Bet at 5dimes
Bet at 5dimes

2020 UFC/MMA Discussion; post your wagers

Big daddy naught

Okay MY DOGS

Thoughts on DOS ANGOS vs EDWARDS?

ADAMS vs HARDY?
Dos anjos looked really good last time out, I haven’t seen Edwards fight, gotta look up his fights.

Hardy is a complete POS, but he’s got power and can throw hands. Obviously if he gets taken down it’s a problem bc he’s not a wrestler or bjj guy and getting back up might be a prob. My guess is he wins by ko. Ufc wants this guy to win so can’t imagine his opponent is much more than a can but I know he’s been talking shit lol

Sammy Meatballs

It's Not A Lie, If You Believe It...
Dos anjos looked really good last time out, I haven’t seen Edwards fight, gotta look up his fights.

Hardy is a complete POS, but he’s got power and can throw hands. Obviously if he gets taken down it’s a problem bc he’s not a wrestler or bjj guy and getting back up might be a prob. My guess is he wins by ko. Ufc wants this guy to win so can’t imagine his opponent is much more than a can but I know he’s been talking shit lol
Believe it or not the guy who HARDY is fighting is named ADAMS. Adams fought on the Cerrone Iaquinta fight night card and Adams lost a unamious decision to a GUY that I KNOW! Adams is NFL huge- 6'5 280 lbs..

I was severely unimpressed with ADAMS cardio. After round 1 he was totally gassed. He could not KO the guy that I know who was 6 feet 240 pounds wrestler body.

Adams though did wrestle at a junior college, so he has experience on the ground..

This fight could be one where HARDY just Ko's Adams who looks like a lazy NBA Centre-- Has all the size and tools but is lazy out of shape and doesent really have the killer instinct..

If ADAMS can get HARDY down and make it a ground match, I think ADAMS can win easily..

IF ADAMS cannot get the match to the ground I could see HARDY winning via strikes--

I don't really see 2 guys around 6'4 280 pounds engaging in a wrestling match.. These are 2 fighters with suspect cardio, and just size and power....

Hardy might have a better training camp....

I was completely DISGUSTED when Adams fought the guy that I know-- Both fighters were completely gassed making me question their training camps? Like do these guys just train 1-2 hours a day and not diet? THey seriously looked like complete jokes out there cardio wise--

Hardy may have a real training camp behind him, I am of the belief that ADAMS does not have a real training team, he is more of a REGIONAL level talent.

I think if we can dissect this match, it will be a very easy match for one of these 2 guys..

By the way the guy that I knew beat ADAMS by decision but the UFC cut him afterwards, did not offer him a contract ..

Knowing the guy that I know, who had no martial arts experience just wrestling and the fact that ADAMS could not inflct any real damage to the guy tells me a lot. Adams even got taken down 2-3 times by a guy 45 pounds lighter--

Sammy Meatballs

Hardy may be able to dispose of ADAMS easily because of

1- Hardy likely has a real training team behind him-- Better coaches- Better drugs- Better trainers- Better everything--

2- Adams could not do damage to the guy that I know-- IF he couldn't knock or even hurt a guy 6 feet 240 pounds I am not sure what he can do to HARDY?

From my research this ADAMS guy was calling other fighters midgets-- This is a guy who walks around at 6'5 310 pounds and cuts down to 265 to make weight-- He is really big-- Had a NFL tryout-- But he looks lazy and slow and lethargic out there--

Will be interesting to see here but I feel that HARDY has more of a MEAN killer instinct than ADAMS who appears to resemble a lazy pot smoker kind of attitude..

However Hardys first 2 fight, he himself showed cracks mainly NO Cardio and no idea what to do on the ground--

I do believe that this match ends fairly quickly-- Both fighters lack cardio and they are both so big-- DOesent take much to end the fight--

