• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread -- Updated

Almost would've looked like he was trying to get fired this year.

Petrino's son and son-in-laws were also on the staff.

Edit, not 2 son-in-laws just one.

Last edited:
Hopefully Dave Warner (MSU OC) is next. Just absurd how bad this offense is. Look at how many points Oregon State scored against OSU lol!

Hard to understand what happened to Petino. He had proved he was a good coach until the scandal at Arkansas--it was a far worse scandal than merely being on his Harley with a young babe--seem to leave him unhinged.

Louisville is just not that good a job so I don't know if they can hire a top candidate. In addition to all the built-in elements that are always there Louisville is still in the middle of a scandal with the entire athletic department involved, Papa John's has their own scandal, no one knows what the NCAA will do, no one knows what the burn rate of University money will be, and know one knows who will be the president and athletic director will be when the smoke clears.

Unless sentiment is the main attraction I don't see a single reason why Brohm would want the job.

Hard to understand what happened to Petino. He had proved he was a good coach until the scandal at Arkansas--it was a far worse scandal than merely being on his Harley with a young babe--seem to leave him unhinged.

Louisville is just not that good a job so I don't know if they can hire a top candidate. In addition to all the built-in elements that are always there Louisville is still in the middle of a scandal with the entire athletic department involved, Papa John's has their own scandal, no one knows what the NCAA will do, no one knows what the burn rate of University money will be, and know one knows who will be the president and athletic director will be when the smoke clears.

Unless sentiment is the main attraction I don't see a single reason why Brohm would want the job.

I agree with you, but I recently heard on a podcast or somewhere that it remains his dream job and he will take it if it is offered. Could be BS I guess, but sometimes the most likely answer is the correct one. Same for Kirby and UGA

One thing was that he was toxic and couldn't get coaches to work for him, so he wound up with his son as QB coach and two sons-in-law coaching on defense.

But no doubt this thing will be interesting...I’ve just got a lot of reasons why this isn’t nearly as simple as Louisville folks seem to think. Not even close

I didn't really like that answer from the press conference video if I was a Purdue fan.

Sometimes they know. Sometimes they're just wishing, but the wish comes true.

Bonamego's first year without an experienced QB, and the guys he recruited to take over sucked!

I know that Brohm has the big win over Ohio State but I think that team underachieved big time especially down the stretch. I can understand why Louisville would want him but I don't think its the home run hire that most believe it is.

Chizik, I believe. Kingsbury should have multiple offers to be an NFL OC. So not sure about going to UNC, but I could be wrong.

For UNC's sake I hope Brown has re-charged his batteries. He got fat and tired and just mailed things in at the end in Austin. And don't even get me started about his little "recruiting" trip to Florida after his last conference game against Baylor.

Chizik, I believe. Kingsbury should have multiple offers to be an NFL OC. So not sure about going to UNC, but I could be wrong.

For UNC's sake I hope Brown has re-charged his batteries. He got fat and tired and just mailed things in at the end in Austin. And don't even get me started about his little "recruiting" trip to Florida after his last conference game against Baylor.

Apparently the checkbooks are open wide so we shall see...

The fan base is already split but like I said in my thread, it didn't matter who we hired as 50% of the fan base would be pissed off no matter what, as situations like this are always a no win situation as the only way to know whether or not the decision is a good one is not on the day it is made, but down the road as the results or lack thereof in terms of wins, recruiting, relationships with NC high school coaches, product on the field, discipline, etc etc will speak for themselves. Larry was obviously not the answer in those areas moving forward, so I am willing to support the new regime until given a reason not to.

Lots of positive buzz here locally which is a good sign as Mack can definitely help with us getting back in the game in terms of in-state recruiting and getting more of the local talent to come to Carolina, so definitely a win in that respect.

The reason Mack is going to UNC is because the football program and entire university are in shambles. The University has been corrupted. It has been a cesspool.

Mack represents the opposite. Im not saying he is great, but he could be steadying force, be the administrator and let the pros coordinate.

I like Mack hire, plus if King can keep ego in check, it could be pretty exciting.

anything good here for CU?

Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason is drawing attention at Colorado, both for his extensive Pac-12 experience (the Phoenix native spent four years as an assistant at Stanford) and his defensive acumen.

Other names connected to CU are Leavitt (Colorado’s DC during its surprise 2016 success), Utah State’s Matt Wells, and former Tennessee head coach Butch Jones.

Wells would be great if you can get him, he will likely be in demand at a few places

My concern here is MacIntyre was in high demand after his success at SJSU. He really didn't do that much for us except when we had an amazing defense under Leavitt. I do wish we would have gotten another amazing DC and kept Mac as it was a good combo.

I'm thinking Leavitt HC, Lake DC, Day OC.... Maybe I should post this in the CTG Christmas List thread.

Back