• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage Black Discussion and In-Game

check out this HOT Euro Tour player Jorge Campillo for the PGA Championship. he is listed as qualified and was 500-1 "to win" opening odds @ Westgate. now still 200-1 and I think a good "value" long shot

his last 5 tourneys he has gone:
WIN Trophee Hassan [-9] last week
solo 3rd Indian Open [-7]
tied 20th Maybank [-7]
tied 2nd Qatar [-11]
tied 2nd Oman [-6]

AND he is tied for the lead 1st round of the China Open this week [-7]

"George" Campillo gets solo 3rd in China [-19]. now 250-1 @ Westgate for the PGA Championship. Finnish journeyman Mikko Korhonen [20-1] wins in a playoff over young Frenchman Ben Hebert who was the 3rd round leader. the ChiCom Haotong Li [-16] solo 4th. think he is worth a "sprinkle" @ 200-1 for PGA @ Westgate

be interesting to see what Campillo does next week. could play the British Masters in England. grab a spot in the Byron Nelson in Texas or just take the week off and travel to Bethpage to practice. he has played a LOT of golf so far this season

Interesting stuff @LeRinkRat . Thanks for noting. Does he have any good in history in the states?

I don't think "George" has played any PGA events. he is taking the week before the PGA off

added "Euro Trash" to the PGA lineup week of June 6th per https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/major-qualifiers.html

Kurt Kitayama 300-1 WIN Mauritius Open [-20] WIN Oman Open [-7]
Mikko Korhonen 500-1 WIN China Open [-20] playoff
David Lipsky 500-1 WIN Leopard Creek [-14]
Mike Lorenzo-Vera 500-1 T-5th China Open [-15] T-2nd Qatar Masters [-11]
Julian Suri 300-1 T-2nd Trophee Haasan II [-7] T-4th Indian Open [-6] Euro Tour winner
Erik van Rooyen 500-1 T-2nd Trophee Haasan II [-7] T-6th Indian Open [-5] T-2nd Qatar Masters [-11]
Jazz Janewattananond 500-1 WIN Singapore Open [-18]

Justin Harding @ 200-1 may be THE best long shot on the board after "George". VERY consistent player with WIN Qatar Masters [-13] T-2nd Kenya Open [-15] the next week. solo 4th Vic Open [-16] T-7th DDC [-15] solo 4th Mauritius Open [-17] he is a multiple winner on the Asian and Sunshine tours. will be interesting to see HOW he does at the Byron Nelson :)

Last edited:
Nope, walkers only. I played it about 25 years ago before the refurbishing. It was fairly easy to get on in the afternoons because of the no cart rule and that its so difficult. They think it's brutal now? Try playing it with unraked traps! You could tell back then that with a little TLC it could be a major championship course.

I have tickets for the Saturday round. Working on a golf-racing doubleheader, PGA in the morning, Belmont (and Preakness) in the afternoon. Maybe King Umberto's for dinner.

Nope, walkers only. I played it about 25 years ago before the refurbishing. It was fairly easy to get on in the afternoons because of the no cart rule and that its so difficult. They think it's brutal now? Try playing it with unraked traps! You could tell back then that with a little TLC it could be a major championship course.

I have tickets for the Saturday round. Working on a golf-racing doubleheader, PGA in the morning, Belmont (and Preakness) in the afternoon. Maybe King Umberto's for dinner.
That. Sounds. Amazing.

ref: It’s raw at Bethpage Black. Rough thick, wet. Temps still in mid-40s

per: https://meteobar.com/united-states/en/bethpage-2889. weather forecast for PGA Championship weekend

Thursday: chance of rain with temp low 52 high 63 and light winds
Friday: chance of rain with temp low 50 high 63 and light winds
Saturday: partly cloudy with temp low 52 high 63 and light winds
sunday: mostly cloudy with temp low 50 high 64 and light winds

Thursday: chance of rain with temp low 52 high 63 and light winds
Friday: chance of rain with temp low 50 high 63 and light winds
Saturday: partly cloudy with temp low 52 high 63 and light winds
sunday: mostly cloudy with temp low 50 high 64 and light winds
looks like late February or early March.
Gonna be close to90 by the end of the week, here.