Sammy Meatballs

Greg Hardy and Juan Adams fight Saturday during UFC on ESPN 4 at the AT&T Center.
Greg Hardy enters this fight with a 4-1 record and has won 100 percent of his fights by knockout. Hardy won four of his last five fights and is coming off an April win over Dmitry Smolyakov. Hardy is averaging 3.88 significant strikes per minute with an accuracy percentage of 45 percent. Hardy is averaging zero takedowns with an accuracy percentage of zero percent. Hardy bounced back nicely from his first career loss, putting away a guy, who looked like he didn’t want to fight, away in the first round. It’s hard to reply judge how good Hardy is when he’s fighting these lower tier fighters who lack experience or talent to matchup, but it is a positive sign to see him put these guys away with ease. Hardy is an impressive athlete and has clear power in his hands that gives him a punchers chance against anybody. Hardy looked more comfortable and confident in his last fight and appears to have improved his footwork. You’d still like to see Hardy be more effective in the clinch and become more comfortable on the ground, but that is sue to come with him being with American Top Team. Hardy is still raw and has yet to really be tested, but there’s no doubt the skills are there and he’s somebody who could eventually start challenging the big names in the heavyweight division. This will be Hardy’s first career fight outside of the United States.
Juan Adams enters this fight with a 5-1 record and has won 100 percent of his fights by knockout. Adams has split his last two fights and is coming off a May loss to Arjan Singh Bhullar. Adams is averaging 7.84 significant strikes per minute with an accuracy percentage of 60 percent. Adams is averaging 2.74 takedowns with an accuracy percentage of 100 percent. Adams is coming off his first career decision and his first loss, so it’s going to be interesting to see how he responds from adversity. Adams has good technique for somebody who had just one amateur fight and turned pro a couple of years ago. Adams can still improve his punching accuracy, but he puts combinations together nicely and showed against Shawn Teed that he can take a shot as well. Adams has been at his best in the clinch where he has impressive takedown ability and eventually puts fights away with relentless ground and pound. Once Adams gets in the full mount, he unloads powerful fists and elbows, and it’s where his best work up to this point has come. Adams has been impressive for somebody with very limited experience. This will be Adams’ second career fight in Canada.
The odds aren’t lying when it comes to this fight, as you can make a case for either guy and the lack of experience and competition up to this point makes it hard to figure out just how good either fighter is. Adams has the better technique at this moment and would have a considerable edge if this fight went to the canvas. However, Hardy is the better standup striker and has been tough to takedown in his last few fights. Hardy also has a good team behind him, so he’s somebody who gets better and looks more comfortable every time he steps into the octagon.
I’m giving the edge to Hardy.

AS SUSPECTED HARDY IS A MEMBER OF AMERICAN TOP TEAM while ADAMS has no TEAM, just a Regional level type of fighter--

This could be a huge mismatch as Hardy has real fighters at TOP TEAM to train him and strategize with him,

Big daddy naught

Hardy vs Adams basically has one of two outcomes. Either Hardy KOs him early, or if Adams is able to get the fight on the ground he wins. I highly doubt Adams is capable of KOing Hardy, who should have power and speed on his side. Of course his footwork for MMA is still a work in progress, but he’s got hands. He’s not afraid to get hit bc he knows if he lands one it can end the fight. That said, when he has gotten taken down he’s looked absolutely clueless. Doesn’t know how to defend, or how to try and get back up, that’s Adams only path to victory imo. He has to get the fight to the mat and use top control bc once he’s down, unless ATT has fixed that severe hole in his game, Hardy ain’t getting back up. I’ll prob play Hardy ITD bc I think Dana really wants his name in the ufc and as such are just feeding him cans until he’s ready for real competition.

Sammy Meatballs

Hardy vs Adams basically has one of two outcomes. Either Hardy KOs him early, or if Adams is able to get the fight on the ground he wins. I highly doubt Adams is capable of KOing Hardy, who should have power and speed on his side. Of course his footwork for MMA is still a work in progress, but he’s got hands. He’s not afraid to get hit bc he knows if he lands one it can end the fight. That said, when he has gotten taken down he’s looked absolutely clueless. Doesn’t know how to defend, or how to try and get back up, that’s Adams only path to victory imo. He has to get the fight to the mat and use top control bc once he’s down, unless ATT has fixed that severe hole in his game, Hardy ain’t getting back up. I’ll prob play Hardy ITD bc I think Dana really wants his name in the ufc and as such are just feeding him cans until he’s ready for real competition.
Brilliant Writeup!!!!

Totally agree with everything.. Especially with the difference in HAND SPEED-- Adams looked slow vs the guy that I know- He lacked any real hand speed. I have seen HARDY and he has fast hands and is very TWITCHY, likely because his path to victory is by KO..

IF I had to compare these 2 fighters athletically it would be like this--

Hardy is a NFL STARTER DEFENSIVE END type of ATHLETE-
Adams is the Practice Roster guy who never really improves and is just there because he is BIG-

I believe HARDY is a much more impressive looking athlete than ADAMS..

I did notice on stats that ADAMS takedown attempts so far in his career has been 100%-- ALthought vs CANS--

It will be interesting to see as ADAMS may have no chance at taking Hardy down or he will find a way to wrestle him down and control him.. However he could not take the guy down that I know who was a Olympic caliber wrestler though..

Sammy Meatballs

Hardy (as much as I dislike him) and Dos Anjos for me.
I like both as well.

I feel that Hardy is being backed by the UFC so in case of a decision its an AUTOMATIC WIN FOR HARDY, as well as being given better trainers and opportunities. Adams as I said has a low budget training team, regional level style--
Hardy at least has real coaches etc--

I also feel that DOSANJOS will win vs Edwards. He is very experienced fighter and is always tough-- he hung tough with USMAN and pretty much everybody he has fought- DOs ANJOS submitted LEE fought TONY and KHABIB- He has fought everyone-- the pickem line tells me that DOS ANJOS should take this match.

Big daddy naught

Great analysis Sammy. I think you’re on point in both matchups. I agree that the ufc wants Hardy to win and will do everything they can to allow him to do so for as long as they can “baby” him.

