• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

BAW Nation Futures/Majors - 2018 Golf

Man those odds are a little weak. I think he wins one eventually but he didn't even play in all last year.

Obviously I can get better for Masters and hope he has a shitty year except for the Majors to get more value. The problem is, if he comes out firing early on all the value will start slipping away. This gives me 4 chances on one investment instead of separate investments over the Majors.

With that being said, I fully expect to win 3 of the 4 majors again with having the 4th in last pairing on Sunday to almost complete the BAW Nation Slam.

I still have this at one book with that number. I was shocked. I have my reasons but also I think it is excellent value as well.

Dimes was the last one I looked at and it is 14-1.

I am playing now as I believe this is the best the number will be from here on out.

Only thing I could say is that Rahm has yet to play really well in a major. Though I think that changes very soon. He seems to be built for Augusta for sure

tournament or major? I don't get the love people have for him, I can't see it.

The kid with the curls from Hollywood will dominate this year

Major.

I love Rory, my 2nd favorite golfer but we best see shootout conditions at each Major for him to have an ideal chance.

Masters isn't for Rory, but the other 3 are. Finally fit. Extra motivation to one up Wozniacki

I disagree on Shinnecock.

Rory needs an open like last years or the one he won with low scores.

The Open, yes. Obviously we won't know conditions for some time. He played there as an amatuer and had that amazing week.

The PGA, I do not know that course at all to be honest. Again, set-up is key for him.

yeh, we've discussed that all his wins are double digits under par. But I don't think the courses are being set up like they used to. My gut feel is they are set up for TV audiences, who want to see low scores and birdies. It pisses off guys like us, but we are going to tune in anyway

Jon Rahm to win the Masters +2000

I still like this.

He kind of took a lot of time of and is an afterthought here with all the names and whatnot this weekend after his solid start to the year.

It was down to 15-1 for most of February so I felt good about getting in but it is creeping back up now. He'll be there though.

Tony still cannot putt.... so that will be chalked up as hoping he has some magical week this summer....

I'll be adding another one for sure, to be announced for the Masters and maybe some props. No individual match-ups though, I suck at those in the Majors.

Weighted smaller than Rahm.

I'll have one more pick in about 14 hours and roll with that then bet during the tourney.

This is so wide-open this year.

I am going to stick with those two futures for now and add something after a day or two most likely. I need some value on a few other targets.

I did play a small, fun play --

Hole in 1 on 16 on Sunday +185

Not looking like that magical year but it is early. Maybe Pieters gets hot tomorrow.

I wasn't too confident going in as it is so wide-open but all in good fun.

We'll see what the numbers are here in a bit....

Who knows with this weather but I wanted a number on Rose and got it. Hopefully things bunch up whenever this 3rd round gets played.

Well, we didn't have the magical start to the majors like last year but screw it, maybe I can win the last 3 instead of the first 3 ;).

I'll prolly have 1-3 other futures then go from there live during the tourney or before rounds start. We. Shall. See.

Small ones to start...

Jimmy Walker +10000
Adam Scott +7000

Fwiw....

This may be Rickies week... I'll wait though instead of playing before the tourney... 16.85 isn't enough for me...wait a round and assess...

Well,

I go into Sunday with one horse tied for the lead and another two shots back.

Anything can happen.

I have never been able to get the price I wanted on Rose. I do think he is one of the 2 favorites tomorrow though.

DJ and Koepka should feed off each other really well.

Rose and Stenson are always comfortable playing together.

I fear this fortunate final pairing will get lost in the shuffle tomorrow though. It happens, especially when you have 4 world-class players and the Masters champ lurking from behind.

Speaking of the Masters champ...don't count him out. A 65 or so could put him in a potential playoff.

I'll live bet a bit as it goes. I'll really pay attention in the early part of the day to how things are going.

The Open Championship. I love it...my kinda people...

Good game plan tonight as I'll catch till about 4 am, sleep for 5 hours and then get the afternoon wave...

I have 3-4 other names I like this week... but I will bet them later in tourney once the price reaches something reasonable. To start though....

Rickie +1550
Grace +3300
Leishman +4000
Zach +7500
Louis +8000
Adam Scott +12500

Those are weighted somewhat. I do think this might finally be 'Rickies Time'. We shall see. I feel like he can move his way around this course and should be right there on the weekend.

More on the others later.

Top Senior Langer -175

Matchups:

Oliver Wilson -178 vs Locke
Russell Knox -101 vs Bubba

Great analysis, as always here on the Wilson play (straight tail)

I knew I was fading Bubba the second the cut was made at US Open. I get a very good match up as well.

I do like Barnrat and Deki for respective nationalities categories at -125 each...may add...

Otherwise...I'll add as week goes on...

Just gonna enjoy one of my favorite tournies of the year...win/lose or draw.

Good luck all.

Nice!

10:30 pm-1pm golf the next couple days, just in time to actually do something in the afternoon

I am not playing a lot this week but will adjust as week goes...decided to dig in a bit and go with these...

My 'big' targets to get numbers on between rounds are Brooks, Rory and DJ....

But,

Still have the season long Finau bet pending +2000

Rickie +2000
Bubba +4500
Bryson +6000
Ryan Fox +20000

Why not on Fox, I have read enough on him now. That one is ultra small, fwiw.

No match ups or specials for me.

Back