• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2020 Texas Rangers entire season thread

BringInTheLefty

Yes I’m a few months early but for me the season never ends

here is our 2020 season projected infield & outfield our pitching staff will have many changes but I’ll briefly discuss them

1B: Ronald Guzman possible FA Jose Abreu
2B: Odor (sadly) but 3 years & $36 million left
SS: Elvis
3B: Moustakas or Donaldson
OF: Gallo
OF: Mazara
OF: Calhoun
OF backups: DeShields Choo
C: Trevino

SP: Minor
SP: Lynn
SP: Ryu
SP: FA
SP: Allard

RP: Montero
RP: Leclerc
RP: Clase
RP: Chavez
RP: Sampson

we need at least one left handed arm, hopefully add two

Ryu? interesting

Guess they like that OF enough not to deal Minor for Betts

about Ryu it’s 95% he’s on next years team...
our OF is packed but trading Minor I’d say is close to a zero % chance
new ballpark or not they need to be competitive now fans won’t keep coming

were there big attendance problems last year? It seems to me that the games were always well attended when i watched on mlb.tv and part of me wonders how much that even matters with all the revenue sharing...

I also know that the ballpark is in a tough spot considering there's no easy way to get to Arlington from Dallas and it seems like they missed on guessing where the population would increase cuz it seems to be in Plano and Frisco

yesterday we traded Nomar Mazara to the White Sox for a center field prospect Steele Walker
Willie Calhoun will now play LF everyday & Joey Gallo RF

our pitching staff has really improved

Kluber
Minor
Lynn
Gibson
Lyles

I think we will get Marte & a big name at 3B
very happy this offseason so far

Spring Training starts in just 2 days, I can’t wait

On paper we are better, but I’m very disappointed that we have Todd Frazier as our 3B
Guzman at 1B is also disappointing

On a positive note our starting rotation is very good:

Kluber
Minor
Lynn
Gibson
Lyles

Pen:
Leclerc (CL)
Montero
Chavez
Rodriguez
Martin
Farrell
Goody
Evans
Mendez
Huang
Gibaut
Dillard
Volquez
Flynn
Hernandez
Nicasio

Still hope we get a 1B & real 3B
Can’t wait to watch the fans reaction in the new ball park
Next week I’ll have my regular season prediction
Also I’m proud to be doing this for the third year in a row

Cubs have made significant progress on a 3 team trade with the Braves & Rangers, which could will send Bryant to Atlanta
many moving parts, and with spring training around the corner, a sense of urgency on all sides

They stole Kluber from the sounds of it. Crazy to think of the rangers and having one the better starting rotations around which could absolutely happen. How is that new park gonna play?

They stole Kluber from the sounds of it. Crazy to think of the rangers and having one the better starting rotations around which could absolutely happen. How is that new park gonna play?

disagree completely, Clase is gonna be a stud closer and Kluber is aging. Daniels not recognizing that the bullpen is infinitely better/more important on a roster than SP sounds like par for the course

disagree completely, Clase is gonna be a stud closer and Kluber is aging. Daniels not recognizing that the bullpen is infinitely better/more important on a roster than SP sounds like par for the course

I said “sounds of it”, I’m not real hip on many teams prospects. I just read folks say they didn’t give up much. Certainly don’t think shipping kluber out hurts the tribe cause they stacked with quality pitching. I do like kluber for the rangers tho, they have a really solid pitching staff imo.

we are in very big trouble at 1B
Bird can’t hit nor can Guzman he is 3-17 as of yesterday morning
Scott Heineman will most likely be our fourth OFer
as of this morning we are 7-4 in Spring Training today we have Lynn on the mound vs the Rockies

Kiner-Falefa is smacking the ball around this spring, so I think they'll want to get him in the lineup everyday. Maybe move Frazier from 3rd to 1st and let Isiah take the hot corner...he has a better chance of filling Beltre's shoes than Frazier anyway.

Guzzie should be in Round Rock pretty quick...just another in a long line of players who've shown some occasional spark, but just can't bring it day in and day out.

Willie Calhoun got hit in the jaw with a 94 mph pitch today, doesn’t look good at all
this would be a major loss for us

Update on Willie Calhoun who was hit in the mouth area by a Julio Urias pitch in today’s game. A CT scan and examination revealed he has a fracture of his jaw. He is expected to undergo further evaluation on Monday.

I seem to remember Willie always having the flap on his batting helmet last year?

