• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

After one week of the NFL season what have we learned?

The number one thing for these threads is to take what we saw this week into consideration but not overreact. If you look back now at 2017 week 1, you could have come way with impressions like "pats are dead!" "saints are in trouble!" "the browns might be decent!" "Trevor Siemian might be alright!"

And we all know how those turned out. It is important to learn but also to understand that week 1 is just another week; teams will play much better and much worse than they did this week. Having said that, here are a few thoughts:

-Really think Dallas' offense is legitimately bad. Aside from Zeke they just don't have anyone to make plays

-The Bills might make a run at 0-16. Just terrible in every aspect of the game. they opened at 7.5 dogs at home for next week and I will be pounding the chargers while we still get lines like that

-Before the season I said Cincy is a pretty damn good team this year and they did nothing to prove otherwise.

-Deshaun Watson is a beast, but shame on Houston for not getting him a better line to protect him. Hell be running for his life all season

-Chargers defense fell apart, but the Chiefs are no joke; that team is dynamic. Still expect LA to contend. On the other hand, Mahomes will have ups and downs but that team, as they showed, can score in bunches and can score fast. Both of these teams look like they will be solid "over" teams

-Denver looked real good but like last year, I am gonna wait to crown them. However, they did show a competency at RB and QB that they didn't have the last 2 years; Keenum being average or slightly above is a HUGE improvement

Chargers gonna Charger. Turnovers, special teams, general nonsense get in the way yet again in a game they outplayed the opponent.

Jags defense still beastly. Not the finest game from Ramsey against a superstar yesterday and it didn't even matter.

The Titans offense might not be getting the type of makeover everybody hoped for.

Jury is still out on Trubisky, once the scripted stuff was out of the way he was pretty dicey.

Saints defense getting that expected dropoff - going from worst to really good in one year tends to lead to a dropoff the next season and that apepars to be the case

Luck looked good

The Bengals are a decent team now that they don't have a disastrous Oline

Jimmy G played an absolutely horrendous game and the Vikings offense was also pretty underwhelming - that shouldn't be surprising with Week 1 new QB, new OC and makeshift Oline

The number one thing for these threads is to take what we saw this week into consideration but not overreact. If you look back now at 2017 week 1, you could have come way with impressions like "pats are dead!" "saints are in trouble!" "the browns might be decent!" "Trevor Siemian might be alright!"

And we all know how those turned out. It is important to learn but also to understand that week 1 is just another week; teams will play much better and much worse than they did this week. Having said that, here are a few thoughts:

-Really think Dallas' offense is legitimately bad. Aside from Zeke they just don't have anyone to make plays

-The Bills might make a run at 0-16. Just terrible in every aspect of the game. they opened at 7.5 dogs at home for next week and I will be pounding the chargers while we still get lines like that

-Before the season I said Cincy is a pretty damn good team this year and they did nothing to prove otherwise.

-Deshaun Watson is a beast, but shame on Houston for not getting him a better line to protect him. Hell be running for his life all season

-Chargers defense fell apart, but the Chiefs are no joke; that team is dynamic. Still expect LA to contend. On the other hand, Mahomes will have ups and downs but that team, as they showed, can score in bunches and can score fast. Both of these teams look like they will be solid "over" teams

-Denver looked real good but like last year, I am gonna wait to crown them. However, they did show a competency at RB and QB that they didn't have the last 2 years; Keenum being average or slightly above is a HUGE improvement

Going to play point / counterpoint with you here, Dan. Hopefully both of us better our viewpoints and (all of us) may sharpen our angles from the week 1 action.

"The number one thing for these threads is to take what we saw this week into consideration but not overreact..." - 100% agree. Weeks 1-3 in this league are headscratchers. The coaches who make adjustments and who avoid the injury bug are the ones who do the best long term.

