• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Assuming tOSU, LSU, CLEM all make it..... Who is your 4th team that MAKES it in?

Yep. It’ll probably be a much better matchup than what we were expecting. Wasn’t too gassed about playing UVA in Orange or G5 winner in Cotton. Could be Alabama vs Michigan now

LFG! lol.

Yep. It’ll probably be a much better matchup than what we were expecting. Wasn’t too gassed about playing UVA in Orange or G5 winner in Cotton. Could be Alabama vs Michigan now
Citrus isn't taking mich.. Mich will be gator or holiday. Citrus will have Minnesota/Wisky/PSU to choose from after Rose decides.

Oklahoma was basically out a few weeks ago...no chance everyone said...now people have them favored. Odd stuff, as always. I'm not debating resumes etc fwiw...I just love the how the tide changes.

Citrus isn't taking mich.. Mich will be gator or holiday. Citrus will have Minnesota/Wisky/PSU to choose from after Rose decides.

Why wouldn’t they take Michigan? They aren’t beholden to the rankings like the NY6 bowls are. They’ll take the 2 teams that will get the most eyeballs on their game. Minny and Wisconsin ain’t it

Why wouldn’t they take Michigan? They aren’t beholden to the rankings like the NY6 bowls are. They’ll take the 2 teams that will get the most eyeballs on their game. Minny and Wisconsin ain’t it
I understand everything you are saying. Wisconsin travels very well fwiw.

Oklahoma was basically out a few weeks ago...no chance everyone said...now people have them favored. Odd stuff, as always. I'm not debating resumes etc fwiw...I just love the how the tide changes.

That's because teams like minny and penn st were above them, with so many tough games left to play. I told everyone I know right after the k-state loss that my Sooners might not get there, but they'd right be back in it at the end because I knew teams like minny and Penn st would be outta the way once they played the ohio state's and Wisconsin's of the world, and I knew the Sooners had tough but winnable games in front of them.

Not sure why people want to anoint and dismiss so early. They never learn their lessons. It's like every season they forget the last one.

Let me find the thread from elsewhere I read yesterday about the thinking behind the b10 tie ins this year.

Fwiw, the possible opponent list never included Bama till tonight ...Holiday vs USC(hopefully not Washington as that would be back to back with them).... Or Outback/Gator vs Barn, Tennessee. I'll find what I read earlier tomorrow. It basically stated the citrus wasn't interested in Mich this year.

I'll make sure that next season I start posting much earlier in the season. I'll make sure my often unpopular opinions are known early on. I see too often with buddies of mine that they're trying dismiss certain teams and anoint others so early. It's unbelievable lol

Haven't people learned by now that if you lose early on you have plenty of time to get back in it and build momentum, especially when teams above you still have the meat of their schedules left and will invariably get knocked off (thank u Penn st and minny for showing what you are - good but not great teams)

Why are you upset? It seems like BAR is agreeing with you and commenting about how the tides would change

Why are you upset? It seems like BAR is agreeing with you and commenting about how the tides would change

Not upset. Just surprised that people en masse would dismiss a utah. A baylor. Or an oklahoma, when there was so much season still left. I guess I find it funny more than anything else. I mean, whem oklahoma lost to k state. we all knew that Penn state still had to go to ohio st (I thought they'd beat minny), that minny still had to play at iowa, v penn state and v wisky. (I thought they'd lose all 3). And when I saw Oregon and utah above them, we all knew that even if they meet at 11-1 each, one of them would drop out.

Every year there seems to be legions of fans who want to discard teams after just one loss but have we ever had a college playoff with 4 undefeated teams??

Not upset. Just surprised that people en masse would dismiss a utah. A baylor. Or an oklahoma, when there was so much season still left. I guess I find it funny more than anything else. I mean, whem oklahoma lost to k state. we all knew that Penn state still had to go to ohio st (I thought they'd beat minny), that minny still had to play at iowa, v penn state and v wisky. (I thought they'd lose all 3). And when I saw Oregon and utah above them, we all knew that even if they meet at 11-1 each, one of them would drop out.

