Bet on MyBookie

%ALT_TXT%% Bet at 5dimes

2020 UFC/MMA Discussion

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
I don't think we give these fighters enough credit for the conditioning. To go 5 rounds like that is hard. We'd be done in a half round lol.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
I think Burns is more well rounded and probably a better fighter than Jorge. Either way he will definitely help the ppv numbers.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Glad Masvidal is in. But fuck, Max Holloway our due to weight cutting issues. Unprofessional. Happens too much. And I like Max.

Hearing Max out on Twitter only so hope it’s not true.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Maybe that was false news on Max. I can't find anything concrete. Hopefully he's a go. That fight with Volkanovski is a good one.

Big daddy naught

Maybe that was false news on Max. I can't find anything concrete. Hopefully he's a go. That fight with Volkanovski is a good one.
They just had an interview w Max the other day where he said he did zero sparring and all his training was over zoom.

Obviously want to see usman vs Jorge but damn I wish they had a full buildup to this fight all the bad blood would have made great entertainment. Big questions are can Jorge get up when he gets taken down? Last time I saw him struggle was against Maia who basically kept him on the mat the whole fight. He can’t do that vs Usman. Can Usman hold his own in the striking? What happens when Jorge lands that first huge shot? Can he walk thru it or does he get hurt?

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
They just had an interview w Max the other day where he said he did zero sparring and all his training was over zoom.

Obviously want to see usman vs Jorge but damn I wish they had a full buildup to this fight all the bad blood would have made great entertainment. Big questions are can Jorge get up when he gets taken down? Last time I saw him struggle was against Maia who basically kept him on the mat the whole fight. He can’t do that vs Usman. Can Usman hold his own in the striking? What happens when Jorge lands that first huge shot? Can he walk thru it or does he get hurt?
Yeah I saw an interview with Volkanovski saying he didn't believe Max hasn't sparred with anybody.

You're right. We're getting robbed of the build up to the fight between Usman/Masvidal. They hate each other and I 100% love this fight over Burns who is a good friend and teammate of Usman. But I'm pretty stoked with this fight.

Last time they ran into each other. Man I can't wait!

Big daddy naught

I wanted to pull the trigger on max as I feel the first fight was close and he was far from his best and that he’d be better prepared in the rematch, especially in dealing w the leg kicks, but the high line and no sparring are scaring me.

Agree w you, wasn’t overly excited about burns/Usman. Much better main even short notice or not. Hopefully Jorge is in shape and been training like he says bc it’s gonna be humid as hell out there and conditioning is gonna be an issue.

skanless13

Masvidal must be getting paaaaaaaaid

Dana needed this card to be ,massive, first on fight island

I cant wait

More excited with masvidal than burns
I had a HUGE wager on Burns. I think he would've fucked Usman up. I think Usman is unfortunately a bad match up for Jorge. However, if I'm wrong I'll take it any day. So tired of Usman's cocky ass, going back to the Ultimate Fighter.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
So how is the time difference going to affect the fighters? I'm seeing the early prelims, prelims, and main card are going to be 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm pacific time. That correlates to 2am, 4am, and 6 am locally in Abu Dhabi if I'm reading my iPhone right. That's really early and I'm trying to figure out if this will help or hurt certain fighters.

skanless13

So how is the time difference going to affect the fighters? I'm seeing the early prelims, prelims, and main card are going to be 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm pacific time. That correlates to 2am, 4am, and 6 am locally in Abu Dhabi if I'm reading my iPhone right. That's really early and I'm trying to figure out if this will help or hurt certain fighters.
Good question. I guess a lot of it depends on how long the fighters will have been there to get their body clocks right... I'm thinking that probably takes at least 4 to 5 days?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Yeah, that's gonna be a bit weird.

spooks

The Last Emperor
Good question. I guess a lot of it depends on how long the fighters will have been there to get their body clocks right... I'm thinking that probably takes at least 4 to 5 days?
Remember from the NFL threads of West Coast playing East Coast time zone in the mornings....its a myth! :cheers3:

Looking forward to this card:
Yan vs. Aldo
Makwan Amirkani vs. Danny Henry

spooks

The Last Emperor
M. Perry is another War Machine. Lots of potential and a high ceiling, but that mental game is hard to overcome!

Aldo looked good in last fight, but Yan will be a handful.

skanless13

If anyone has anyone has any good links that aren't crashing please post. I'm anticipating needing to do a lot of link hopping. I'll be starting with the usual crackstreams...