"Really think Dallas' offense is legitimately bad. Aside from Zeke they just don't have anyone to make plays..." - This is a combination of ineptitude. Dak is as inaccurate as he always was...and that's something you cannot teach in this league...major warning sign. The WR got NO SEPARATION vs. a average at best Panthers secondary....THAT IS A HUGE ISSUE. Playcalling was absolutely abysmal... how many touches did Zeke get in the first half? The correct answer is NOT ENOUGH. With the roster construction of this team, Zeke is going to need 400 touches for them to even have a prayer this season. They have to try to shorten games, they just don't have enough offensive weapons.

"The Bills might make a run at 0-16. Just terrible in every aspect of the game..." - totally disagree and here's why. Look at your first point. This is an overreaction to a QB that shouldn't have been starting, a team with few offensive weapons, and a group of guys that got completely overwhelmed when the snowball started rolling down the hill. The Chargers number for this game was SD -1 ... I think yesterday Dimes opened it at +8. That's crazy. McDermott is about 10 times a better coach than Anthony Lynn and is traveling cross country...on the road...against a team nobody thinks is any good. I wouldn't be shocked if you see a VASTLY different Buffalo offense on Sunday and I will be on them if they number stays at 8 or keeps climbing. Gun-to-head...Buffalo wins this game outright because the Chargers are a dumpster fire....they're just getting passed under the radar for how putrid they were yesterday.

"Before the season I said Cincy is a pretty damn good team this year and they did nothing to prove otherwise..." - I also like Cincy's weapons but they were not that impressive against a roster who I think has bottom-3 team level talent outside the QB. Indy is a MAJOR rebuild and Cincy still had them in the game the whole time. They're sloppy with the football and Marv Lewis is gonna Marv Lewis. Red Rifle is gonna red rifle. If it weren't for a defensive TD by the Bungles late, this game looks way more realistic to their talent level, which is right around that 8-8 mark. Still a win on the road, is a win and they got it. So pros to them. I love Mixon this year and if Lazer uses them right, their offense could be top-10 in the league. Awful, awful, awful spot thought on a short week with a horrible head coach playing Thursday night against a team who rested everyone 2nd half and HAS NOT FORGOTTEN how Cincy cost them the playoffs last year. Strong Balty angle for me as we look a few days ahead.

"Deshaun Watson is a beast, but shame on Houston for not getting him a better line to protect him. Hell be running for his life all season..." This is just poor roster construction. There is zero reason why Houston should not have rebuilt their offensive line. If that guy goes down, that team is dead. 100% dead. one thing to note that really kind of snuck under the radar is that Watson got hurt the last play of the game on the same leg he hurt his ACL last year. Haven't heard any news yet, but just keep that filed in the back of your head for this week.

"Chargers defense fell apart, but the Chiefs are no joke; that team is dynamic. Still expect LA to contend. On the other hand, Mahomes will have ups and downs but that team, as they showed, can score in bunches and can score fast. Both of these teams look like they will be solid "over" teams..." - This is the same thing we saw vs. the Patriots opening week last season. Andy Reid with time to prepare can gameplan with the best of them. Hunt or Kelce weren't even the focal points of that offense yesterday and LAC let Tyreek absolutely embarrass them. Chiefs OL leaves much to be desired IMO and I still have major questions about their secondary, but their skill set position players are absolutely awesome. But remember, Andy Reid also had them 5-0 last year and then they came right back to earth. Big thing I agree with you here on that this is an absolute over team in first looking at the numbers...too many weapons, and a D we still don't know how good they are. And while Mahomes looked good going 4/0 TD/INT ... don't take out of the mix that 2 of those touchdown passes were thrown forward a total of 12 inches. That's great scheming/gameplanning vs. a blockhead defensive team without their best player.

