• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Belmont

While it may appear to be a 2 horse race on paper, I think there are a couple of longshot possibilities. I'll be watching this ealy card to see if yesterday's rail, speed bias holds up today. With Tacitus and WOW both stating from the outside gates it might be an equalizer for a few of these other horses, including the 2 Pletchers. I think Intrepid Heart with the addition of blinkers will be on the front end and he is bred to get this distance being a half brother to Commissioner, who just got run down by Tonalist in this race, and out of Tapit who has sired 3 Belmont winners. Spinoff should also be right up near the pace here as well, needs to take a step forward but that's certainly possible. I can see Tax running a nice stalking trip and being involved at the wire. Joevia is a bomb who if they let set a soft early lead on the rail maybe able to stick around for a piece.

I agree with Lloyd, both Pletcher horses have a scenario where they can win, as does Tax. Tax showed strong far turn moves in his last two preps before getting lost in the crowd at the Derby. Spinoff was showing steady improvement each race until running on the slop at the Derby, I'm willing to throw that one out. Intrepid Heart is the lightest raced and has been moving forward every race. I'll be using those three along with Tacitus. Going against War of Will, think he ran his best race last out and jockey is not familiar with the unique nature of the track.

Seems like every year these Belmont festival days all run the same way: Top 2 choice after top 2 choice gets home except for one bomber race that you have to sniff out. I guess a 7 furlong sprint on a super fast track would make sense for all hell to break loose, but I didn't see it. Top 3 finishers were bottom three in terms of Quirin speed points, and the winner was the only Sustainer rated horse in the field, generally a plus at the taxing 7 furlong distance. Thought last effort was the time to bet Hog Creek Hustle, guess he moved forward again today.

I have Spinoff and Intrepid Heart at the top of all of my tickets. Belmont I am usually looking to win bigger. Leaving Tacitus and WOW off the top 2 spots.

Seems like every year these Belmont festival days all run the same way: Top 2 choice after top 2 choice gets home except for one bomber race that you have to sniff out. I guess a 7 furlong sprint on a super fast track would make sense for all hell to break loose, but I didn't see it. Top 3 finishers were bottom three in terms of Quirin speed points, and the winner was the only Sustainer rated horse in the field, generally a plus at the taxing 7 furlong distance. Thought last effort was the time to bet Hog Creek Hustle, guess he moved forward again today.

I had a feeling all hell was going to break loose in that one just didn't pick the right bomb

Like #3 Robert Bruce in Race 10, he's caught soft ground in his last 3 and think he'll appreciate the firmer ground. The other, other Brown horse #7 also some good value at the current 10-1

Chad Brown trifecta, no surprise. Bricks and Mortar is the most consistently excellent horse in the US today.

The powerful finish by Bricks and Mortar was incredible, that horse is just extremely dominant.

Back