Seems like spring training is the time to be damn sure you have it on there...what with the pitchers messing around with grips and deliveries and such.

great news on Willie Calhoun, he has gained back most of his strength
on monday he took ground balls & fly balls at Glibe Life
wednesday he was in the batting cages at Globe Life
Willie will be ready if there’s an opening day this year
The stadium is opened for the players to use but only in accordance with all social distance rules

Gallo,Andrus,Solak,Trevino & Santana were all in the cages this week

because he is currently a ranger, and this video is great.

lmfao. I stopped at level 1 but look forward to the rest of it after dinner!! He must be unbelievable behind the plate at framing pitches, throwing out runners, and handling staffs! Why else in gods name has this dude had such a long career? Those numbers he posted at the plate the season they highlighted in 1st 2 minutes I’m pretty confident I could match! Surely we could run into one every now and again?!?!!!! Not like he doesn’t see a whole bunch of mediocre pitchers throughout a season.

Ok we’re back, hopefully

we will be playing ten games against the Astros,A’s,Angels & Mariners
4 games against the Dodgers,Giants,Padres,Rockies & Diamondbacks
I’m hoping for a 36-24 record

one thing I’m very concerned is that within a week to ten days a covid-19 outbreak & the season comes to a halt

Ok we’re back, hopefully

one thing I’m very concerned is that within a week to ten days a covid-19 outbreak & the season comes to a halt
Anything can happen.

It will certainly be interesting but going with positive thoughts for now.

Gonna be something unlike anything we've ever seen.

Ok we’re back, hopefully

36-24???

who is going to score runs

opening day, just 48 hours away

Todd Frazier will be the starting 1B & Kiner-Falefa will be starting 3B
Choo-Choo will be in left

our 30 man roster is set, not sure why we have three catchers on it

I still think we get to 33 wins, key will be our ‘pen not having Montero ready hurts

SP’s:
Minor
Lynn
Lyles
Kluber
Gibson

‘Pen:
Allard
Chavez
Farrell
Goody
Hernandez
Gibaut
Leclerc
Palumbo
Volquez

Catchers
Trevino
Mathis
Chirinos

Infielders:
Andrus
Frazier
Guzman
Odor
Kiner-Falefa

Outfielders:
Choo-Choo
Gallo
Calhoun
Santana
Solak
Taveras
Heineman

Any advantage to pitchers or hitters park? Wind blowing in at 13mph tonight

I came in here and was thinking “damn did I already read this and post”! Turns out my cards avatar little different! Lol. Cards fans!

well here we go, opening night of our new ballpark
not the way we expected it to be but time to play ball....

Lynn vs Marquez
we are currently slight favorites -121

#TogetherWe

Such a bummer ya’ll opening a new park and can’t attend!! Turns out 33 wins should get you comfortably into the playoffs. Hell 30 should do it! lol

Any advantage to pitchers or hitters park? Wind blowing in at 13mph tonight

They shortened up the power alleys on both sides of the field, which will benefit the hitters, but the big factor is the retractable roof.
Weatherman is calling for mid-90's tonight and I assume they'll close the roof, which will negate the wind...then again, without fans, maybe they leave it open?

They shortened up the power alleys on both sides of the field, which will benefit the hitters, but the big factor is the retractable roof.
Weatherman is calling for mid-90's tonight and I assume they'll close the roof, which will negate the wind...then again, without fans, maybe they leave it open?
good info

Yeah, w/o fans...definitely could influence the decision.

Hey Lefty, hypothetical question for ya:

If we overcome our own bullpen, sneak into the playoffs, catch fire and win the world series...do we consider it a legit end to the 40-year drought?

I’m 95% sure the roof will be closed tonight

I miss back when the wind blowing in created that jet stream out! Of course they did something to block it the last few years at the old place anyways :(

definitely cheaper to keep the roof open and not pay AC bills. I still am wondering how TEX will score runs?

two high powered offenses & they combined scored just one run
thankfully it was scored by the good guys, as we win our opener 1-0
Lynn pitched 6 solid innings only giving up 2 hits struck out 9 and walked 4
Chavez & Hernandez each pitched one inning & Leclerc got the save
our offense was offensive, mustering only 3 hits
Odor’s only hit knocked in our lone run
on a positive note we only struck out 6 times as a team

better to start the season with a W than a L
1-0 tomorrow Minor takes the mound

our dream of going 60-0 came to a halt today as we lost 3-2
Minor threw 98 pitches in five innings, he gave up 3 hits 2 runs one was earned struck out 6 and walked 1
our offense still not good, we mustered 8 hits today
Gallo had 2 of them
Choo-Choo & Gallo each knocked in one
as a team we struck out 8 times
went 2-10 with RISP and left 12 on base
we also committed 2 errors

we stand at 1-1 heading into tomorrow’s game Kluber takes to the hill....

Back