The co-main is interesting. You got RDA, the vet, who has basically faced the elite of the ufc, in multiple weight classes, and looked dominant in most of them, versus the up and comer that ufc is hoping is one of their next stars. I’ll be honest, I know nothing about Edwards minus seeing him beat Cerrone, getting into a “brawl” backstage with Masvidal, and that his brother fights in Bellator lol.

skanless13

I like both as well.

I feel that Hardy is being backed by the UFC so in case of a decision its an AUTOMATIC WIN FOR HARDY, as well as being given better trainers and opportunities. Adams as I said has a low budget training team, regional level style--
Hardy at least has real coaches etc--

I also feel that DOSANJOS will win vs Edwards. He is very experienced fighter and is always tough-- he hung tough with USMAN and pretty much everybody he has fought- DOs ANJOS submitted LEE fought TONY and KHABIB- He has fought everyone-- the pickem line tells me that DOS ANJOS should take this match.
Funny. The line to me is pointing towards an Edwards win even though i think Dos Anjos is the superior fighter. Dos Anjos is more well known and has been around much longer.... thought Dos would be a favorite. The line is the one thing giving me pause... seems too easy.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Alright, everybody...

If you had to put all your money on one UFC fighter tonight, who would it be?
That's a tough one as I'd hate to put all my money on one fighter. But to answer your question, probably on a total, UNDER 1.5 rounds on Greg Hardy fight. Hardy has 5 mma fights, and each one of them has gone under 1.5 rounds. Three of them have been under a minute. Hardy starts off the fight ready to take his opponents head off. The only thing I fear is if he gasses, he'll have no power to finish anybody.

Juan Adams on the other side has 4 first round KOs in his 6 fights. Definitely won't be putting all my money on it though, just a regular one unit bet.

Sammy Meatballs

That's a tough one as I'd hate to put all my money on one fighter. But to answer your question, probably on a total, UNDER 1.5 rounds on Greg Hardy fight. Hardy has 5 mma fights, and each one of them has gone under 1.5 rounds. Three of them have been under a minute. Hardy starts off the fight ready to take his opponents head off. The only thing I fear is if he gasses, he'll have no power to finish anybody.

Juan Adams on the other side has 4 first round KOs in his 6 fights. Definitely won't be putting all my money on it though, just a regular one unit bet.
I think this match ends quickly.

Even if hardy gasses he will get finished fast also. If fight hits the ground hardy may tap fast also.

I can’t see this going to second round.

Last Adams match he fought a guy that I know a wrestler. It went to decision but both guys cardio was non existent. Hardy will go for the win right away. Either he finishes or might get finished by himself

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
missed 1st couple but really like borg a lot in next fight up

Leggo​
7/20/2019 6:30 PM Reduced Fighting 2002 Ray Borg* -165 vs Gabriel Silva
6/3.64

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
[1-0 +3.64]​
  • 7/20/2019 7:00 PM MMA Props Fighting 1907 Modafferi wins by 3 round decision* +180 vs Not Modafferi by 3 round decision
    1.5/2.7
  • 7/20/2019 7:00 PM Reduced Fighting 1901 Roxanne Modafferi* +120 vs Jennifer Maia
    3/3.6

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
[1-2 -0.86]​
  • 7/20/2019 7:30 PM Reduced Fighting 1802 Klidson Abreu* -160 vs Sam Alvey
    1.04/.65
  • 7/20/2019 7:30 PM Reduced Fighting 1801 Sam Alvey/Klidson Abreu* Under 2½ -127
    2.54/2

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
What event is on tonight?

Can anyone get me an ace or a legit Paq stream?
but it you really need one, I got a few

================================
UFC (Fight Night: Edwards vs dos Anjos):
================================

===================================
Boxing (Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman):
===================================

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
[3-4 -1.85]​
  • 7/20/2019 9:00 PM Reduced Fighting 1501 Andrei Arlovski/Ben Rothwell* Over 2½ -137
    1.37/10.00
  • 7/20/2019 9:00 PM Reduced Fighting 1502 Ben Rothwell* -170 vs Andrei Arlovski
    1.7/1

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
In their first meeting 11 years ago (almost to the day!), it was Andrei Arlovski who saw his hand raised after knocking Ben Rothwell out in the third round. At that time, Arlovski was a finishing machine, having picked up all but one of his first 14 wins by KO or submission; today’s version of Arlovski is not that, to put it kindly. “The Pitbull” hasn’t finished an opponent since May 2015.

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
[4-5 -2.55]​
7/20/2019 9:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1439 Trinaldo (scorecards = no action)* +160 vs Hernandez (scorecards = no action)
if fight goes to scorecards all wagers are no action
2.25/3.6

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
Francisco Trinaldo vs Alexander Hernandez - Live in play wagering in between rounds - Internet Only
Sat 7/20 1401 Francisco Trinaldo -190
9:30PM 1402 Alexander Hernandez +150

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
Lame ass fight. How do you get a KO of the night when everything goes the distance?? I doubt Hard goes 3 rounds though