• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Baseball is officially back -- Let's start capping

Lots of interesting things here...

MLB can relocate teams if need be.

Runner on 2nd automatically to start the 10th inning.

Divisional games plus 20 IL games versus regional does.

Looking for the Deepest starting rotation, a pitchers park, and a strong bullpen. Who u guys like ?

I had such a great futures and RSA portfolio I was ready to hammer back in March....don’t know if I feel like doing the work again + new rules like no DH.
Lotta work with the schedules.

I'm mad, I loved my Astros RSW under.

I'm hearing different things - did they end up going with Universal DH and expanded playoffs or not?

Another angle to think about. The NL has the DH now. Which teams does this help/hurt the most? Feel free to kick around who will be the potential DHs for each team.

Think it helps the cubs some as they have some good OF depth. Shwarbs slides into DH most days and then you pick 3 of Heyward, Happ, Souza, and Almora. They could also choose to DH either of their catchers when not catching and just carry a third with the extra roster spots. Caritini's value just went up.

I doubt the Brewers will use him there but Keston Hiura was born to DH. They will probably use the spot to give guys days off but Ryan Braun will probably be used there most days.

Think it helps the cubs some as they have some good OF depth. Shwarbs slides into DH most days and then you pick 3 of Heyward, Happ, Souza, and Almora. They could also choose to DH either of their catchers when not catching and just carry a third with the extra roster spots. Caritini's value just went up.

Schwarber is another guy that should never see the field defensively.

Agreed on Schwarber. Cespedes for the Mets if healthy. Maybe Ozuna or Riley for the Braves. I love Keston Hiura. He's a multiple batting title champ waiting to happen.

Schwarber has some misplays in high profile games that led to that reputation. He's passable and has a very good arm. That said, you would prefer any of our other options that I named above.

So am I to assume the Angels got bet down (sharply) on the notion they lack depth but have real high-end players coupled with the shortened season that will magnify their impact?

I wouldnt have Joe as the best manager, especially if you're talking strategy. I love the guy for what he brought to the Cubs and you could do a lot worse, but he almost single handedly cost us the world series in 16 and his pen management last year was not good at all.

any odds out there on teams to make the playoffs?

any sleepers who we think could get hot for 60 games with good value?

anyone out there who has a couple of young arms that no one really has much on, that have potential to get hot for 4-5 starts. ( Reds?)

I wouldnt have Joe as the best manager, especially if you're talking strategy. I love the guy for what he brought to the Cubs and you could do a lot worse, but he almost single handedly cost us the world series in 16 and his pen management last year was not good at all.

Arguably the best manager. Fair enough?

His track record is what it is, he’s been one of the best managers in baseball for a long time.

Disagree with the best manager and who knows what to expect out of Otani. Even if he is great the roster is a mess outside of the top guys.

I don’t necessarily disagree. But you were questioning why anyone may be high on them, so I gave an answer.

And let’s go with arguably the best manager. Who else you got in the convo that you dismissed it immediately?

I’d go with Tito, Hurdle, Yost as being in the convo. Maybe Melvin or Hinch as well?

Also, I’d guess there is some good value on Angels or Rangers in the West with the 60 game season. Angels biggest weakness of the rotation is certainly helped by the short season. And this is coming from someone who hasn’t been big on them the last couple years - and also is all too familiar with Maddon. But the thing is - Maddon will be a good fit for this team for the coming years. It was just time for him to go with the Cubs. Easily the best manager in Cubs history, but also time to go - both can be and are true. Rangers also made some very nice moves this offseason and don’t think the market will adjust enough for them or the Angels in this short season.

I have zero idea on the NLC but Cubs biggest weakness is also helped with the short season, so who knows. I’d expect it to be a close race and truly, the NLC lucked out with this scheduling that I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had at least 1 if not both the WC teams - despite the NLE maybe having better teams.

I don’t necessarily disagree. But you were questioning why anyone may be high on them, so I gave an answer.

And let’s go with arguably the best manager. Who else you got in the convo that you dismissed it immediately?

I’d go with Tito, Hurdle, Yost as being in the convo. Maybe Melvin or Hinch as well?

Yost is proof that an idiot can win a championship in baseball with a good roster. I wouldn’t exactly consider Hurdle to be good either. Tito, Melvin, and Hinch are all solid choices but any list of great managers should include Counsell who squeezes every bit out of the Brewers roster every season.

Also, I’d guess there is some good value on Angels or Rangers in the West with the 60 game season. Angels biggest weakness of the rotation is certainly helped by the short season. And this is coming from someone who hasn’t been big on them the last couple years - and also is all too familiar with Maddon. But the thing is - Maddon will be a good fit for this team for the coming years. It was just time for him to go with the Cubs. Easily the best manager in Cubs history, but also time to go - both can be and are true. Rangers also made some very nice moves this offseason and don’t think the market will adjust enough for them or the Angels in this short season.

I would take Oakland over either Anaheim or Texas. Anaheim is too reliant on a few guys and Texas has just doesn’t impress me. I think Daniels has really done a poor job the last few years after being a top GM for years.

Yost is proof that an idiot can win a championship in baseball with a good roster. I wouldn’t exactly consider Hurdle to be good either. Tito, Melvin, and Hinch are all solid choices but any list of great managers should include Counsell who squeezes every bit out of the Brewers roster every season.

Counsell is a good one too, but he’s been doing it for what 4-5 years?

Hard to see how Maddon isn’t, at the very least, on anyone’s top 3-4.

Didn’t Yost manage those same Brewers who need the talent squeezed out before Counsell? Successfully at that?

His batting stance alone means he’s outta here!!!!

Counsell is a good one too, but he’s been doing it for what 4-5 years?

Hard to see how Maddon isn’t, at the very least, on anyone’s top 3-4.

Didn’t Yost manage those same Brewers who need the talent squeezed out before Counsell? Successfully at that?

Yost was strategically inept and had to be dumped in September 2008 when the team was choking away a playoff spot. He is proof that you can win a World Series despite a terrible manager.

Yost is the all time worst

Back