• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

AL Cy Young

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
who do you think it'll be?

and what chance would you give Bedard of winning it?

I think being traded to Seattle will be a plus for Bedard, but I'm not sure if the Mariners win the division over the Angels. Look for the Tigers to make a deep playoff push and Justin Verlander winning the CY Young award.

I actually like fransisco Lariano, he is 100% healthy and early word on him out of training camp is that his curveball has more rotation than before. He hasn't been working on his slider much, but is it ok as it is like 4 days into camp. I am not sure how much of a sleeper he is but i am really excited to watch him play again.

Reason i think CC won't win it is because there is too much sorrounding him. I am talking about contract talks and such. I think indians will try to fire things up around mid to late july once they realize how valuable he is. i think CC will talk a little in the middle of the season and then he won't get what he wants because he sees whatever else is getting that isn't as good as he is and he'll just walk away from the talks. It will be a big distraction.

By the way go tribe:cheers:

Verlander. The Tigers will get wins (assuming they hand it over to the bullpen with at least a 5-run lead), and you know the idiots that vote for the award care more about wins than anything else. He'll have a solid ERA too. Haven't seen odds, but I'd take him at 5:1 or better.

I think Liriano's an interesting choice, but it takes a lot to win this award on a bad team (just like the MVP). If you could bet on comeback player of the year, i'd put him at even money to win that.

Verlander has to make it past his August slide

King Felix has to stay healthy.

Bedard, now this guy has a legit shot. In 2007 he was 13-5 w/ 3.16era

He had 10 games with a ND. In at least 6 of those he pitched 7 innings or more. In at least 9 of those games he went 6 innings. He gave up 3er or less in 8 of those starts.

Baltimore and their shit bullpen + shitty offense certainly cost this guy some wins, one could argue that he could of won 5 of those 10 ND's.

Ill go with Verlander. His team has a great chance to win the division and his stuff is just filthy. I think he can win 20 lead the league in K's etc.

Verlander has to make it past his August slide

King Felix has to stay healthy.

Bedard, now this guy has a legit shot. In 2007 he was 13-5 w/ 3.16era

He had 10 games with a ND. In at least 6 of those he pitched 7 innings or more. In at least 9 of those games he went 6 innings. He gave up 3er or less in 8 of those starts.

Baltimore and their shit bullpen + shitty offense certainly cost this guy some wins, one could argue that he could of won 5 of those 10 ND's.

thats pretty much my argument. want to see what number is on him. hoping for some nice value.

norohio- I agree. Verlander is probably the best pick. I think Bedard does really well in Seattle but I question two things A) His ability to stay healthy and B) Will Seattle score enough runs for him to get credit for the W.

i dont see how there can be value in verlander. but maybe there is. could go 1 unit on each ...

John Lackey will be your 2008 AL Cy Young winner. Good offense behind him, 5 years of progressively lower Whip and a declining ERA trend. Last year he led the league in ERA, had 19 wins, and finished 3rd in the voting...seems a logical fit to step up and take it this year.

Oh, and it also helps that he has essentially been injury free since he's been up in the bigs. He has at least 32 starts for 5 straight seasons.

Problem with Lackey is he needs to clearly outperform the other canditates to win. Why ? He is an under the radar type guy possibly cause he plays on the West Coast , he doesnt strikeout as many batters as the other leading canditates and while he continues to progress the 2 categories that mean the most are wins and K 's which I dont think he can improve on much..( though he did have 199 a few years back virtually 1 per inning).

I think if Cle puts it together and plays well start to finish Sabathia is the leading choice. Beckett can do for sure but he is a bit inconsistent. Verlander is probably tougher to hit then Beckett but again consistency. Possible homer call by me but he will have John Lackey disease and thats Wang. His stuff is awesome but he has battled minor injuries the past few years which seem to led to a few bad starts and his inconsitency on the road hurts him. However he is a guy who could win 22-23 games if the ball bounced his way and his K's I think will continue to slightily increase...he needs to get to 150 though..Halladay is always is a canditate but seemed to slip abit last year. Bedard is someone who again if he can remian healthy and get run support for the wins could do it.

:shake:

Back