• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CCC Fireside Chat - Week 9

Hulu

#3DownNation
I like having a thread to dump random thoughts in all week as we lead up to kickoff. I feel like this is working well and it keeps the clutter out of my plays thread.

My updated power rankings after 8 weeks...

1. Calgary +7.5
2. Winnipeg +3
3. Edmonton +2
4. Saskatchewan 0
5. Ottawa 0
6. Hamilton -0.5
7. BC Lions -1.5
8. Toronto -2
9. Montreal -8.5

Edmonton getting a lot of pieces back this week. Adam Konar & Mike Miller will likely start on defense. Vidal Hazleton, Justin Sorenson and Tommie Draheim all return on offense.

I may have to re-think Edmonton, especially since osme BC money has pushed this line down to 3. This is starting to look like the Esks team that won 7 straight to start last year and 5 straight to end it. They are on a 3 game streak right now. BC is in tough.

Looks like BC will be without Jeremiah Johnson this week. Rainey and Van will be the two available backs. Both have talent but neither is an every down back.

Hamilton's defensive line is banged up. Justin Vaughn added to the 6 game DL. Adrian Tracy and rotation guy Conner McGough both missing practice but probable to play

Vernon Adams placed on the 6gm DL. Didn't see that one coming.

Joe Rankin, just signed this week is practicing with the first team defernse at CB.

John Bowman out too. Montreal is in some serious trouble.

If there are any -13.5s left out there on Ottawa take 'em. Even -14 is probably still good.

Last edited:
Looks like BC will be without Jeremiah Johnson this week. Rainey and Van will be the two available backs. Both have talent but neither is an every down back.

Bc will be in very tough facing Edmonton Eskimos because of 2 words.

Jason Maas.

Talk about a coaching mismatch. Mass will be looking at film drawing up plays and picking on bc weaker players.
Wally will be doing nothing. All he will do is blame the players like he always does.

Wally has no chance against Edmonton or Cgy.

I believe Wally is 4-27 vs the west in the past years.

This game is a coaching mismatch. Wally has never been the brains of Bc. He is a horrible coach who doesent wear a head set and is the master at throwing others under the bus.

Vernon Adams placed on the 6gm DL. Didn't see that one coming.

Joe Rankin, just signed this week is practicing with the first team defernse at CB.

John Bowman out too. Montreal is in some serious trouble.

If there are any -13.5s left out there on Ottawa take 'em. Even -14 is probably still good.

Hard to not see a 34-7 final.

However Harris is pretty much a game manager. Tough to count on him to cover 2 tds. The guy isn’t a great qb. No mobility and weak arm

Hulu one thing I wanted to voice was about Hamilton.

I think Hamilton is a total different team on the road.
I’m not saying they can beat Winnipeg but masoli plays his best ball on the road. He stinks at home.

The cats have a very good defense. Dbs everywhere. Solid linebackers!

Hulu one thing I wanted to voice was about Hamilton.

I think Hamilton is a total different team on the road.
I’m not saying they can beat Winnipeg but masoli plays his best ball on the road. He stinks at home.

The cats have a very good defense. Dbs everywhere. Solid linebackers!

Yeah they do. I just think Winnipeg is about to go on a tear.

When you see Masoli doing interviews he comes off as very quiet, shy almost. I wonder if that's why he plays so much better on the road. Out of the local media spotlight with only a couple of regular reporters sniffing around.

Delvin Breaux hurt at practice and will be a game time decision on Friday.

It’s a neck thing and given his history, I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep him out as a precaution.

The CFL holds a weekly media conference call for one game where the media can ask questions of players. If you can find the number and codes, anyone can join.

I am presently on the call for the Hamilton/Winnipeg game this Friday. Andrew Harris, Adam Bighill, Brandon Banks and Jamal Westermann are taking questions.

This is interesting. I’m going to try and get on it every week.

The CFL holds a weekly media conference call for one game where the media can ask questions of players. If you can find the number and codes, anyone can join.

I am presently on the call for the Hamilton/Winnipeg game this Friday. Andrew Harris, Adam Bighill, Brandon Banks and Jamal Westermann are taking questions.

This is interesting. I’m going to try and get on it every week.

Can they add Hulu as a regular segment taking questions about spreads and odds!

Hulu the hotstepper.

Hulu Hawaii specials $99. Win with Hulu and take wife to Hawaii.

Hulu Hummer Specials $199. Win with Hulu and buy a Hummer

Hulu the newest sensation star is Jamal Rolle.

This guy looks like a tall aggressive dB.

He is really a solid player!

Harris is really good.

