• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2019 Texas Rangers entire season thread

Scored four in the bottom of the first & never looked back winning 5-0 record is now 49-42
Lynn was exceptional throwing 7.0 innings scattering 6 hits no runs walked 2 and struck out 11 his record is now 12-4
Odor went 2/3 knocking in 2 now batting .198
Andrus,Gallo & Mathis all knocked in 1
Went 6-11 with RISP left 9 on base & struck out 8 times

Chavez takes to the hill tonight against Cole

Could be the win that changed the entire season, we were down 8-4 heading into the bottom of the 7th & went on to win 9-8 our record stands at 50-42
Chavez was terrible pitching 5.1 giving up 7 hits 7 runs 6 of them earned walked 2 struck out 3 & gave up 3 HR’s
Choo-Choo,Santana,Gallo,Federowicz & Guzman all hit HR’s
Guzman’s was the biggest his 2 run shot tied the game at 8
Santana singled home the winning run in the bottom of the 9th
We went 2-8 with RISP left 7 on base & we struck out 17 times

On a three game win streak, beating the ‘Stros twice in a row is quite a way to start off the second half...,

Minor takes to the hill tonight

It took 11 innings but we lost 7-6 our record now stands at 50-43
Minor lasted only 5 innings giving up 7 hits 4 runs all earned walked 3 struck out 7 & gave up one solo HR
Choo-Choo,Santana & DeShields all hit solo HR’s
Went 1-8 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 12 times
Andrus went 0-4
Gallo 0-5 with 3 strike outs

Jurado takes to the hill today vs Justin Verlander

Was a close game until the 7th inning, Astros exploded for 7 runs & go on to win 12-4 our record stands at 50-45
Ended up splitting the series
Jurado went only 4.0 innings giving up 7 hits 5 runs all earned walked 4 struck out 3
Biddle & Bird got lit up
Calhoun,Mazara,Odor & Santana each knocked in one run
Went 3-5 with RISP and left 5 on base struck out 10 times
Odor went 1-4 now batting .194

Off tomorrow, Diamondbacks come to town on Tuesday

Saturday was brutal, Woodard has to be better with his pitcher choices i think. Leaving Martin in for Springer and beyond was really silly

Is Danny Santana going to play everyday now? He should have Odor's job already, but it didn't seem to me like that was gonna happen

Saturday was brutal, Woodard has to be better with his pitcher choices i think. Leaving Martin in for Springer and beyond was really silly

Is Danny Santana going to play everyday now? He should have Odor's job already, but it didn't seem to me like that was gonna happen

Santana is penciled in to start every day but Rangers front office was hoping that Odor would show something so hopefully a team would take him
Pence will be back tomorrow vs Diamondbacks & even Kiner-Falefa should be back meaning Mathis is going back down

An old fashioned ass kicking now losers of 3 in a row 9-2 our record now stands at 50-45
Lynn went 6.0 innings gave up 8 hits 5 runs all of them earned walked 1 struck out 6 & gave up a 2 run HR
Guerrieri pitched 0.1 he gave up 2 hits 4 runs all earned and walked up, his ERA is 108.00
Elvis got his 48th RBI
Gallo hit his 22nd HR a solo shot & now has 49 RBI’s batting .267
Went 0-4 with RISP left 5 on base & struck out only 5 times
Pence was our DH & went 0-4

Chavez goes to the hill in a must win situation we are off tomorrow then heading to Houston to face the Astros
We are 2-3 in this crucial 9 game stretch

We were down 14-3 after three & went on to lose 19-4 our pitchers gave up 5 HR’s record now stands at 50-46 losers of four in a row
Chavez went only 0.2 yes 0.2 gave up 5 hits 7 runs all of them earned walked 1 and gave up 1 HR
Sampson didn’t do any better 1.1 innings gave up 5 hits 5 runs all earned walked 1 & gave up 2 HR’s
Valdez & Bird stunk it up as well
Santana went 2/4 both of his hits were HR’s he’s now got 13 for the year, he drove in 3
Forsythe drove in our other run
Went 0-3 with RISP & left 4 on base struck out 14 times

A much needed day off today, it’s not a coincidence on the day our front office says many on the trade block the team just quit
We head to Houston for three games starting tomorrow night
Minor vs Verlander in what will be Minor’s last start as a Ranger
Jurado on Saturday & Lynn on Sunday
On paper we could win 2 out of 3 let’s see if we wake up or continue our downward spiral

We are in Houston tonight for a three game series, Minor vs Verlander tonight
Let’s see if the team has “packed their bags” or going to regroup & win a few games
My thoughts are we will come out swinging & get to Verlander, Minor will pitch a gem
Should be a very live dog tonight

This game was decided in four pitches, during the span Astros hit 3 HR’s & hung on to win 4-3 our record is now 50-47 losers of five in a row
Minor went 7.0 innings giving up 7 hits 4 runs all earned walked 1 struck out 10 but gave up 4 solo HR’s
Elvis,Odor & Cabrera each knocked in a run
Danny Santana went 3/5
Pence went 2/4
Here’s the main reason we lost went 0-11 with RISP left 11 on base & struck out 15 times
Gallo went 0-5 striking out 4 times now batting .261