"Denver looked real good but like last year, I am gonna wait to crown them. However, they did show a competency at RB and QB that they didn't have the last 2 years; Keenum being average or slightly above is a HUGE improvement..." -Denver definitely showed competency with both Lindsay and Freeman getting 15 carries for 71 yards exactly... but Case Keenum was fucking terrible yesterday. 3 boneheaded interceptions that really were headscratchers. Seattle is bad. VERY BAD. Now Baldwin has (at first report) a sprained MCL and their entire defensive is rebuilt and beat up. And still that was a 3 point game? Denver dominated this team and had a few breakdowns defensively along with Keenum's ineptitude, which made this a field goal game. Petey has no talent ... and Vance Joseph just is a BAD BAD HEAD COACH. Still, that Front 7 and VM especially is awesome to watch. They're going to be more competitive for sure this year, but Joseph is so bad that he will be outcoached many more times than he will outcoach someone this season. Petey simply has no talent and Russ is a HOF QB with the heart of a champion. Situationally next week, you have the Raiders going to Denver off a short week and playing in altitude with the oldest roster in the league? I already played the GOY line at Dimes at 3.5 on the Broncs.

Few other notes.

Titans in MAJOR trouble - Lost their QB, LT and TE (Walker done for year), concussion protocol for the LT and Mariota who the fuck knows with his elbow as I don't think he's that good anyway. But to have 3 offensive hits like that in week 1... in a game that took over 7 hours to play ... very strange spot and huge implications for this teams season.

Alex Smith gonna Alex Smith ... he's as exciting as a vanilla milkshake but he simply doesn't make the big fuck up. Call him a game manager, call him boring, but call him a winner. If they don't suffer any more major injuries on offense, Wash will be lingering in the playoff race come December.

More head coaches who have the football IQ of a potato:

Steve WIlks: team is down 21-0 at half and you get a drive going to start the 2nd half and on 4th and 3 in Wash territory you're punting to play field position? OMFG, just someone please kick this guy in the head. you cannot fix stupid.

Matt Nagy: First half, genius and amazing scheming - second half, played not to lose from the opening whistle. Got completely outcoached by GB and could not adjust to the Packers 2nd half adjustments. I know 12 is 12, but on 3rd and 10, how does there not happen to be any safeties on the field back more than 10 yards? Nagy then went onto kick a FG in a spot he had 3rd and 1 and could've salted the game away so he went up 6 with a defense that had been leaking like a busted dam all 2nd half. Awful, awful football.

Steelers, ugh. This team is going to get exposed for their defensive leaks by a better offensive team. Great stat - teams with a +5 turnover margin in the least 10 years I think (132-4-1). If you take out the Browns, who had 2 of those losses and yesterday's tie.... +5 TO teams were 132-2. Yikes.

@scarf31 Great stuff there. We do completely disagree on the Bills and that is ok. They have no QB, no WRs and a pretty weak defense. Shady is good but you saw what happens when he becomes 1 dimensional. Who is going to throw the ball? Even if they go to Allen, hes as raw as any qb in the NFL. Just don't see them scoring and I think SD avenges last weeks home loss with a rout. I think they were so putrid yesterday because KC's offense is just that crazy dynamic...Hill is basically un-guardable. We shall see, but I think this bills team is just straight garbage.

Cincy- fine, they are either good or average, def not bad, and I was thrilled to get 3 points yesterday when they should have been pk at best. I do think with Mixon looking good and Ross becoming a vertical threat that that offense is gonna score a bit. Im not getting too crazy though; I say 9-7

Also agree Vance Joseph isn't a great coach but if we were judging coaches after 1 year a lot of ppl would have said Doug P wasn't very good this time last year. I do think the verdict is still out, and yeah, Keenums 3 ints were bad, but he got the ball to DT and Sanders, which is what a qb has to do for them. I completely agree with u on Denver next week, I am hoping Oakland pulls out a win tonight and I will pound the hell out of Denver. Its not crazy; lots of really weird things happen on the 10pm MNF Week 1 game, as all of the players are out of sorts on their routines, upsets tend to happen. Denver under 6 will be a play for me but im hoping for 3.5 with a strong showing from Oakland tonight

Colts had their way with Bengals D for the majority of the game. Luck looks to be back to form. His team value resembles A. Rodgers. Without them, they're a 3 win team. Saints D had no chance at stopping who? Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Vrabel isn't an NFL HC and he knows it just like Fisher knew it.
Watched Ravens in preseason and yesterday, their D is legit. While the Bills will be lucky to get to 4 wins.
IMO, A Rodgers is out for the year. Packers season is over already. Trubisky can win in this league if he can remain a QB instead of turning into an RB.
I don't see much change in the NFL. There are a few of the same elite teams and the rest are average to poor. More good coaches and QBs are needed before the landscape changes.

