• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Canada v Guatemala

Greencastle

The Doc
Canada ML

I've been on Canada for every match so far and like their chances in this quaterfinal matchup. Canada has played very well apart from their second game, and they realize that the chance is there to win this tournament. I saw Guatemala play against TnT in the group stage and wasn't very impressed by either side.

yeah the Canucks have a good chance of winning the whole thing. Mexico have looked like garbage and really the only rivals the Canucks have to worry about are the Americans. Good Luck on this one.

I would not count Mexico out, especially if they make it past the quarters.

Márquez is a stellar player and will greatly bolster their back line as well as having the ability to be a holding force in the defensive midfield. He'll be back from Barça for the semis.

Also Mexico has had the ability to "flip the switch" and win the games they need to win. Whether they can do that this time is yet to be seen.

Finally, they WILL have a lot of fan support during this Gold Cup run.

If Mexico faces Canada, I will be all over Mexico.

Marquez is a stellar player???

Come on man, he's a decent player but is definitely not world class.

Puyol is always bailing his ass out for Barca and Thuram is a better fit for that back line anyways.

By the way, De Rosario will run circles around him if Canada plays Mexico in this tourney. Ya Dig.

Last edited:
Greeney:

You got a bad look at Guatemala, as they played a Trinidad team that was without half of their players (World Cup payouts dispute) and they were flatter than a board. THey are a better team than they've shown thus far.

That said, Canada is better.

Off the subject a little, I don't care what anyone said, Mexico is extremely fortunate to have won the other night. Despite having 95 percent of 60K people supporting them, they were outplayed, outprepared, outcoached, and just plain lucky to have drawn, let alone beat, Panama.

If Panama hadn't gotten two red cards for starters, I'd be plenty worried if I were Bob Bradley. I would MUCH rather play Mexico right now than Panama.

As bad as Costa Rica looked in its first two games, I give it a good chance against Mexico to shock the Tricolor.

Remember, six years to the day on Sunday, the Ticos went into Azteca in a WC qualifier and beat the Mexicans, 2-1. No other CONCACAF team has ever done that, before or since. You can count on Medford leading them into Houston with confidence...

Marquez is a stellar player???

Come on man, he's a decent player but is definitely not world class.

Puyol is always bailing his ass out for Barca and Thuram is a better fit for that back line anyways.

By the way, De Rosario will run circles around him if Canada plays Mexico in this tourney. Ya Dig.

I've seen Márquez play as well or better than Puyol at times. I think he's world class still and will bring some leadership and confidence to a floundering Mexico.

But this thread is about Canada vs. Panama. Since I'm out here in Europe, I don't get to watch the games and since Canada has been out of the spotlight since WC qualifiers, I don't have a good read on them. I just have a hunch that they're gonna fail as they always have.

I agree with Collegekingrex, Guatemala is better than theyve shown, theyre not a bad team, they dont usually give up a lot of goals. I expect a 1-0 match for Canada hopefully.

I suppose I'll tail on this one for a half unit.

No ML available on PInny for me, and the line shifted to Canada pk and -0.5 -119, which means if they are tied at the end of regulation, it's a push. I'd prefer the ML honestly, so I'll wait to see if they will open that up or not. Game's not for a while.

I suppose I'll tail on this one for a half unit.

No ML available on PInny for me, and the line shifted to Canada pk and -0.5 -119, which means if they are tied at the end of regulation, it's a push. I'd prefer the ML honestly, so I'll wait to see if they will open that up or not. Game's not for a while.

wrong

pk and -0.5 = -0.25

example:

100$ on pk and -0.5

game ends with a tie, 50$ on pk = push, 50$ on -0.5=loss

Yeah, I was just being quick with the words there. Of course, it's not a full push, just a 50% loss. I knew that.
Anyway, looking good for the Cannucks now witha 2-0 lead through the 65th minute.

Maybe they are for real.

3-0 lead.

They are playing very very well. Crisp passing and the third goal was a thing of beauty, about 9 short passes led to easy score...

They won't beat the U.S. The back 4 is too shaky for Canada.

And Mexico has looked like crap this tournament. they were outplayed badly by Honduras and I thought Panama took it to them.

Gold Cup is a joke anyways, lol.

I think Canada has a decent chance against the Yanks. Can't believe i'm actually going to cheer for them!

The U.S. has some quality players, plus the home field advantage. And you're rite, Canada's back four is a little questionable.

But the States aren't the type of team to blow you out and they've showed that this tournament. Canada will give it a good fight, and definitely have the quality up front to steal a win.

u not living in toronto anymore man?

I live in Toronto, but it don't mean i'm from Toronto. I was born in Indonesia and grew up in Singapore. I only moved to Toronto in 2002. I'm still listed as a landed immigrant. Next year i apply for Canadian Citizenship

Back