Which ever team he is on usually wins a fair amount of games.

This guy very strong smart and a natural player.

His natural ability is quite something. He moves naturally and has American style quality
Unlike some Canadian cis players who have straight away speed like Lumsden Giguerre Sylvan Girard, and Mercer Timmis.
Only straight speed good for bobsledding but not football. You need the shake and bake like Demski has or the size smarts hands of Sinopli who is also quite fast and a real competitor. His dad trained him very well.

One of my all time favorited was Dave Stalla.

This guy was a natural footballer. He could play receiver and slot and caught everything.

One game in bc the punter got injured and stalla had to punt on an emergency basis. He looked like an all pro punter.

This guy even kicked a few goals.

One of my all time favorited was Dave Stalla.

This guy was a natural footballer. He could play receiver and slot and caught everything.

One game in bc the punter got injured and stalla had to punt on an emergency basis. He looked like an all pro punter.

This guy even kicked a few goals.

Yeah i loved stala too. Guy had great natural hands and a wicked sense of humor.

If Harris stays healthy he's a lock for league MOP this year.

Redblacks update...

Brad Sinopoli was dinged in practice but is probable to play Saturday. Anthony Cioffi is questionable.

The secondary is being shuffled after the release of Luchiez Purifoy. The RBs have been trying a number of combinations there this week.

Redblacks update...

Brad Sinopoli was dinged in practice but is probable to play Saturday. Anthony Cioffi is questionable.

The secondary is being shuffled after the release of Luchiez Purifoy. The RBs have been trying a number of combinations there this week.
Always working...

4:30 am updates...

:cheers3:

So June Jones is starting Mike Jones at WR over Terrance Toliver so he can stuff Alex Green into the backfield. Toliver will likely play at points but only if Green or Chris Williams come off.

I think this is a mistake and another example of Jones’ failure to manage the ratio correctly.

You have a great back in Whyte that would allow you to start your biggest receiver, but instead he sticks to his ‘no one should lose his job to an injury’ line. Time to step into the reality of the CFL June.

Breaux is on the depth chart as the starter tomorrow but as I understand it has yet to clear concussion protocol. He’s still a GTD as far as I know.

So June Jones is starting Mike Jones at WR over Terrance Toliver so he can stuff Alex Green into the backfield. Toliver will likely play at points but only if Green or Chris Williams come off.

I think this is a mistake and another example of Jones’ failure to manage the ratio correctly.

You have a great back in Whyte that would allow you to start your biggest receiver, but instead he sticks to his ‘no one should lose his job to an injury’ line. Time to step into the reality of the CFL June.

I believe Chris Williams should be the one benched.

With Jalen Saunders Brandon Banks and Williams all 3 are similar in size however both Saunders and Banks seem more consistent and healthy.

It just seems that Williams all he can give you is the odd deep ball touchdown which masoli cannot throw or the usual 3 for 53 yards stat line.

Imo Chris Williams works with mike Reilly as he is the best at the long ball. Nichols is decent also. Many cfl qbs cannot throw the wideout deep ball accurately. Lulay overthrows everyone. Masoli can’t throw that pass either. Collaros can’t.
Only Reilly Nicholas and Bo Levi can throw deep accurately.

In football the old dinosaur line of nobody loses their job to an injury is completely outdated and based on authorative rigid thinking.

So if a guy gets hurt and the next guy steps in and is twice as productive and valuable as the injured player? So Tom brady shouldn’t replace Bledsoe?

The only thing constant in football is change. Rosters change. Players come in come out.

June’s thinking is old school and will cost the team at some point. His thinking is not adaptive and agile to manage the current football culture

In football the old dinosaur line of nobody loses their job to an injury is completely outdated and based on authorative rigid thinking.

So if a guy gets hurt and the next guy steps in and is twice as productive and valuable as the injured player? So Tom brady shouldn’t replace Bledsoe?

The only thing constant in football is change. Rosters change. Players come in come out.

June’s thinking is old school and will cost the team at some point. His thinking is not adaptive and agile to manage the current football culture

Exactly. As Bledsoe said at the time ‘it’s a replacement business’.

What I think can be said is that also that June’s thinking will cost the ticats at some point.

His thinking is rigid meaning if his offense isn’t working he won’t adapt. Hence the big scoreless streak the ticats had earlier thus season.

One thing June Jones did was pull a quick one on the Johnny Manziel situation. He said he would he the best ever to likely boost his trade value up to the alouettes.

Funny because Manziel never gets any series at all during regular play and sees his most action in preseason vs Mtl.

