• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Astros and Red Sox cheating thread...

It seems rushed

I see some people speculating that the Dodgers may be involved and that’s why no one in the organization has really commented on this

I’m starting to think this is steroids all over again , and sign stealing is a widespread problem

Sign stealing isn’t against the rules though. I realize using technology is a little bit different, but if everyone is doing it, it’s just one of those things to me. Some did it better than others, and now they’ve written rules to no longer allow it. Let’s all move on, it is what it is. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying...and as I’ve said before, this applies to baseball more than any other sport.

The family has come out and said she’s not related at all. The word is that it’s either a current or former player controlling the account.

Shes broken multiple stories and I saw a screenshot on twitter that the recovery email for it was

L**l*r**@gmail.com

His daughters first name starts with an L

Take out the stars and it can be LBeltran

It's either a family member, or it's a player trying to make it look like it's his daughter/niece which is creepy

Why would they put a buzzer where it would be easily seen, especially given the technology today with slow mo, screenshots, etc? If they were using some type of buzzer system, why not put it on the back of the players? Why not use wristbands, which already have the technology to be used as a buzzer?

They were hitting a trash can, not dealing with some great thinkers

Theres a version of the video reno posted showing Altuves interview after and kenny bowtie asks him why are you worried about the jersey and he says his wife got mad last time they took his jersey off.....

Hes a liar, when they prove this buzzer thing I hope we start seeing some lifetime bans

They were hitting a trash can, not dealing with some great thinkers

Lol, what? That was genius. They relayed info from back in the clubhouse to field level in a matter of seconds.

Not to mention, and this is more important, MLB’s investigation found that the sign stealing stopped during the 2018 season. We’re talking about the 2019 postseason. Why would MLB want to protect anyone at this point? They also found no evidence they were using electronic devices of any kind when they were cheating during 2017-18. MLB also had an individual IN the replay room during the 2019 season to ensure no violations occurred. Is the claim that somehow the MLB official was in on it? Because it makes no sense otherwise.

Last edited:
Shes broken multiple stories and I saw a screenshot on twitter that the recovery email for it was

L**l*r**@gmail.com

His daughters first name starts with an L

Take out the stars and it can be LBeltran

It's either a family member, or it's a player trying to make it look like it's his daughter/niece which is creepy

So because it’s creepy it’s probably not true? Beltran and his family have said it’s not a niece. You also realize that anyone can set up a gmail account in anyone’s name right? Why would his daughter’s initials have anything to do with it though? The person is claiming to be his niece, you’ve lost me there.

So because it’s creepy it’s probably not true? Beltran and his family have said it’s not a niece. You also realize that anyone can set up a gmail account in anyone’s name right? Why would his daughter’s initials have anything to do with it though? The person is claiming to be his niece, you’ve lost me there.

Why are you strawmanning teed?

His primary reasoning isn‘t because the alternative would be creepy, it‘s her breaking multiple stories and the recovery e-mail.

Willing to guess teed knows how gmail works.

Certainly what you‘re saying is possible. But what supports teed‘s idea is that recovery emails are private info (correct me if this is wrong). Fakes want to display their fake name so a private email seems more genuine.

His primary reasoning isn‘t because the alternative would be creepy, it‘s her breaking multiple stories and the recovery e-mail.

Certainly what you‘re saying is possible. But what supports teed‘s idea is that recovery emails are private info (correct me if this is wrong). Fakes want to display their fake name so a private email seems more genuine.

Lol. Teed and I go way back on here, have had many a discussion where we don’t agree and the ball busting is aplenty, and he certainly doesn’t need you to play his attorney. It is cute though.

I’m confused about your recovery email point though. I’m not following what it is you’re getting at.

And can someone explain how they were relaying signs from the reply room, in 2019, when there was an MLB official in there with any Astros employee? The wearable device, or buzzer, is being claimed to have taken place during the 2019 post season. If someone has a reasonable explanation as to how it would have been possible, I’d like to hear it.

Here's the latest on the twitter account of "Beltran's niece"...turns out the account may belong to, none other than, Incarcerated Bob.

A Twitter account that, since at least October, had presented itself as Carlos Beltran’s niece, was at the center of Thursday’s rumors.

This Twitter account supposedly said on October 29 that Beltran was the Mets’ new manager. The news was finally leaked to reporters three days later on November 1. The account also tweeted on Wednesday that Beltran would be stepping down as Mets manager. That news did not come out until Thursday.

By that point, the Twitter account posing as “Carlos Beltran’s niece” had gained some credibility for accurately predicting Beltran’s hiring and firing before anyone else by at least a day.

Maybe they had inside information or maybe they just happened to get lucky twice. After all, it wasn’t hard to predict Beltran would end up stepping down.

But this Twitter account isn’t really Carlos Beltran’s niece, and the thought that it was never really made sense.

The account had been around since at least 2017. Before it flipped to posing as Beltran’s niece, it sent nasty tweets, such as this one:

See Popeyes Man's other Tweets

In March, some people on Twitter figured out the account was one of many burner accounts belonging to Incarcerated Bob, a total phony and infamous rumor monger, and called him out accordingly.

