• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2020 MLB RSW Thread

aplous

Donkey Hater
Haven't seen a thread yet so I'll get it going. I've had good luck the last 3 years hitting 1-2 when I go to Vegas in March. Last year I hit Jays Under as it was evident they weren't in a hurry to win when they started Vlad Jr in the minors.

1581521410928.png

Some early thoughts:

AZ and LAD got better and I think SD as well. Giants could be awful and same with Colorado if they deal Arenado.

Twins and CWS got better, Detroit still awful and will continue to sell this year I think.

AL East...Boston I think will continue to sell and is a candidate to go .500. Early leans for me:

NL Central....Pirates might lose 100 now that Cincy looks to be better even though Cubs and STL didn't improve much

AZ Over 83.5
Twins Over 92.5
Tigers Under 57.5
Boston Under 85.5
Pirates Under 70.5
SF Under 70.5
LAD Over 100.5

Reds & White Sox will be popular over bets with good reason but the starting pitching still worries me.

PIT und
NYY ov
LAD ov
ATL ov (that’s a big difference from their finish last season, not sure why without really digging in)
BAL und (can’t set it low enough)
MIN ov

Braves bullpen should be better this year. Hamels out a month. Rotation probably similar to last year. Max Fried biggest key to their season IMO. Who knows what you get with headcase Folty.

Lose Donaldson's glove and bat at 3rd. Camargo probably OD 3b with Austin Riley starting in AAA. Marcell Ozuna should shoulder some of the offensive load lost with Donaldson

Division is still salty. Phillies have to be better just by having Girardi instead of meathead Kapler.

Braves bullpen should be better this year. Hamels out a month. Rotation probably similar to last year. Max Fried biggest key to their season IMO. Who knows what you get with headcase Folty.

Lose Donaldson's glove and bat at 3rd. Camargo probably OD 3b with Austin Riley starting in AAA. Marcell Ozuna should shoulder some of the offensive load lost with Donaldson

Division is still salty. Phillies have to be better just by having Girardi instead of meathead Kapler.

I knew Donaldson was gone, wasn’t really sure what other big moves would be impacting them. Ozuna is a plus, you’re right it should help offset Donaldson’s production.

Hamels may never be right. Hes old, thrown a ton of innings. Was never right after his mid season injury last year. Getting 5 innings out of him was about as much as you could hope for.

I knew Donaldson was gone, wasn’t really sure what other big moves would be impacting them. Ozuna is a plus, you’re right it should help offset Donaldson’s production.

makes the defense considerably worse tho. It a adventure every time Ozuna gets a fly ball hit his way.

On a note that's probably too related to justify creating a new thread...anybody have any strong plays on division futures?

Reds are a popular bet and I see why. Cubs could be sellers and Cardinals did nothing to replace Ozuna.

Oakland is another that could be worth a shot. Not looking to go against NYY or LAD even if their odds are inflated.

I’m worried about cards offense but not replacing ozuna, he way below average in the field and was like a 109 wrc+ his time here. That isn’t all that tough to replace imo. I think Tyler O’Neal or la Thomas getting 500 abs playing left could easily match the production we lost from Ozuna. I miss the pitcher we traded for him 2 years ago much more than I miss him
already! Lol.

I do like the reds over regardless.

I mean look what Ozuna ended up signing for. Think it fair to say cards could have brought him back rather easily if they thought he was that big a help. Also fair to say nobody thinks as highly of Ozuna as him and his agent did. Lol

Guess the only problem with Oakland over is the west is incredibly deep. Still hard not to like it when they have won 97 games both the last 2 years, still have a filthy pen, young starters on the rise, and those young corner infield studs prob still have room to be even better. If they can get any kind of bounce back from Davis back to his typical average and 45+ homers they be in great shape once again.

kinda like the rangers over. They look like a .500 team to me which all it take the cash. Good rotation and excitement of a new park outta push them over 78.5. Not sure about their pen, 3rd base they had to settle but again, not a huge number.

I love the rays. Morton, Glastnow, and snell as good as any 3 in the league imo. I’m afraid cards once again made a mistake evaluating our outfield talent and sent who might turn out to be the best one to rays (Arozarena), nothing new, cards as bad evaluating their outfield talent as they are good with pitchers! I think Martinez will rake for them as a platoon Dh. Rays so good taking guys talents and fitting them in to excel! With sevi going down it wouldn’t shock me at all if Rays find a way to win the al East. They prob come in just behind yanks but well into the 90s imo.

Pirates under seems like a foregone conclusion to me. They gonna be everyone in centrals whipping boys! Cheap fucks are really bending their fans over with that pathetic payroll!! I’d be sick if I was a fan of that team, I’m seriously offended by it just as a fan of the game. Is any team trying less than this shitbag organization?

Pirates under seems like a foregone conclusion to me. They gonna be everyone in centrals whipping boys! Cheap fucks are really bending their fans over with that pathetic payroll!! I’d be sick if I was a fan of that team, I’m seriously offended by it just as a fan of the game. Is any team trying less than this shitbag organization?

Glasnow, Meadows, Baz for Archer. Seriously I dont know how anyone in Pittsburgh puts up with that shitshow.

Glasnow, Meadows, Baz for Archer. Seriously I dont know how anyone in Pittsburgh puts up with that shitshow.

lol. Yea that gonna go down as a all timer far as bad trades goes I think! Unless you are Tampa of course. When you cheap as fuck the last thing you can afford is to trade away the cheaper more cost controlled and significantly better players for the bum with the biggest contract.

Also makes you wonder wtf going on with their pitching philosophy when you see how dominate glastnow looks like he may be now that he away from that shit show.

i really feel for their fans, they deserve much much better.

Why are the Padres 83 after winning 70 games last year?

that is a big jump but think a good case can be made for them. Pads prob another year away from contention but .500ish seems very doable to me. The money they have spent on hosmer and machado last few years might not have been smart money but at least they trying.

SF could lose 90-100 in that division and Colorado should stink also. Tough for me to make another investment in that division as I'll be betting AZ Over and LAD in some fashion to win NL or WS.

SF could lose 90-100 in that division and Colorado should stink also. Tough for me to make another investment in that division as I'll be betting AZ Over and LAD in some fashion to win NL or WS.

Rox could be a real mess as it sounds like arenado is unhappy.

On a note that's probably too related to justify creating a new thread...anybody have any strong plays on division futures?

You won’t like this but I feel like reds at +350 is probably worth a shot. Oakland same price worth a dabble imo. I didn’t see a price for rays, just yanks vs field at +275. Don’t really think it worth taking less to get the other al East teams since rays the only team who has a chance to knock them off imo.

Back