back fast for his offense is a terrible marriage.

Franklin throws deep and looks for longer passes leafing to quick drives and punts. Then their defense cannot get the ball back because the whole world knows stublr playing the same defense zone.

So I believe Argos will be hard to win much especially if James wilder doesent run the ball.

Bizarre situation with manziel starting Friday or maybe not.

I believe there are some issues with manziel playing in the cfl. I’m feeling a very strange situation occurring.

1-It appears that the Als and Ticats were both very hesitant to play him or give him any snaps.

2- The fact that the coaching staff don’t believe manziel knows enough of the playbook goes back to his college and nfl days where the majority of his time he didn’t know the plays. They lined him
Up in shotgun and ran very basic plays. Then if he didn’t see anything he would run the ball.

3- I keep hearing both Hamilton and Montreal talk about how it will take so much time to get him ready? What is he doing in practice? Does he not care to learn the playbook?

It will be interesting to see what happens with this but other than Brandon Dozier the Als have no playmakers on defense.

Offensively Ernest Jackson is washed up.

Damn. Can’t upload the picture...

Says it’s too large.

I saw a crazy pink Lamborghini shiny.

Looked quite exhilarating!

No real ideas from me this week. I don’t see any clear cut value spots so I’ll wait to see what the lines say.

Just read the Argos will be starting Bethel-Thomson on Thursday. I’m not sure it makes a difference with that line and receiving group.

JJ is practicing with BC so we will likely see him against the stamps.

The Montreal line will be interesting.

However I’ve noticed a trend of the alouettes stinking at home on defense.
On the road however they played well.

Held bc to 22. Cgy 27 and beat the riders on road.

For whatever reason at home they suck on defense. Mitchell white in particular struggles and gets out muscled all day. Not sure how he earned the monicker shut down corner. Nfl gave him a tryout last year? Crazy.

Tommie Campbell on the other hand is a playmaker.

Chris ackie and soon to be defensive rookie of the year BRANDON DOZIER who plays like tyrann matthieu. Little guy is everywhere on the field.

But remember we must always have a CCC board meeting when we are betting on WALLY, Stubler defense! These 2 guys are past their prime and can get exposed weekly by the right teams.

Ottawa will win vs Toronto.

We likely see Ottawa -6.5 to -7 imo.

Hamilton should be -6 possibly

Edmonton will be -6

Cgy will be -11

These are my predicted bookie lines.

Another factor working vs Johnny football is Khari Jones.

No idea how this guy has a job coaching. He has ended the careers of most QBs. He himself was a terrible cfl qb. He’s running the intermediate crossers that worked with geroy and Dickenson.

No one runs that offense anymore.

The pass routes have changed. Look at Cgy. They just single out a guy and throw it to him. They do this often. The routes are simple now.

Received hook short or go deeper corners of deep outs.

The middle of the field monsters and crossing patterns are non existent these days.

It’s more of a vertical game now. Lots of deep attempts short screens and hooks.

I personally believe that Khari jones does not have a primary receiver on any route. They are running an offense in which all receivers are running interconnected routes and the qb has to wait and read the defense and find the open guy.

Cgy Edmonton they know where they want to go with the football and they just throw it up. Their plays all have a primary receiver to throw to!!

Anyone notice this??

Ottawa also knows and Winnipeg who they are going to throw the ball to.

It’s primary read and check down

Or

Primary read between 2 receivers. They read the defense and throw to 1 of 2 guys.

I believe Kari jones and june Jones offenses rely on the qb to read the field and scan it waiting for a receiver to get open.
The quality of receivers also helps as the defense backs off and they can win their matchups vs smaller dbs
That are like 5’5 5’8 max. So many guys are very small.

Cgy edm are simple. They throw quick aggressive pin point passes.

I also think it’s possible that Cgy does not win the grey cup this season.

From a scouting standpoint Bo Mitchell has serious flaws in his game. He was a projected Highly rated qb with a possible nfl future until he self imploded.

I think Mitchell is a guy that doesent make any of his team mates better.

Reilly is a guy who makes his teammates better.

If Mitchell was on Hamilton Ottawa Winnipeg or bc I don’t think at the end of the season those teams would win anything more than 1 game max of Mitchell was their qb.

Reilly on the other hand would improve Ottawa Hamilton or bc by 3-4 wins easy.