Few other notes.

Titans in MAJOR trouble - Lost their QB, LT and TE (Walker done for year), concussion protocol for the LT and Mariota who the fuck knows with his elbow as I don't think he's that good anyway. But to have 3 offensive hits like that in week 1... in a game that took over 7 hours to play ... very strange spot and huge implications for this teams season.

Alex Smith gonna Alex Smith ... he's as exciting as a vanilla milkshake but he simply doesn't make the big fuck up. Call him a game manager, call him boring, but call him a winner. If they don't suffer any more major injuries on offense, Wash will be lingering in the playoff race come December.

More head coaches who have the football IQ of a potato:

Steve WIlks: team is down 21-0 at half and you get a drive going to start the 2nd half and on 4th and 3 in Wash territory you're punting to play field position? OMFG, just someone please kick this guy in the head. you cannot fix stupid.

Matt Nagy: First half, genius and amazing scheming - second half, played not to lose from the opening whistle. Got completely outcoached by GB and could not adjust to the Packers 2nd half adjustments. I know 12 is 12, but on 3rd and 10, how does there not happen to be any safeties on the field back more than 10 yards? Nagy then went onto kick a FG in a spot he had 3rd and 1 and could've salted the game away so he went up 6 with a defense that had been leaking like a busted dam all 2nd half. Awful, awful football.

Steelers, ugh. This team is going to get exposed for their defensive leaks by a better offensive team. Great stat - teams with a +5 turnover margin in the least 10 years I think (132-4-1). If you take out the Browns, who had 2 of those losses and yesterday's tie.... +5 TO teams were 132-2. Yikes.

more good stuff. I have always said that alex smith is like when a dude starts getting bored of his wife because she started wearing sweatpants and giving frequent bjs so he leaves her for some young slutty "fun" girl, only to realize a few months later that shes beyond crazy and wish he had his stable wife back.

one thing; steelers almost lost to Cleveland week 1 last year; its just a situation they tend to play poorly in. I am ok to give them the benefit of the doubt, still see a 10 win team

Pat Mahomes will be MVP.

Case in GREAT spot.

Trubisky is a very good qb.

Bears are coming.

We will see tonight but I think Raiders are a disaster.

great posts in what is always a must-read thread. Here are mine:

PHI can still get after the QB and that's the most important thing in the league. ATL looked to be blaming Ryan for the loss, don't think he was great but it was the pass rush that really made the difference. Nice to see Ajayi getting goalline work with the stable of pass-catching RBs around him and when Wentz returns PHI could be the best team in the NFC

CIN is a question-mark, but they did what they needed to get a win at a bad team's stadium in the opener. Game was back and forth, but Mixon was crushing it and it's nice to see Ross and Green get in the endzone because that offense was horrendous last year. Trading and drafting OL help may have worked, but i wouldn't assume they are fixed simply because they won @ a cellar-dweller. Luck was decent, not sure if that was him or the CIN defense but we'll find out. TY didn't do as much as i expected and the RBs were pretty ineffective from what i saw

TEN looked terrible and got three very important pieces injured, Mariota/Lewan/Delanie. The situation with the delays certainly didn't help, but MIA wasn't really expected to be good and they were ahead throughout and would have been ahead more if not for the endzone pick. It looked like Dion was the clear lead back, which is awful for Henry owners and i don't really understand the usage rate. New OC coming from LAR doesn't really explain much because Gurley got the lionshare and Henry showed he can still hit the hole and then outrun everyone after that display on the TD that got called back for a hold. Tannehill threw at least two picks, including one you can't do in the endzone, but Stills found the endzone and it sounds like the RB work was evenly split. Sorry kenyan drake owners, but for the team that at least sounds stabilizing no matter how small of a TD threat Gore is. Rashad Jones is a beast, MIA will need him even though that division is weak

