• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Baseball is officially back -- Let's start capping

Snakes can’t put those hits together in same inning. Still good for under, still bad for snakes bet. Lol

Lynn is a freakin horse! He has never had the best stuff, and it kinda amazing how well he gets by pretty much throwing nothing but a variety of fastballs! 108 pitches to log a quality start 1st game of the year! Don’t think I’ve seen any other pitcher get to that many pitches yet!

Did Strasberg catch the Rona? I just saw line, obviously I knew something was up and he not starting.

Did Strasberg catch the Rona? I just saw line, obviously I knew something was up and he not starting.
Stephen Strasburg on the nerve issue that will keep him out of tonight's start: “I wouldn’t say I’m extremely concerned by it. I don’t think it will keep me out too long."

Stephen Strasburg on the nerve issue that will keep him out of tonight's start: “I wouldn’t say I’m extremely concerned by it. I don’t think it will keep me out too long."

Bummer. Nats falling apart at the seems. I’m gonna have to get over this soft spot I had for them after cashing a big WS future on them at ASB last year! LOL

Snakes Ff +105 and Ff u4

Should be strikeouts galore with these 2 starters! No interest trying to go up against the pads pen tho, they took that game over last night when the starters left and not sure it ever be much different? Although zona did plate their only 2 runs off pads pen I still think that gonna be a strength of that team. Snakes had several good chances in the early going and just couldn’t break thru w the timely hit against paddock. Been hearing Ray looking very smooth this camp with a tweaked delivery so I’ll back him w the plus money.

Oh yea, joined jimbo w the reds/tribe parlay, I’m greedy so I laid the -1.5 with cincy (don’t trust tribe offense enough to do so with them).

The stuff I was saying I heard and some hypothesized myself about musgrove might just be something to it. He looks better than I ever saw him look pitching against cards. I think he still throwing the sinker the last regime preached a little to much, that was the pitch Fowler hit out, a 92mph sinker right in his wheelhouse. Little concerning how effective he been with his off speed (other than the hanger to O’Neal), cards were one of the worst off speed hitting teams last year and we really don’t want that nightmare to continue

i am a bit worried that he wasn't throwing very hard. Remember him being in the 95 range and i didn't see anything above 93

Arm angle looks different too

Lynn is a freakin horse! He has never had the best stuff, and it kinda amazing how well he gets by pretty much throwing nothing but a variety of fastballs! 108 pitches to log a quality start 1st game of the year! Don’t think I’ve seen any other pitcher get to that many pitches yet!

Disagree, he has solid stuff. Fastballs ain't pretty when they're not 98+ but the rise he has on his is elite

Disagree, he has solid stuff. Fastballs ain't pretty when they're not 98+ but the rise he has on his is elite

Not sure what you disagreeing with? I didn’t say his stuff didn’t play, I just said it wasn’t the best. There a whole bunch of pitchers with filthier arsenals and he primarily throws all one variety or another of heat.

i am a bit worried that he wasn't throwing very hard. Remember him being in the 95 range and i didn't see anything above 93

Arm angle looks different too

Yea he did increase his velo a few ticks last sept and was mostly back down in low 90s from what I recall other day. I dunno if that something to worry about or chalk up to short camp? I didn’t watch closely enough to say on the arm angle but that maybe something to look into and find out if there a reason for it or a mechanical flaw?

Yea he did increase his velo a few ticks last sept and was mostly back down in low 90s from what I recall other day. I dunno if that something to worry about or chalk up to short camp? I didn’t watch closely enough to say on the arm angle but that maybe something to look into and find out if there a reason for it or a mechanical flaw?

i would think they start with the velocity and it falls as the season goes along with all the stress on the arm

Not sure what you disagreeing with? I didn’t say his stuff didn’t play, I just said it wasn’t the best. There a whole bunch of pitchers with filthier arsenals and he primarily throws all one variety or another of heat.

good stuff seems to be reserved for guys with breaking balls, but the rising fastball seems to be the most important pitch in the game right now

good stuff seems to be reserved for guys with breaking balls, but the rising fastball seems to be the most important pitch in the game right now

He obviously has decent variety of heaters with movement, nobody throwing as many 88-94 mph types of fastballs and having the success he has had in his career without above average movement and location. It’s impressive he able to navigate his way thru lineups and get deep into most games without much in way of off speed offerings. takes him a bunch of pitches but he a horse and capable of throwing 120ish pitches every 5th day without fail.

Pirates/cards over 9

Hudson been struggling with command his off speed and he has notoriously bad control for a ground ball pitcher. Sometimes those DPs sometimes they find holes and lead to runs thanks to the walks. Word is he settled down in his last camp session as it went but I still worry bout him. Then we got the short pen problem a few more days still. Think buccos will be good for 4 or so runs today if not few more. Trust cards offense to get the Pirates young starter out early and get after their pen we been teeing off on this series.

No idea if this applies to JV but i‘m guessing more pitchers will be injured this year if they didn‘t use their extended time off properly to ease their way get back into competition mode

4 Marlins test positive. 2 Reds woke up feeling sick today after their teammate recently tested positive. I don't know if this season will make it to the end. I'm thinking revolving door of players coming and going if anything.

Miami arriving for home opener morning of the game

Miami arriving for home opener morning of the game

Damn. They sizable favs vs Os too.

4 Marlins test positive. 2 Reds woke up feeling sick today after their teammate recently tested positive. I don't know if this season will make it to the end. I'm thinking revolving door of players coming and going if anything.

That blows, Marlins off to nice start also. They def don’t look like the pushovers they been the past few seasons.

Back