Every year there seems to be legions of fans who want to discard teams after just one loss but have we ever had a college playoff with 4 undefeated teams??

Ah... yea - that happens every year. mrtake is a big Ohio State fan and I tried to talk him into going to OSU/Penn St this year thinking they would be 1 and 3 at the time but Penn St lost to Minny which made it not worth it. I think everyone agrees that if you're going to lose you want to do it early.

The only undefeated team to win the NC (current format) was Clemson last year and no #1 (or #3) seed has won.

Ah... yea - that happens every year. mrtake is a big Ohio State fan and I tried to talk him into going to OSU/Penn St this year thinking they would be 1 and 3 at the time but Penn St lost to Minny which made it not worth it. I think everyone agrees that if you're going to lose you want to do it early.

The only undefeated team to win the NC (current format) was Clemson last year and no #1 (or #3) seed has won.

And it just might happen again...with the same squad.

I'll make sure that next season I start posting much earlier in the season. I'll make sure my often unpopular opinions are known early on. I see too often with buddies of mine that they're trying dismiss certain teams and anoint others so early. It's unbelievable lol
To be fair, at that point in the season a lot of people were conjuring up theories about how the committee would fit 7 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff so Oklahoma was probably an afterthought.

no, you are making too much of this week's rankings after you beat CU by 30 and OU beat ok st by 18, and you are thinking that since OU did not jump them that maybe it won't happen. you're trying to make yourself feel better. trust me.

OU plays #7 this week and if they throttle #7 then look out. that's all i am saying. this saturday's game vs baylor has much higher implications than the game did vs ok state.

it looks pretty damn good to a resume if you hammer the #7 team.

and if i'm the committee, i have to be thinking to myself that it is tough to beat a really good team twice in one season so if OU goes out and smashes Baylor on saturday morning, that has to count for something in a true football mind's eye.
I don't disagree with that other than I don't see OU in a romp. I think both championship games are going to be close games personally, with no guarantee of Utah or OU even winning.

We didn't have ceedee lamb in that first meeting in waco. He is without question our best WR and arguably the best one in the country. 14 tds. Our next best receiver has only 5. His presence will be huge.

Let me find the thread from elsewhere I read yesterday about the thinking behind the b10 tie ins this year.
This isn't it totally but will give you an idea of what these bowls have to do wrt tie-ins

The most difficult maneuvering of teams came in the Big Ten because of the league's no-repeat rules. Penn State cannot go back to the Citrus Bowl this season since it was there before. Minnesota and Michigan would also be repeats in the six-year cycle, but one such repeat is allowed as long as it is not the same team as the prior year. That rule is why Iowa is out of the Outback Bowl -- since it has appeared twice in the last three seasons -- and Michigan is, too, since only one team can repeat in the six-year cycle and the Wolverines were there in the sandwich year between Hawkeye trips.

Longer story long, Minnesota ends up in the Citrus Bowl, Penn State in the Outback Bowl, Iowa in the Holiday Bowl against Arizona State, and Michigan in the Gator Bowl against Kentucky. I have Alabama in the Citrus Bowl to face the Gophers and Auburn in the Outback Bowl taking on Penn State. It could just as easily be the other way around, but I doubt the Citrus Bowl would pass on a rare chance to get the Crimson Tide.

Jerry Palm fwiw

There is actually a way that ND can play in the Citrus Bowl as well.

The Citrus is trying their hardest for Mich-Bama...

Just wait for the shit storm from Minny-PSU fans about getting passed on to lower bowls.

On the other hand, one UM insider says it is almost certain they go to Gator Bowl.

Shall see, money talks so expecting a Bama-Mich game with 15 guys total sitting out lol.

Seems to me it a no brainer if utes win as I thought they should jump bama anyways, just glad auburn put us out of that potential shitty outcome.

Back