• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Baseball is officially back -- Let's start capping

I have zero idea on the NLC but Cubs biggest weakness is also helped with the short season, so who knows. I’d expect it to be a close race and truly, the NLC lucked out with this scheduling that I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had at least 1 if not both the WC teams - despite the NLE maybe having better teams.

Very dependent on if kimbrel blows or not

Another angle to think about. The NL has the DH now. Which teams does this help/hurt the most? Feel free to kick around who will be the potential DHs for each team.

1. WSH: Kendrick is gonna hit .350 without having to take days off because he can't play the field everyday
  2. NYM: Cespedes year off will certainly have some batting rust, but anything to keep him healthy
  3. LAD: hard to point to one person exactly, but they so heavily platoon the lineup that surely they're one of the most benefited
  4. StL: can finally get Carp off the field, lots of K's but can't deny his power threat
  5. CIN: big race for this position, a lot of me thinks Aquino's bat gets used here when there wasn't much room for him in the OF despite a poor Arizona Fall League performance
  6. CHC: Schwarber has gotten better defensively but still wouldn't know a good route to the ball if it hit him in the face
  7. COL: Murphy is old, but he can remain much healthier and not play the field (major plus) while also some talk about Hampson getting in there injecting some speed
  8. PIT: could get Bell and his bad defense off the field more, but not sure Moran is that much better defensively and will likely not be in there for LHP
  9. MIL: more Braun appearances, but he's aging and the roids aren't allowed
  10. ATL: Riley not being a huge hole in the outfield is helpful
  11. SD: Franchy or a way to balance their roster when they usually have one more starting quality (for them) player than they are allowed to start
  12. ARI: likely a rotation, which will help but not a ton jumps out
  13. PHI: maybe Hoskins but think he's stuck at 1B so not a lot of benefit here besides rest
  14. SF: Posey out from behind the dish, but who cares about a .260 hitter well past his prime
  15. MIA: do we care

I don’t necessarily disagree. But you were questioning why anyone may be high on them, so I gave an answer.

And let’s go with arguably the best manager. Who else you got in the convo that you dismissed it immediately?

I’d go with Tito, Hurdle, Yost as being in the convo. Maybe Melvin or Hinch as well?

lol you're killing me, Clint mf-ing Hurdle and Ned Yost who's not even active

Who ya got?

Btw, I googled a couple of lists just to see what others thoughts were and that’s who was on the lists.

not those guys

Cash
Melvin & Francona who were mentioned but can't give partial credit when the other bottom tier dunces are listed
LoVullo

not those guys

Cash
Melvin & Francona who were mentioned but can't give partial credit when the other bottom tier dunces are listed
LoVullo

No Maddon? Your list is Cash, Melvin, Tito and LoVullo? I’ll take Tito, Hurdle and Maddon. You can have LoVullo, Cash, and Melvin.

i haven't paid much attention to all this mlb tussle nonsense...is it true that actual spring training games are supposed to happen tomorrow? just trying to get some info as to the soonest a game may be televised.

i haven't paid much attention to all this mlb tussle nonsense...is it true that actual spring training games are supposed to happen tomorrow? just trying to get some info as to the soonest a game may be televised.

Teams are only allowed to play 3 games vs other teams and that will be towards the end of camp. There will be plenty of intrasquad games. Not sure when those start. But tomorrow is the first day they can workout.

No Maddon? Your list is Cash, Melvin, Tito and LoVullo? I’ll take Tito, Hurdle and Maddon. You can have LoVullo, Cash, and Melvin.

nah, he was brilliant with shifts and now everybody does it making him average. His lineups are atrocious and reduce xRPG plus he lost his ability to manage a bullpen and that's why he's not the Cubs manager any longer

Teams are only allowed to play 3 games vs other teams and that will be towards the end of camp. There will be plenty of intrasquad games. Not sure when those start. But tomorrow is the first day they can workout.

thanks...i figured nothing was happening now since i saw no ads for broadcasts.

Freddie Freeman tested positive and is fighting a fever. Imagine he's going to be out awhile.

There is talk that Trout may opt out. His wife is pregnant and he sounded very apprehensive when being interviewed yesterday. If he does indeed opt out I could see a bunch of stars doing the same and that would put an end to the season before it starts.

There is talk that Trout may opt out. His wife is pregnant and he sounded very apprehensive when being interviewed yesterday. If he does indeed opt out I could see a bunch of stars doing the same and that would put an end to the season before it starts.

they will have to get a lot of people to opt out and making no money this year is significant to a lot of players i'd imagine

Yeah, I think the Rays, WSox and Reds will have the most value for most of season.
I was hard on the Rays until I saw them with the same odds as the Nationals to win the WS this season. Something tells me the Rays will not be cheap this year.

I was hard on the Rays until I saw them with the same odds as the Nationals to win the WS this season. Something tells me the Rays will not be cheap this year.

True. They probably won't..but they'll be dogged in almost every game against NYY.

my first thought was why do the Nats matter since they're coming off a title run, but i guess missing the first few months of potential doldrums to rest their rotation is important

Back