First half possible unders!!!

Ottawa Toronto shouldn’t light up scoreboard

Hamilton Montreal should be low at half

Edm Saskatchewan. Don’t feel super high

Bc - cgy. Likely over at half as bc will be unprepared to play and down 24-0 early.

With the lack of crossing routes Hamilton’s inability to score makes sense.

Quick little receivers can’t win vertical routes.

They can win inside like cahoon did and terry vaughn did.

But Hamilton doesent throw those routes.

Since it’s all vertical routes you need a different taller receiver.

Look at Edmonton and cgy and observe the heights of their receivers.

Derrel walker 6’2
Dhawuille Williams 6’3
Stafford 6’1
Zylstra last year 6’3

Cgy

Eric Rogers 6’4 and long
Kanar jorden 6’2
Davaris daniels 6’3
Lemar durant 6’2

Ottawa.

Ellington 6’3
Sinopli 6’4

So when you see games between teams look at the receivers. Height matters. Especially in the cfl.

Need bigger receivers to beat the super small dbs.
I saw Ronnie yell at apraxtuce. He was barely to my chest. Looked about 5’5 5’6

Lots of dbs in the cfl are too small.

FWIW My power rankings through 7 weeks...

1 Calgary +7
2 Winnipeg +3
3 Edmonton +2.5
4 Ottawa +0.5
5 Saskatchewan -0.5
6 BC Lions -1.5
7 Hamilton -2
8 Toronto -3
9 Montreal -6

Been waiting for these all year!!!

They are so accurate! I agree with all

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the als have lost white for the season with a cervical injury. Personally I’ve never hurt my cervix. Must be painful.

They’ve traded Ryan Bomben to the Argos for TJ Heath to fill the void. Bomben will help shore up the Argos line which has looked pretty weak of late

We got lines on all 4 games but almost all sides and totally are within a point of what I made them.

I made sask 6.5 pt dogs against the esks so I think 9 is a bit inflated. But it’s not a bet I’m ready to make. The way to beat Edmonton is with a running game and the riders don’t have one. Or a passing game for that matter.

Surprised to see a line so early in Montreal. Maybe the books don’t care is VA or JM start or maybe they’re assuming, like the media, that manziel gets it. I think this game has ‘stay away’ written all over it.

Ottawa might have value at -4. I made it 4.5. Ottawa tends not to win game big and I don’t know what we get out of Toronto’s QB change.

Sask has a good defense. Sask can’t score too much.

Cj will want to keep this game low scoring. They aren’t winning if Reilly gets 31+

Yeah I think there’s some value there. It’s hard to take Edmonton under with their offense and average defence but sask might really struggle to score.

Sask has released Jerome messam with criminal charges pending.

Apparently he’s accused on videotaping a sexual encounter without the other party’s consent.

It’s possible he confused ‘consent’ with ‘cunt scent’ which he apparently had all over him at the time.

Apparently he’s accused on videotaping a sexual encounter without the other party’s consent.

It’s possible he confused ‘consent’ with ‘cunt scent’ which he apparently had all over him at the time.

That whole situation just stinks

Collards coming off the 6gm and practicing for the first time today. Reports say e won’t start until after the riders bye.

DB Nick Marshall also back today. Does this mean ol slingblade might finally convert duron carter to offense?

Chris Jones on Collaros practicing today: "It seemed like he threw the ball well. It seemed the ball came out of his hand. He didn't take any time counts so that's good."

Seems he’s still stewing about the time counts from Saturday.

He also said there’s a chance collaros could start this week. That would be an instant boost to the offence. I would take riders +9 in that scenario.

Cfl taking a real hard stance against criminals charges especially against woman.
So Messams career is essentially over.
I bet he wishes he didn’t videotape the encounter.

Nothing ever good comes out of quick sexual encounters like this. Now his careers over because of his terrible decision!

Be mindful of what you do my friends! Stay out of trouble!

I wonder what sling blade said to the team?

A lot of these players are married in the states and pretend to be single in Canada while in the cfl.

They have side chicks here!

I remember seeing the Hulu power rankings for the last few seasons.

I often wondered wow who is making these power rankings, as they seemed really accurate.

Now I remember. It is the man, the spirit named Hulu the Hotstepper! A man who has transcended the ego and created his own lines!

Our leader the radiant one!

