• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Carolinablue College Football Week 1

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Wow, what a summer it has been as the Caribbean waters have been nice and warm and the frozen drinks have been cold and plentiful, so what more can one ask for. The best time of the year is also right around the corner as there is nothing like Saturdays in the fall to get the adrenaline flowing! My son has Christmas in Alaska on his bucket list and I have the Olympics in Japan on mine, so time for me to kick things into gear as these trips won't pay for themselves!

Have locked in a handful of plays at BOL so far, as this year I am gonna just ride with BOL as I won't have time to do the back and forth with BM or 5D like I used to do. Hope everyone had a great summer and I look forward to some solid discussion throughout the year as at the end of the day, we are all on the same team, so never lose sight of who the real competition is.

Already have our tickets for the UNC game at BofA on Sat 8/31, so will definitely have a play on that one (guess who I will be on LOL). Just waiting for the line to move a bit in my favor as I would like to get 8.5 but won't be too broken up if I have to settle for 7.5 at the end of the day. Also have our tickets for the 8pm game on 9/7 vs Miami as that should be a crazy atmosphere, especially if we are able to pull out a win vs SC in Week 1.

Week 1 Plays
Sat 8/24

293/294 Arizona at Hawaii Over 70 110

Thur 8/29
138 Tulane -2.5 120 vs FIU
226 BGSU -23.5 110 vs Morgan State
228 UCF -45.5 115
vs FAMU

Sat 8/31
182 UNC +11.5 125 v South Carolina​
184 Alabama -33 115 vs Duke in Atlanta​
187 Va Tech -2.5 115 at BC​
196 Michigan -33.5 110 vs MTSU​
201 Georgia -20.5 115 at Vandy​
203 UVA -2.5 115 at Pitt​
260 Air Force -21.5 115 vs Colgate​
272 Marshall -40 115 vs VMI​

Last edited:
is your uva angle the fact that pitt has a new OC that may take a bit to get going and that their o-line is young and inexperienced? I have been leaning pitt heavily there and I think uva is going to be very meh, but I am scared of uvas front 7 eating the young o-line alive

is your uva angle the fact that pitt has a new OC that may take a bit to get going and that their o-line is young and inexperienced? I have been leaning pitt heavily there and I think uva is going to be very meh, but I am scared of uvas front 7 eating the young o-line alive

Thanks for taking the time to post DWoww. Short on time right now but topline is that I am high on UVAs ability to limit mistakes and score more points this year coupled with what should be a pretty solid D both up front and in the secondary, against a Pitt team that I think will struggle early on in terms of finding their way on offense with four starters to replace upfront and i think this equates to settling for FGs rather than getting TDs.

They also don’t have a stud in the backfield this year and their qb hasn’t shown me much in terms of big play capabilities so points will be hard to come by at least early on. I also think they had pretty much everything go their way last year and won’t get all the bounces they got last year as I didn’t find them to be very good last year even though they ended up on top of a weaker than normal coastal.

I would not be surprised to see UVA win the Coastal this year but that won’t happen without getting a couple on the road and to me this is a must win right out of the gate. I see this as a 23-13 type of game so to me there is solid value in laying less than a FG. Guess that wasn’t so topline after all but hope it helps a bit!

CB

Appreciate your thoughts , mr. cb. I’ve leaning your way on both your Saturday plays. Good to have company.

What is your take on that new coach you have. ? Haven’t I heard of him before ?

Tough blow for Pitt...

Just one week into fall camp, the Pittsburgh Panthers received a tough blow as they learned defensive end Rashad Weaver will miss the 2019 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, the team announced Friday.

Weaver, who was injured during practice Thursday, was the team's top returning pass-rusher after leading Pitt in sacks (6.5), tackles for loss (14) and fumble recoveries (3) as a sophomore last year.

"Rashad Weaver embodies what Pitt football is all about," coach Pat Narduzzi said in a statement. "He is an outstanding player, student and leader. Everyone in this program shares his disappointment, but we know he will overcome this adversity and return better than ever."

Hope your boys have a fun year for ya blue. They could surprise some people I think.

What do you think of Duke this season beside the obvious of Jones and LBs being gone? +2650 seems rather crazy to win the division, or am I crazy to think they could do it? Pitt was like +1800 last year.

Hope your boys have a fun year for ya blue. They could surprise some people I think.

What do you think of Duke this season beside the obvious of Jones and LBs being gone? +2650 seems rather crazy to win the division, or am I crazy to think they could do it? Pitt was like +1800 last year.

Honestly couldn't tell ya much about em but the way I look at the Coastal is usually it comes down to how the schedule plays out for each team.