ً @NYYDJ2

https://twitter.com/NYYDJ2/status/1217985016182996999

Be careful what you read... that @S0_Blessed1 account isn’t Beltran’s niece or a player. It’s Incarcerated Bob’s burner account. Over the past year, he has used this account among others to argue with people who criticized him on Twitter. The buzzers may be real, but not the page

View image on Twitter View image on Twitter View image on Twitter View image on Twitter

Incarcerated Bob is a phony name for a person who is involved in running a sports gambling operation online. Bob, who is also a caller to “The Michael Kay Show,” has several different Twitter accounts and uses them for various purposes. Sometimes he uses some of his “burners” to defend his main account in an effort to make the “Incarcerated Bob” character seem more credible. Sometimes he gives out one gambling pick from one Twitter account, but the opposing team as the pick from another Twitter account. He’s a total phony and fraud, and it benefits him to spread fake news and rumors online because idiots share/retweet the information, and Bob picks up followers. Bob then can turn those idiots into customers.

The worst part is when real media outlets pick up on his phony rumors and spread them, which happens a lot because sites are hungry for pageviews, and they often don’t care about the credibility of a source behind the rumor.

Don’t believe me about how flimsy Bob’s info is? SB Nation once played a trick on him and he took their bait. David Purdum, a legitimate gambling reporter who writes for ESPN, once did a takedown piece on Bob that you should read.

So that’s who is behind the rumor saying Altuve and Alex Bregman wore buzzers by their right shoulder.

I‘m trying to figure out what I would feel if I were an Astros fan or if Cardinal players did this and won a title. I get that you can always root for a certain city, team or some other abstraction. How can anyone root for these particular scumbags?

They should be jeered after every out.

How about three cheers for the A‘s for being the first to report them?

Houston Astros regular season wins is still pretty high at anywhere between 94-96 wins depending on vig. What do you guys think about UNDER? Losing Cole. Not having the benefit of knowing pitches coming. Gonna hit under 94.5 and see what happens.

I‘m trying to figure out what I would feel if I were an Astros fan or if Cardinal players did this and won a title. I get that you can always root for a certain city, team or some other abstraction. How can anyone root for these particular scumbags?

A lady I'm friendly with at work is a huge fan. Went to both world series the last few years. She was upset about having to explain it to her kids. I think duped is the correct word to describe her attitude toward them at this point.

Dusty Baker urged MLB to protect players from getting hit, says those who hit them should be disciplined.

Lmao fuck you, Dusty. They should be rewarded for beaning them. Aim high.
They talked about this on sports radio earlier. They were saying, how can the commish suspend anybody beaning them when he didn't even suspend any of the players for cheating. It's an interesting point.

Now Correa attacked Bellinger. Poor baby cheater doesn‘t like being called a cheater. This fatuous denying behavior doesn‘t happen if the players get punished.

These Houston apologists just make everything seem so much worse and they make the Astros so much less likable.

Excuses like: we didn‘t cheat the Dodgers out of a WS. They left some guys on base!
Everybody cheats!
We were the best team, we won some road games.

So obnoxious.

Last edited:
I am for stripping of the title

While I agree most people will still just remember the astros winning it, there are some of us who don't consider them or other teams like USC champions. They cheated. You cheat and get caught, you forfeit. And by cheat, I mean as a team or program. If Neikro gets caught messing up a baseball or Sammy gets caught with cork in his bat, you punish the player. But when USC buys a recruits family a house or the entire astros team cheats then you have to strip the title and give lifetime bans to all involved, including those who were on the team and knew and did nothing. All of them should be banned from any chance at the hall of fame just like Bonds, Clemens and other cheaters should be. This is worse than that. As an organization you need to find the best cheater not the best manager at this point .... why not??? If you don't get caught you have a good chance at a dynasty. If you do get caught, you get fined a pittance compared to what you made for getting to and winning the world series and all you have to do is fire the manager. It's ridiculous.

They should all be banned for life with the exception of anyone who blew the whistle. The title should be stripped. And the sports world should be uniting to make it happen.

Fuck these guys for robbing noncheaters of their lifelong dream of winning a world series

I want my Brewers to win the World Series and I do not care how they do it.

Yu Darvish made best point I saw for taking the title away

Olympic cheats lose the gold medal, why should this be different?

Saw someone mention this because of what's happened in european football last week with man city, short story they fudged some numbers on their budget to comply with financial fairplay, teams can only spend so much over their revenue essentially

So man city were banned from the champions league for the next 2 years

If the coward robert Manfred didnt wanna take the title, ban the astros from the playoffs for a year, or do a point/win deduction to start the year

Saw someone mention this because of what's happened in european football last week with man city, short story they fudged some numbers on their budget to comply with financial fairplay, teams can only spend so much over their revenue essentially

So man city were banned from the champions league for the next 2 years

If the coward robert Manfred didnt wanna take the title, ban the astros from the playoffs for a year, or do a point/win deduction to start the year

The players aren‘t committed to the team, though...as in the case of City. I mean they‘d presumably just leave? City the club was punished. The question here is how to best punish the individual players.

Any reason the Red Sox have been lost in the shuffle here? Didn’t they win the title in 2018 after Cora got there? Anyone think Bellinger gets in Mookie’s face about it, or is he all talk?

Any reason the Red Sox have been lost in the shuffle here? Didn’t they win the title in 2018 after Cora got there? Anyone think Bellinger gets in Mookie’s face about it, or is he all talk?
That investigation is ongoing. Let's see what they find out. But good point about Mookie/Bellinger if he was involved.

The commish needed to send a message to ensure cheating won't happen again. Unfortunately he didn't do that.

If it was up to me, I would place lifetime bans on the manager and GM. Than I would give one year suspensions for all players involved. Lifetime bans if they get caught a second time cheating. This I think would make the players really think twice before cheating realizing it's not worth it.

More and more MLB'ers coming out with statements...shiiiit....even LeBron cross sporting it and coming out with a statement. Spring training is pretty much here and this isn't going away. Great work MLB!

Back