MIN was in control of the game throughout, but didn't put it away when they could/should have. It didn't come back to bite them, but they made Garoppolo look average if not bad and without McKinnon (and maybe now Goodwin) how is SF going to move the ball? They will face weaker defenses, MIN is incredibly strong and makes you pay for mistakes. An offense with Garcon, Alfred Morris, Kittle and a passing back who can't catch is not going to win enough football games. SF is on my concern list for sure right now after a week. Cousins was okay, expect he'll be great this year and Cook wasn't as impressive. The team is loaded on offense with a great coach and an awesome D, think they will give PHI a run for its money in an NFC Championship rematch

CLE got a million turnovers and still couldn't win. What a joke of a franchise, but they deserve credit for climbing back from 21-7 down in the 2H. That would have meant game over last year, but they fought and Tyrod really only took sacks until the late interception that was a worthwhile risk. Ben has a game like this every year, expect he'll be sharper vs KC next week when it isn't monsooning but he's still a concern for me. Conner filled in for Bell admirably besides the fumble, Bell is rarely missed by PIT anyways, but i'm not sure the tradeoff between magical throws to AB are worth all the damage Ben does turning it over. He was a huge reason they didn't win, some bad luck due to tips and not being protected but still. The JAX games last year were red flags, i'm not sure what to think about him. CLE is still unable to win games and the blocked game-winner was just so Browns. Gordon made one play the whole day, Landry was good and the team looks stronger around but i'm not changing my stance on them just yet

BUF looked terrible and i'm beginning to wonder if Peterman has naked photos of someone. Allen looked bad, still not sure why he got drafted when he did. BAL looked okay, defense was great and offense capitalized. Can't ask for anything more, but that may be a bad BUF team who got punked by anybody in the rain on the road week 1. Lamar Jackson did not look like he's taking Flacco's job anytime soon and Collins got benched for a quarter for fumbling. He's had problems with that in the past, but should get past it

HOU was in the game late, but it was almost miraculous thanks to a NE dropped punt. They fell behind early because Watson was bad and he didn't improve much throughout, potentially because he was getting pummeled all day by the NE front. No Fuller was an issue, though Ellington caught a TD. Miller ran well, so did Blue, but that was likely against a prevent D to force HOU to use clock to catch up. Gronk was okay, sometimes dominant but dropped a few and fumbled. The catch that didn't get overturned was a joke and put the game out of reach. O'Brien chasing a deficit on 4th down in the redzone too early also hurt, may have cost me a cover if the game flow stayed the same, so it was a pretty poor game all around from HOU. Watt got a little pressure and the defense was okay, but they just weren't going to stop NE. Watson is the biggest concern as mentioned above if he's not healthy, because he will be under duress all season based on his OL who also just lost Seantrel Henderson to a broken ankle ayer

DEN finally has a QB, though Keenum disappointed a bit with some bad interceptions (and three total). Baldwin going down is a scary thing as he already had a knee issue, now another one. Von Miller made a huge impact, if DEN has a defense this year and Keenum can be anywhere near competent maybe the AFC West is even tougher. Carson looked okay, but was in a split with Penny. Not a good sign for Carson as the 1st round draft pick will eventually take the job. Sanders was incredible, Demaryius somehow got credited with a TD despite no evidence to confirm it in my eyes. The game was back-and-forth, so i wouldn't annoint DEN yet. They made the plays to win, but left Lockett alone for a long TD and it didn't really feel like they had it locked up at any point

WAS murdered ARI. Not sure why ARI is so bad, but David Johnson is going to crush PPR leagues and not others if he can't score TDs (got one late). Alex Smith will not turn the ball over, he never has, so if his team is ahead it will be really tough to come back. I was impressed by the WAS defense and with how Chris Thompson looked, but Peterson put up a big game as well. ARI has the toughest schedule in the league, not sure what that means for Rosen but check-down Sam was there yesterday and when behind the chains the team had little chance