Take us to the promise land Hulu.

I’m renting a baller house in Prince Edward Island next summer for The CCC capping retreat meditation convention.

We will watch some games, I may install a temporary command centre into our oceanfront rental. We will watch the ocean the sunsets and eat some fresh lobsters!

Eat seafood hit winners have a few drinks and rejuvinate!

Who’s in????

I remember seeing the Hulu power rankings for the last few seasons.

I often wondered wow who is making these power rankings, as they seemed really accurate.

Now I remember. It is the man, the spirit named Hulu the Hotstepper! A man who has transcended the ego and created his own lines!

Our leader the radiant one!

Take us to the promise land Hulu.

I’m renting a baller house in Prince Edward Island next summer for The CCC capping retreat meditation convention.

We will watch some games, I may install a temporary command centre into our oceanfront rental. We will watch the ocean the sunsets and eat some fresh lobsters!

Eat seafood hit winners have a few drinks and rejuvinate!

Who’s in????

I’m with ya Sammy.

As for this week though, I see no bets worth taking. A good qb knows he can only take what the defence gives and this week through a combination of tricky spots and good line making, there’s just nothing there. Better to throw the ball away and avoid taking the sack here.

We’ll see how the week shapes up but as of now, no bets for me.

I’m with ya Sammy.

As for this week though, I see no bets worth taking. A good qb knows he can only take what the defence gives and this week through a combination of tricky spots and good line making, there’s just nothing there. Better to throw the ball away and avoid taking the sack here.

We’ll see how the week shapes up but as of now, no bets for me.

No forcing... like that a lot.

Team Total? ;)

Don’t have one available to me yet but it should be around 22.5. They put up 22 against a much better defence last week albeit at home.

There are so many ?? around sask right now. Will collaros start this week or will they wait until after the bye as planned? Will nick marshall be back in and force carter back to offense? Edmonton is so weak against the run but can sask exploit that? Now that peeping Jerome is out, they only have Tre Mason and he hasn’t been impressive. Sask on a very short week too, 5 day turnaround and travelling.

If I could be a fly on the wall I would love to watch Chris Jones reaction when he was informed of Messams Voyeurism charges.

I can just imagine the conversation that Jones had with the Gm and assistant coaches.

His reaction was probably classic!

“Insert southern accent”

Yeah Messam was banging some chick and recorded it, god damn any nfl running backs available? Or should we use duron as running back?

Team Total? ;)

Maybe take a look at the Edmonton team total under?

I would say the best move is to try and find sensible spots to bet against Toronto and Montreal. Both teams are in disarray.

Bad coaching Montreal
Weak offenses

Defenses tire out quick.

Shitty defensive coordinators

Underwhelming receivers.

Bad home crowds. Pathetic energy leading to blowouts every time at home except for Toronto’s upset over Edmonton which they were outplayed.

I can tell you in the Cfl things get worse on bad teams before they get better.

I would think Ottawa wins that game fairly easily.
Ottawa always dominates crappy teams in the road

This is the year Trestman gets exposed because as we saw in the nfl if he doesent have the best QBs in the league with a great defense and the best coaching staff in league I see nothing special about trestman.

Toronto is going to quit at some point. No home fans. Players will feed off less than 10k I’m stands.

I’m going to research this further but I see Toronto as a team not even competitive at all.

Ottawa with Cioffi Uko and Thorpe will shut down crappy Toronto offense. Harris should be able to have a breakout game at some point. I can see a scenario where Ottawa could cover.

With winnings a good rule of thumb is to donate a percentage to less fortunate.

As gambling is considered a form of sensual entertainment that should be avoided.

However I believe if we partake in sensual entertainment (capping) and we donate some to those less fortunate and to good causes at least we are contributing to the bigger picture and the highest ideals known to man.

With winnings a good rule of thumb is to donate a percentage to less fortunate.

As gambling is considered a form of sensual entertainment that should be avoided.

However I believe if we partake in sensual entertainment (capping) and we donate some to those less fortunate and to good causes at least we are contributing to the bigger picture and the highest ideals known to man.

Its good advice and I should do it more often. I usually end up buying my partner something since she puts up with my incessant football watching and my head being in the clouds all season.

Sammy I'll donate 10% of my profits this season to charity if you will also. I'll post my donation receipt at year's end.

Back