Bet at 5dimes

Betonline Questions and Resolutions

Andy

I wanted to key some people in on something I'm dealing with on bet online as I'm certain there are many who use them here.

11 days ago I logged in and found someone had placed a $200 wager on a European soccer game that wasn't me. Unfortunately the event had started when I noticed it but I still called them immediately to report it. I changed my password immediately as well. Of course the wager loses so I'm out $200 while they investigate. They initially told me 48 hrs to look into it. Well after 10 days and several calls I was told they would not refund the wager. I asked for a supervisor so I could further state my case which is I had been with them for 6+ years, reloaded several times, only ever bet on american sports (nfl, ncaa, mma...NEVER soccer), and I wager considerably less on even money type bets. I asked how they investigated and they said they checked IP addresses for all recent activity and they claim this wager fit my history. So I asked for the IP address so I could look into it myself. An IP search online revealed a Lombard, IL access point. I live in a suburb outside Kansas city, some 8-9 hr drive from Lombard (near Chi). I haven't been anywhere near chicago in over a yr and a half, and that was a weekend trip. No chance they can claim it was me.

I am going to continue to fight this, in the mean time I'm taking my money off of there and will be putting in a claim with sports book review as well. Wanted to give people a heads up here, #1 make sure you have a good password because thier site is one of the few that allow an email address login rather than an acct number so it makes hacks easier, esp if u use that email and password combo elsewhere. #2 be prepared for BOL to choose to profit off your misfortune rather than do what's right by you, no matter what your history is with them.

I will update if anything further develops.

nbafan88

takes a very odd individual to do something like that..... why would someone bet on another person's account, makes no sense.

Andy

takes a very odd individual to do something like that..... why would someone bet on another person's account, makes no sense.
i wondered that too. my guess is they got frustrated that they weren't going to be able to easily withdraw the money so they gave me a middle finger of sorts. couldn't manage to make a winning bet of course.

YoungGun11

Collaborating w/ Tip
Honestly, don't understand how this would happen as I am not sure how they would plan on getting the money.

Also if someone was doing this out of spite, I would have likely wagered your entire account on the Twins to win the World Series, not some random $200 soccer bet. You should probably start your investigation with KJ tho

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
And again, if you want us to contact for you and get a 2nd opinion we will happily do that. Just PM us all the pertinent details.

Andy

*Update*

My issue was resolved, the money credited back to my account. I want to thank the Mods here who stepped in and helped me out in this very odd and difficult situation. We are lucky to have good people running things here. I'm going to keep my acct with BOL, but going forward I am going to be changing my password periodically. Its the only way to protect myself there. These books all need to go to device recognition (5dimes has it) to protect their customers IMO, just too many wierdos out there trying to mess with people's money.

YoungGun11

Collaborating w/ Tip
I'm having issues with Betonline cash out. I reloaded before March Madness and I of course got the free play. I usually piss away my free play immediately betting it all in one game. So I did that and it lost. Fine by me, makes it easier to cash out without worrying about the roll over......right? Well wrong according to them.

I tried to cash out yesterday, and they are saying I haven't concluded the roll over process. I am not sure how this is even possible, considering I wager $1,000 a day how I couldn't be past my roll over point and on top of it, none of the money I am cashing out is from a free play. Can someone put me in touch with someone there to get this resolved. PM an email, or a contact info please.

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
When you talked to their CS, what was said exactly?

I'll try and have someone stop by and look. You might want to PM all details and name/account number to 'administrator'.

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Withdrew entire account balance after UNC play hit on Monday night (submitted request at 12:43am Monday night) and had a Fedex on my front porch Thursday afternoon, so not even 72 hours turnaround time even though they told me it could take up to a couple weeks. Definitely a pleasant surprise to say the least!

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Withdrew entire account balance after UNC play hit on Monday night (submitted request at 12:43am Monday night) and had a Fedex on my front porch Thursday afternoon, so not even 72 hours turnaround time even though they told me it could take up to a couple weeks. Definitely a pleasant surprise to say the least!
Great to hear CB :cheers3:

big_units

i suggest using BOL's money order cash out option now available. you can withdrawal up to 9k per transaction, unlike the dinky $3k max checks most books offer that you have to keep paying fees on. also, the money orders come in 500-1000 increments so you can spread them out over different banks, or if you want to, can take them to a check cashing place so they don't even hit your bank. they aren't sent by an international bank that will draw suspicion either; they are moneygram/western useless/u.s. postal money orders so you can just write in the name of a friend. this is easily the best payout option i've seen a book offer over the years.