• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****AAF In-Game Thread 2019****

What’s the verdict on this league for those who watched? I only saw the huge qb hit on sportscenter. Is it worth watching? Better than arena or cfl?

Supposedly in states that have legalized gambling, MGM is developing an app where you can wager live on play calls, etc. That might be a big hook (and very dangerous) if and when it happens.

Watched that hit on Bercovici three times on you tube, wow. Announcer says "totally blindsided". Moron. There was nothing blind-side about that hit.

This got better ratings than the Okc/Houston game last night
Weird, I hadn't heard a word about that today ;)

But yes, it shows you the power of football...

I will be interested to see how the ratings are after a month.

Dan has the right idea...fade the fuck out of Sackenburg. Just played Birmingham -6.5

Sackenburg couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. There are few words to describe his level of suckitide.

Birmingham had the worst odds to win the championship at +1200 and their regular season win total was 3.5. They look solid to me but I think Memphis might be assisting in that.

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Memphis may be lucky to be competitive in many games

Birmingham had the worst odds to win the championship at +1200 and their regular season win total was 3.5. They look solid to me but I think Memphis might be assisting in that.

Agree with that assessment, Cap...but one thing that Birm did this first half that I think will be hugely successful as the season goes along is ran tempo pace on offense.

You see NFL teams get winded from that...now you’re going to take a group of boneheads at a vastly inferior skill level and think they’ll have a shot vs an offense running that?

Good luck.

Even though the offense will also be tired HUGE ADVANTAGE for the offense knowing where the ball is going.

If every team just ran go routes in this league they’d score a ton. But the coaching is super bad and from guys in an era where they like 7-step dropbacks and mandatory 1st down running plays which are completely archaic in today’s football.

I like the over 47 in AZ game tonight

GL cash...my worry is that in this opening week these teams just aren’t there with the line play (especially on offense) to allow for a lot of points as a great game flow. Think we’ll see some big adjustments as the season goes on but just can’t bring myself to trust full game totals just yet. Best of luck though tonight my friend

that was too easy. fade matt simms and christian hackenburg. just hope they go back to the Hack next week; they may not. Dont see Silvers doing much anyway though so fading memphis should still be good.

taking the dog tonight. books seem to think zona has a good squad; i dont see it. so far QB play has determined the winners and I think Trevor Knight sucks. I'd rather go with Woodrum. Plus, a dog has to hit sometime right? lol

Trevor isn't the starter unless something changed overnight

god damnit, trying to read articles online to cap this but some of them are written by clueless writers who see his name and say hes playing

Wolfard starting i guess?

and UTSUX, yup all unders. qbs and lines getting accustomed to the game speed

GL cash...my worry is that in this opening week these teams just aren’t there with the line play (especially on offense) to allow for a lot of points as a great game flow. Think we’ll see some big adjustments as the season goes on but just can’t bring myself to trust full game totals just yet. Best of luck though tonight my friend

Your thoughts are 100% correct on 1st 3 games. This game opened at 52 & is now 45, the large drop is a result of what we have seen so far & offense hasn't been pretty. I hope this game is an exception

Every game has gone under so far...but the total
In this one is down to 45.5, can’t bite on a total dropping like an anchor in the ocean.

Might try to take Salt Lake and try to middle in game

Your thoughts are 100% correct on 1st 3 games. This game opened at 52 & is now 45, the large drop is a result of what we have seen so far & offense hasn't been pretty. I hope this game is an exception

Books going to over adjust for sure, Cash. Week 2 numbers going to be 7-9 points lower on average I bet. But offenses will adjust too...at least thecoaches who have a fucking brain....which is a problem because there are some BAD BAD OLD SCHOOL ARCHAIC OFFENSIVE MINDED COACHES in this league

Books going to over adjust for sure, Cash. Week 2 numbers going to be 7-9 points lower on average I bet. But offenses will adjust too...at least thecoaches who have a fucking brain....which is a problem because there are some BAD BAD OLD SCHOOL ARCHAIC OFFENSIVE MINDED COACHES in this league

Singletary is the worst

Overlays coming perhaps...

Played Salt Lake ML +185 for 1u looking to hedge at some point based on 1st half.

Dennis Erickson is world’s better a HC than Rick Neuheisel. We shall see

The huge problem I’ve seen so far is that these games are getting players coaches to play a 1999 NFL offensive formation / playcalling regimen.

The league even 5 years ago was world’s different in its formations and looks and these dudes coaching stuck in time warps and mandatory 1st down runs are lost in comparison to what is becoming the norm in today’s high level football

Marvin Lewis sounds like he’s talking directly into his shirt. Monotone, Boring and literally adding nothing to the broadcast

The huge problem I’ve seen so far is that these games are getting players coaches to play a 1999 NFL offensive formation / playcalling regimen.

The league even 5 years ago was world’s different in its formations and looks and these dudes coaching stuck in time warps and mandatory 1st down runs are lost in comparison to what is becoming the norm in today’s high level football

I only watched the San Diego game , but I would rarely pass if those are the quality of the qbs

I only watched the San Diego game , but I would rarely pass if those are the quality of the qbs

Bigger issue is that the offensive lines REALLY suck.

These teams should be running spread offenses and trying to push the pace. So far this Salt Lake QB is 5/11 (with 3 passes on target but all dropped or hitting his guy in the face) but they’re running way more spread formations than any other team I’ve seen.

Can’t have a high paced NFL and NCAA product and then a new league with coaches implementing systems that Kenny Anderson was running 30 years ago

Keep this first week all low scoring...teams going to realize real fast going vertical and with pace going to be the key to winning.

Yes on running a spread , but those two qbs in the San Diego game were awful , I wouldn’t trust them with any type of vertical pass game

I was impressed with the San Diego kicker , lol . I’m sure he will be in NFL next season

This league is a notch above the MAC and AAC. I've recommended to the AAF to name each game a Bowl game to create interest. If we can watch atrocious Bowl games for a month because its football, then let's give it a try here. It's good like minor league baseball is, but to watch this past March Madness is really unfathomable. I cant lie, I'll take this in February but not much further past the NCAA Conference tournaments.

This league is a notch above the MAC and AAC. I've recommended to the AAF to name each game a Bowl game to create interest. If we can watch atrocious Bowl games for a month because its football, then let's give it a try here. It's good like minor league baseball is, but to watch this past March Madness is really unfathomable. I cant lie, I'll take this in February but not much further past the NCAA Conference tournaments.

Yep I agree , I was entertained last night

Back