NYG is a bad team no matter how many weapons it has. Defense was okay, but JAX can make people look that way especially when they're not feeling threatened and they keep Bortles contained. Fournette going down was a concern, but Yeldon was pretty good in his place. Dede was good and I expect he'll earn more targets each week he plays as he's still relatively new to the squad. OBJ was great and is a super talent, but he was somewhat contained. Saquon took one carry to the house, but didn't do much besides that. Eli still looks terrible and even if the NYG defense plays well i don't think they can compete with good teams. That may mean nothing to the NFC East, but JAX is playing in a division with three teams who did not look good yesterday. Very confident in them for the division after a single week

DAL could not move the ball against a good defense missing its best player. CAR didn't look great, Cam tends to do that, but they weren't in much danger because inaccurate Dak's legs and Zeke are the only threats. Losing Olsen to a re-injury to the same foot makes me think he's closer to retirement than another TD. Tough to learn from the CAR defense after that "display," but DAL looks worse and worse when their replacement for Dan Bailey is missing FGs

CHI looked great on the scripted plays and Trubisky was accurate early on those, but he panicked late when GB got close and returned to his 2017 self. I'm not sold on CHI as that was my biggest concern this year and it reared its head yet again. The CHI defense is supposedly nasty, but Rodgers knifed through them on one leg and didn't have to deal with any pressure when he clearly couldn't move. That points to coaching issues on the CHI staff, most odd when the DC has been there four years and last year they were pretty good. GB turned over its defense, got a new DC and added a ton of youth. Maybe they're good, I think they had no answers early and deserve credit for adjusting but were not doing anything to stop CHI in the 1H. A sprained knee sounds like a nice way for Rodgers to escape, but everyone should attack him and that questionable OL until he's on the sideline. I like the idea of CHI moving forward as they were wizards early and i liked the extra involvement of Jordan Howard in the passing game plus the dynamic Cohen, but Trubisky is too big of a concern for me

I agree gwarner, hard to be definitive cause it was AZ, but different, winning vibe from DC. I am a Jay Gruden fan.

Case, Alex and Kirk are like clones. Very interesting, these 3.

At this point, only watched Skins/Ari and JAx/NYG

The Skins were strong to start the year last year, but were ravaged by injuries. They are a good, under the radar team. Alex is the type of QB Gruden wants... mobile, miss direction plays, dont stand still in pocket, and he will create passing plays with Thompson/Reed/Crowder. If they can run the ball, they will be tough to beat. Their front 7 is pretty good and the combo of Allen/Payne/Settle really disrupt the interior of the opposing OL. The secondary is young, but people didn't realize how talented it is. THe one spot they cannot get injured in is safety (on defense). I'm not even convinced Ari is *that bad. There defense is tough, but they played zone and made Washington drive all the way down the field, which made Gruden happy.

Jags defense is incredible. Eli still Eli. Barkley will have some games were he cant get anything going, but he's a TD threat on every single play. Giants OL is still garbage. I don't think they defense is more than average. Bortles just needs to Trent Dilfer it to win games.

I liked this stat
-----------------
The Browns were +5 in takeaways against the Steelers.

Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1.

The Browns are responsible for 2 of those losses and the tie.
-----------------

If only chargers had won buffalo would be a absolute must week 2 bet,, very still well might be with as horrid as they predictably looked. While I tend to agree the bills are terrible and said before yesterday they looked like worse passing attack in the league I also think it be unwise to take chargers against them, as scarf said, Lynn garbage and cross country early start. Nothing brings out the best in a team like being embarrassed the week before so we know we will see a vastly improved effort from bills, and we should know what kind of lackluster dogshit gameplan and effort we will get from chargers.

sorry, i meant the chargers face the Rams in week 3 so i think they will be super prepared and focused in week 2.

sorry, i meant the chargers face the Rams in week 3 so i think they will be super prepared and focused in week 2.