Jurado heads to the hill today expect a lot of scoring from both teams

Not much to say we lost 6-1 now losers of six in a row, our record is 50-48
I blame the front office & ownership for this mess we are in, of course the players need to still try but all this trade distraction spilled over into our clubhouse
Yes we were better than I thought & many others but this past week has been a disgrace

Jurado went only 5.0 gave up 8 hits 5 runs all earned walked 1 struck out 5 & gave up one HR
Our offense was offensive as we only mustered 2 hits
Choo-Choo drove in our only run
We left 1 on base & struck out 13 more times, in our last 3 games we’ve struck out 42 times

Lynn goes to the hill tomorrow afternoon before we head to Seattle

Once again giving up the long ball was costly as we get swept by the Astros losing 5-3 our record is now 50-49
Lynn struck out 12 while pitching 7.0 innings but gave up 2 HR’s allowing a total of 7 hits 4 runs all earned & walking 2
Kelley came in to pitch but felt discomfort & never faced a batter will now get a MRI
Santana, Forsythe & Mathis all drove in one run
Went 1-5 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 13 times
Odor & Gallo each went 0-4 Joey striking out all 4 times
Gallo went 0-12 in the series with 9 strikeouts now batting .253
After the game locker room was closed so the players & Woody could talk things over after just getting swept by the ‘Stros & we’ve now lost 7 in a row one game over .500

Off to Seattle for 3 games, Sampson takes to the hill tonight

This slump has allowed the Rangers to do what is best for their future which means trading away short term assets for good prospects. Its been a nice season for this team but it would have been foolish to believe that this team was contending.

This slump has allowed the Rangers to do what is best for their future which means trading away short term assets for good prospects. Its been a nice season for this team but it would have been foolish to believe that this team was contending.

At no time did I ever think they were contenders, but I do blame the front office for this funk we are in
We could have been a .500 team & given the fans something to feel good about heading into next year instead we will stagger to the finish line with many more questions than answers
Our pen is a mess, starting rotation when Minor gets traded is full of questions marks except for Lynn
I for one enjoyed the run we were on does this funk surprise me? not at all what I’d like to see is if we pick ourselves off the floor this week or it’s time to turn out the lights our season is over

At no time did I ever think they were contenders, but I do blame the front office for this funk we are in
We could have been a .500 team & given the fans something to feel good about heading into next year instead we will stagger to the finish line with many more questions than answers
Our pen is a mess, starting rotation when Minor gets traded is full of questions marks except for Lynn
I for one enjoyed the run we were on does this funk surprise me? not at all what I’d like to see is if we pick ourselves off the floor this week or it’s time to turn out the lights our season is over

I understand your frustration with the way your team has been playing but does it really make a difference if the team ends up with 82 or 78 wins. If I were a fan of the Rangers I would be closely watching the minor league system and hoping that guys like Minor fetch a good package. Your focus should be on how to improve enough the next few seasons to beat Houston who is arguably the best run team in baseball and Oakland who also has a real good young team.

Down 5-2 after four innings & we go on to lose our 8th in a row 7-3 record now stands at 50-50
Sampson went 5.1 innings giving up 8 hits 6 runs all earned walked 2 struck out 4 & gave up 1 HR
Choo-Choo, Pence & Odor all drove in one run
Odor went 3/4 but still only batting .196
Elvis went 2/4
Went 3-8 with RISP left 8 on base & struck out 7 times
Gallo was given the night off

Kelley went on the 10 day IL with soreness in the biceps in his right shoulder
We called up Rafael Montero

Tonight we will be using an opener Brett Martin then rookie Pedro Payano will hopefully gives us 5/6 innings

We have now lost 14 out of our last 18 and our starters ERA is 6.89

Powered by 2 Odor HR’s we broke our losing streak winning 7-2 our record is now 51-50
Martin our opener threw 1.0 giving up 1 earned run
Payano lasted 5.0 innings giving up 3 hits 1 run which was earned walked 1 struck out 7 he earned the W
Odor went 3/4 knocking in 3 runs hitting 2 HR’s he’s now got 17 on the year
Choo-Choo,Mazara,Cabrera & Federowicz all drove in one run
Choo-Choo hit his 17th
Mazara hit his 14th
Gallo went 1-4 striking out twice
We went 2-6 with RISP left 3 on base striking out 6 times

Minor takes to the hill this afternoon , I hope for not the last time in a Rangers uniform

Lost 5-3 in our get out of town game, record is now 51-51 we have lost 15 of our last 20 games
Joey Gallo back to Dallas with a broken wrist he’s heading to the DL, won’t be surprised if he’s done for the season
He was 7-52 in July with 31 K’s
Minor went 6 innings giving up 8 hits 5 runs 4 of them earned walked 1 struck out 5 & gave up 2 solo HR’s
Odor hit a 3 run HR his 18th going 1-4
Mazara,Pence & Santana all went 2-4
We went 1-9 with RISP left 5 on base & struck out 9 times
Willie Calhoun was called back up

Off to Oakland for a four game series Jurado takes to the hill

Joey Gallo will undergo surgery to repair a broken hamate bone, recovery time on this varies only 3-6 weeks
or an best-case scenario, I present exhibit A: Matt Olson, who had the surgery in March & still has 21 HR this year.