When you look at their schedule, just not sure how they get to at least 5 wins in the division (if you work off the assumption that 5-3 and winning a tie breaker could realistically get you the title) as they have to go to UVA and VT and also play us at Kenan. Couple that with the game at Wake which will probably see them as dogs and home games against Cuse and Miami, the numbers just don't add up, so I don't see much value in the 2650 even though it looks attractive on the surface in the anything can happen Coastal.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but from a schedule perspective if I was going to play a future, I would probably do a division play on both UVA and VT (would basically be a play against Miami) if the numbers made sense, as I think it might come down to that rivalry game when all is said and done.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with your question!

CB

Almost forgot...expectations are definitely tempered a bit for this season as cautiously optimistic might be a good description, but no one is expecting a miracle in year 1 (year 2 however is a different story haha).

Realistically speaking, it is all about seeing an improved product on the field, better in-game decisions, more prepared, more aggressive, less stupid penalties, etc etc as we don't have the talent this year to set the world on fire, but I am excited about what the future holds, and who knows, we might just make things interesting this year. I am the type of fan who gets excited at the start of every football season, but I am also a realist.

Still, it is fun not knowing what we are gonna get when we are down at BofA stadium in a couple weeks, as the anticipation is part of the fun in some ways. If we can pull out a win in week 1, then that Miami game at Kenan is gonna be insane and I really hope that is the case because I really want my son to experience a crazy night game atmosphere like it used to be back when I was in school. A guy can dream...

CB

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with your question!

Thanks for your thoughts. Looking back over it, 4-4 might a realistic ACC record for Duke. They were .500 on ACC road last year (4-2 overall away) and games at VT, UVA, UNC and WF aren't too out of the question to see them winning a couple. While I liked Jones, he and their passing game didn't always perform to expectations for one reason or the other and I could see Duke being competitive this year vs equal-ish teams which appears to be most of their conference schedule (or 6 of 8 games).

The Sam Howell Era Begins...

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- In a press conference on Sunday afternoon, North Carolina head coach Mack Brown named true freshman Sam Howell North Carolina's first-team quarterback.

Brown stated early in preseason camp that he would expect more separation after UNC's second scrimmage. That second scrimmage was on Saturday.

Howell beat out redshirt freshmen Cade Fortin and Jace Ruder for the spot. On Monday, UNC offensive coordinator Phil Longo said that Howell had the "best combination" of arm strength and athletic ability from among the quarterback options.

“We’ve been looking at our quarterback situation very closely," Brown said on Sunday inside the Kenan Football Center. "And we’re concerned about not having enough leadership on offense and one of your true leaders has to be your quarterback. The guys are in a tough spot because all three of them are good enough and all three of them are working hard enough, but Sam Howell will start taking the snaps with the blue team, our first team."

Added Brown, "Cade and Jace will be working more with the white team. We played four quarterbacks last year here. Obviously, we need all three of them. They will alternate some with the blue team obviously as we continue to go through, but the difference right now is that Sam’s just been more consistent than the other two. Jace has had some up and down injuries and Cade’s had a little bit of a sore arm, too, and Sam hasn’t been hurt. So, we’ve got the quarterback situation, at least for now, where we know who’s going to be working with each group.”

Howell arrived in Chapel Hill in January as part of UNC's 2019 recruiting class. The Monroe, N.C. product was ranked the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback and No. 93 overall ranked prospect in the 247Sports Composite.
Brown said that after two weeks of preseason camp the staff had a strong idea who was set to lead the offense.

Zona v Hawaii line now up to 74! Glad I got in at 70 110, as although I think the total still flies over easy, I always prefer getting value whenever possible.

Waiting for a couple of team totals to come out, but as far as spreads and game totals go, the card is locked and loaded with no changes expected. Just cut the cord with Directv a few minutes ago and will be moving to a Roku/Youtube TV set up for the upcoming football season as the bill was just getting out of control with DTV and the ROI just wasn't there as I don't think we watch more than 10-15 channels at most. Will see how it goes!

Waiting for a couple of team totals to come out, but as far as spreads and game totals go, the card is locked and loaded with no changes expected. Just cut the cord with Directv a few minutes ago and will be moving to a Roku/Youtube TV set up for the upcoming football season as the bill was just getting out of control with DTV and the ROI just wasn't there as I don't think we watch more than 10-15 channels at most. Will see how it goes!
I thought about doing the same thing. Only thing keeping me is the NFL Ticket. Having access to watch any game I want on Sunday is huge

I thought about doing the same thing. Only thing keeping me is the NFL Ticket. Having access to watch any game I want on Sunday is huge

Yeah I used to have Sunday Ticket (and the College package when that was a thing but I don't think it exists anymore who knows) but relationship, kids, etc etc...you know the rest LOL

Just saw the AA lines out at BOL and tempted to put some small action on Colgate and Youngstown and maybe the unders in both, but decided to lay off and just watch and see if my instincts were right or not.