The truth is Manziel last effective season was playing vs kids in college. He had future NFL guards protecting him in Jake Matthews Luke Joeckl and a pro bowl wideout in Mike Evans. Not to mention Derrel Walker of Edmonton and many other fast receivers.

Manziels success was akin to Tebows success when he played for Florida with listen to these names.
Aaron Hernandez
Riley cooper
Percy harvin
Joe Haden
Mike pouncey
Maurice pouncey
Louis Murphy
Brandin spikes
Chris Rainey

Basically half the team played in the nfl.

Anyone can dominate when you play with such a strong supporting cast. Look at cgy. Any qb that plays does well with their talent.

Could Manziel be terribly overrated?

If your primary skill is running that works in high school and college where you play against kids. But when you play against men and pros in the nfl the running doesent work.

Look at mike Vick.

Manziel dominated in college and high school but not in pro leagues because he relies on running too much.
Essentially to me he looks like another Watford on Saskatchewan.

I’ve had experience back in the day dealing with ppl that are on meth. Crazy stories they tell.

One guy said it best. He said it’s like plugging yourself into an electric socket.
It is a very evil drug. Screws with your mind.

I seen guys making solid six figures running around homeless after using meth. Completely ruins lives.
As go most drugs.

What I think can be said is that also that June’s thinking will cost the ticats at some point.

His thinking is rigid meaning if his offense isn’t working he won’t adapt. Hence the big scoreless streak the ticats had earlier thus season.

One thing June Jones did was pull a quick one on the Johnny Manziel situation. He said he would he the best ever to likely boost his trade value up to the alouettes.

Funny because Manziel never gets any series at all during regular play and sees his most action in preseason vs Mtl.

The truth is Manziel last effective season was playing vs kids in college. He had future NFL guards protecting him in Jake Matthews Luke Joeckl and a pro bowl wideout in Mike Evans. Not to mention Derrel Walker of Edmonton and many other fast receivers.

Manziels success was akin to Tebows success when he played for Florida with listen to these names.
Aaron Hernandez
Riley cooper
Percy harvin
Joe Haden
Mike pouncey
Maurice pouncey
Louis Murphy
Brandin spikes
Chris Rainey

Basically half the team played in the nfl.

Anyone can dominate when you play with such a strong supporting cast. Look at cgy. Any qb that plays does well with their talent.

Could Manziel be terribly overrated?

If your primary skill is running that works in high school and college where you play against kids. But when you play against men and pros in the nfl the running doesent work.

Look at mike Vick.

Manziel dominated in college and high school but not in pro leagues because he relies on running too much.
Essentially to me he looks like another Watford on Saskatchewan.

SI had a good article that said basically what you just did. J-football has always shown flashes of brilliance but that's all they've ever amounted to.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/03/johnny-manziel-cfl-start-montreal-alouettes

But after Manziel’s Montreal Alouettes fell 50-11 to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night, in his first start in the CFL, one might start to wonder if the flashes are all we ever really had of Johnny Football. What if all of us—the fans, the media, the evaluators—were all suckered into those Brett Favre comparisons, blind to the fact that Manziel was always a football equivalent of an M-80—burning brightly before a dramatic blowup? Stitch Manziel’s flashes together, and there’s a highlight reel worth clicking on to waste a lunch hour on Youtube. Then what?

Hulu we should start our own cfl webcast podcast complete with analysis odds picks cheerleaders and general talk.

It would be a hit. In regards to Si or any other so called experts or pundits I will quote a buddy of mine who said it best.

When ppl would big up and brag about any person or accomplishment he would become annoyed and always say “ITS JUST ANOTHER GUY”

The truth in this statement was life changing. Everything to a certain degree can be accomplished by any man. Obviously certain physical traits are needed for sports but in most other accomplishments it’s just another guy.

I know for a fact not only could we be those guys but we would dominate the entire industry Saban style.

“ ITS JUST ANOTHER GUY”.

Manziel is the product of hype media and excitement. People Love to be ENTERTAINED.
People are very boring. They need to be entertained.

Nfl is legally clsssified as an entertainment league like WWE. MANZIEL If anything has been entertaining on and off the field.

But overall he’s just another guy who dominated college and wasn’t a good fit for pro football.

We will have our own capping command centre weekly conference calls that fans can access. With your stellar record we could attract Americans and lots of advertising possibilities.

It would be a hit because WINNERS CURE ALL.

end of the day the winners that you are picking is higher than anyone out there on this earth.

It could be amalgamated with Capping the game.

Take it to the next level. All we need is internet a nice office. Few TVs on the wall. Acquariums perhaps a hot female employee to attract male viewership.

Huge opportunities. Thoughts?

Back