Oh so it was you! Lol., are you being sacarstic about chargers being super prepared? (I hope).

DmszAe1WsAAWMay.jpg

Bud Light still on ice

i just think the Chargers know the Rams will be tough to beat and they beat the Bills.

As easy as it is for me to fall in like w chargers roster thankfully a couple guys reminded me why it a bad idea before the kc game. Since Lynn took over I can’t remember even one game where I liked their offensive game plan, for most part gameplans were quite terrible from what I recall. I think you right they probably win I just don’t see any way I could even pretend to like the idea of laying more than a td with them..

here the problem w chargers now (besides coaching which was already a issue imo) last year before everyone started liking them I loved getting a fg or better w them as their games were all seemingly very close, either decided by less than one possession or just a few plays. Now that they the trendy team of the year we see them laying all these points and I just don’t see them all a sudden stomping on teams even tho they have the talent/roster to be capable of doing so.

i just think the Chargers know the Rams will be tough to beat and they beat the Bills.

Chargers clearly the more talented team, but I think you're sort of making my point for my why Buffalo and the points is going to be a play on my card. This is a look-ahead spot IMO for Chargers who face a very talented Rams team who everyone knows is great on offense.

Now you travel 3000 miles to face a team with that putrid performance yesterday....very easy to see them looking past the Bills. I know I'm in the minority, but I'll be on the underdog and don't count out a straight up win, for as crazy as that sounds. Chargers a very poorly coached football team. And don't discount the fact that Bosa is going to miss potentially the entire September slate...they only got 1 sack yesterday vs. a very questionable OL in KC. Bills have a bad OL too, but if you can't pressure the QB, the game slows down BIG TIME for a young QB.

Yes. That's what they're saying now. I think it's a pipe dream for him to play this Sunday

Wise, while most probably think this is a ridiculous statement because he played the 2nd half...I do not discount this at all. Something is wrong there...no brain doctor needed to figure this out. The guy was throwing on 1 leg the whole second half.

So he’s got something wrong with his knee...and now you’re facing maybe the best defense in the league...the same one who knocked him out of the league last year?

I’ll be SHOCKED if he doesn’t at least miss this week. If Nagy and his super-pussy-conservative offensive gameplan doesn’t fuck that win up for the Bears, we might’ve seen Rodgers already talked about as at least missing 3-4 weeks.

Could be a ligament...and if his mobility is hurt, he’s walking right into the eye of the storm on Sunday.

I already bet the Vikings +1.5 for 2 Units and am considering adding more.

Rodgers said himself that he thought his adrenaline would get him through the 2nd half. Reading between the lines you hear Rodgers saying he's playing unless there's something serious going on. I don't see Aaron surviving this injury. I think he played on 1 leg and did a hell of a job, but this injury will worsen way before it gets better.

The Jags D played a ton of zone yesterday and Eli missed some wide open throws. That game was there for the taking for the Giants and they would have won if they had even an average QB. Not sure why JAX was playing zone but if they do that this week Brady will chew them up no matter the weapons he has.

Ready. Set. Go.
B.A.R. 1 thing det we already new det sucks the big black mamba what kills me what did I tell you im watching sesame street the cookie monster is fucking up big bird turn on showtime

Great job by several in this thread.

I'll have some Lions-Jets thoughts in the morning.

The Jags D played a ton of zone yesterday and Eli missed some wide open throws. That game was there for the taking for the Giants and they would have won if they had even an average QB. Not sure why JAX was playing zone but if they do that this week Brady will chew them up no matter the weapons he has.

Zone over concern with stopping Odell. Ramsey isn‘t gonna win a jump ball with him. Needed safety help at almost all times.

O-line matters. The difference between Packers vs Falcons 2016 playoffs and Packers vs Bears on Monday was that Rodgers had support from o-line and receivers. He can't do it alone, but when the support is there Rodgers can do anything.

Back