At the end of the day, I am a big believer in staying disciplined and not having action just for the sake of having action as my main goal is to generate profit, so no play for me which means they will probably all hit haha.

Man it is so tempting to wanna get some action down on those early games but gotta stay focused on the long term...

Just for the record, if any of you guys ever make it out this way definitely let me know as drinks will be on me, as this is the year I told myself I am finally gonna have a drink with one of you scum bags

Wow, what a summer it has been as the Caribbean waters have been nice and warm and the frozen drinks have been cold and plentiful, so what more can one ask for. The best time of the year is also right around the corner as there is nothing like Saturdays in the fall to get the adrenaline flowing! My son has Christmas in Alaska on his bucket list and I have the Olympics in Japan on mine, so time for me to kick things into gear as these trips won't pay for themselves!

Have locked in a handful of plays at BOL so far, as this year I am gonna just ride with BOL as I won't have time to do the back and forth with BM or 5D like I used to do. Hope everyone had a great summer and I look forward to some solid discussion throughout the year as at the end of the day, we are all on the same team, so never lose sight of who the real competition is.

Already have our tickets for the UNC game at BofA on Sat 8/31, so will definitely have a play on that one (guess who I will be on LOL). Just waiting for the line to move a bit in my favor as I would like to get 8.5 but won't be too broken up if I have to settle for 7.5 at the end of the day. Also have our tickets for the 8pm game on 9/7 vs Miami as that should be a crazy atmosphere, especially if we are able to pull out a win vs SC in Week 1.

Week 1 Plays
Sat 8/24

293/294 Arizona at Hawaii Over 70 110

Thur 8/29
138 Tulane -2.5 120 vs FIU​

Sat 8/31
184 Alabama -33 115 vs Duke in Atlanta​
187 Va Tech -2.5 115 at BC​
196 Michigan -33.5 110 vs MTSU​
201 Georgia -20.5 115 at Vandy​
203 UVA -2.5 115 at Pitt​
Nice Blue! With you on Thurs. pick

Nice Blue! With you on Thurs. pick

Welcome to the forum Tom! Looking forward to a great season. Feel free to chime in with any thoughts you may have as I always welcome good discussion even if you have a different viewpoint than my own. Best of luck this season!

CB

Noting two futures I played at BOL just for recordkeeping purposes...

Politics Futures - U.S. Politics - Democratic Nominee for the 2020 Election - Joe Biden +225
Politics Futures - U.S. Politics - Odds to Win the 2020 Presidential Election - Joe Biden +600

UNC line now up to 9.5 100, wow. Since I will be at the game, it may be hard not to have a play (my discipline tends to go out of the window when I am attending in person) and if it gets into double digits (like 11.5 120 range), I will have to play on my Heels just from a purely value perspective. Here's hoping the line keeps rising...

Make your bet at half time if you want to back the Heels. Backing a true frosh making his first start is a losing proposition in the first half at least, but the second half is another matter.

Make your bet at half time if you want to back the Heels. Backing a true frosh making his first start is a losing proposition in the first half at least, but the second half is another matter.

Nah, as I will be at the game with my son, so no HT bets for me as I will be ALL IN like Cody and The Bucks baby!

Nah, as I will be at the game with my son, so no HT bets for me as I will be ALL IN like Cody and The Bucks baby!

Actually, I am counting on Mack coming up with a gameplan that focuses on the running game to give Howell some time to get acclimated to the speed and pace of the game early on. I am cautiously optimistic as we get closer to Saturday as I am not expecting a miracle, but it isn't like South Carolina has a guaranteed victory at BofA this weekend, as they have a lot of question marks and potential for inconsistency on their side as well (albeit not as many as we do, but not sure they are 10+ better given all the unknowns and variables on both sides).

Best of luck this weekend man!
CB

Thanks. Same to you.

Howell should be a good one.

I also love the Bateman hire as I expect him to not only change the culture but also make some much needed changes in defensive scheme so that we can play more to our strengths.

Really excited about next season on both sides of the ball, but also think we will be much more competitive in games where we are the clear underdog as the culture shift is crucial both in terms of a recommitment to excellence of execution with regard to the fundamentals and also having an aggressive winning mindset when taking the field.

BOL CB, have yourself a great season. And I too like the Bateman hire.

Always great to see you in the thread man. Hope the Terps make some noise this year as I did grow up in Maryland so it would be nice to see them get back to where they were when they were churning out big time QBs like butter. Here's wishing you a profitable season!

Always great to see you in the thread man. Hope the Terps make some noise this year as I did grow up in Maryland so it would be nice to see them get back to where they were when they were churning out big time QBs like butter. Here's wishing you a profitable season!
The program could really use something good to happen after all the injuries and McNair tragedy. Hopefully Locksley is going to be able to recruit some kids and rebuild the program.

Back