Justin Thomas withdrew. Wrist still isn't healthy. Too bad. He was primed for a huge year. Been lingering for awhile now.

also saw where Charl Schwartzel and Sam Burns withdrew

interesting high odds on recent PGA Tour winners
Sung Kang @ Byron Nelson [-23] 200-1
Max Homa
@ Wells Fargo [-15] 250-1
CT Pan
@ RBC Heritage [-12] 250-1
Corey Conners
@ Texas Open [-20] 250-1
Graeme McDowell
@ Corales [-18] 250-1
Keith Mitchell
@ Honda Classic [-9] 150-1
Martin Trainer
@ Puerto Rico [-15] 1000-1

Really looking forward to this week! Locked in a tournament match up play...

Fritelli -115 vs Champ - strictly a fade on Champ here plus a bit of a Fritelli fan

just saw some interesting "plus money' "X" match plays @ South Point
Xander Schauffele +135 over Jon Rahm
Xander Schauffele +125 over Rickie Fowler
Xander Schauffele +130 over Jason Day
Xander Schauffele -115 over Francesco Molinari
Xander Schauffele -115 over Tommy Fleetwood

BEST match play bet so far @ South Point :)
Kurt Kitayama +125 over Harold Varner III
"Hello Kitty" two time winner on Euro Tour this season and has made 10 of 14 CUTS
"Da Turd" CUT his last 3 and 5 of last 7 tourneys and low finish the odd two

just saw some interesting "plus money' "X" match plays @ South Point
Xander Schauffele +135 over Jon Rahm
Xander Schauffele +125 over Rickie Fowler
Xander Schauffele +130 over Jason Day
Xander Schauffele -115 over Francesco Molinari
Xander Schauffele -115 over Tommy Fleetwood

BEST match play bet so far @ South Point :)
Kurt Kitayama +125 over Harold Varner III
"Hello Kitty" two time winner on Euro Tour this season and has made 10 of 14 CUTS
"Da Turd" CUT his last 3 and 5 of last 7 tourneys and low finish the odd two
X is always value.

X is always value.

just bopped two "quad" bets @ Westgate
Group C
Francesco Molinari +250
Tommy Fleetwood +255
Xander Schauffele +255 (40/142)
Tony Finau +270
Group E
Matt Kuchar +250 (40/140)
Paul Casey +240
Sergio Garcia +250
Phil Mickelson +300

Really looking forward to this week! Locked in a tournament match up play...

Fritelli -115 vs Champ - strictly a fade on Champ here plus a bit of a Fritelli fan

AND jumped in bed with RBTrojan on Dylan Fritelli -105 (53/103.50) over Cameron "Chump" @ South Point. "Chump" a CUT or <<WD>> his last five tourneys :eek:

BTW, I screwed up NOT waiting on "Hello Kitty" over "Da Turd. he opened +142 @ Westgate once they got their two ball match plays complete which somewhat SCARES me. just WTF does there golf odds maker see in "Da Turd" ??? "Kitty" DID miss the cut in China his last :mad:

Last edited:
Thoughts when you have time.

Rat posted already but I will add on. Last six events he has five MC's and one W/D. He is not good shots gained around the green. He is outside the top 200 in every category EXCEPT getting up and down from the fringe. I think this course will be damp this week, very thick rough, and it will be difficult to hit GIR from off the fairways. This is not the typical grip it and rip it and play wedges from the rough and outscore the little hitters. Fritelli has played in two PGA's and has made the cut in both. I am not thinking Cameron makes the cut this week. This is a play that definitely fits the idea of someone who should make the cut paired against a guy who I think will not make the cut. Now I could be very wrong but that is how I see this match up... I hope that makes sense it is pretty late

Rat posted already but I will add on. Last six events he has five MC's and one W/D. He is not good shots gained around the green. He is outside the top 200 in every category EXCEPT getting up and down from the fringe. I think this course will be damp this week, very thick rough, and it will be difficult to hit GIR from off the fairways. This is not the typical grip it and rip it and play wedges from the rough and outscore the little hitters. Fritelli has played in two PGA's and has made the cut in both. I am not thinking Cameron makes the cut this week. This is a play that definitely fits the idea of someone who should make the cut paired against a guy who I think will not make the cut. Now I could be very wrong but that is how I see this match up... I hope that makes sense it is pretty late
Beautiful, dankya

Bethpage has hosted the Barclay's twice in the past 7 years. Best scoring averages of pros who have played at least 8 rounds in competition there:

Jason Day: 70.0 (8 rounds)
Louis Oosthuizen: 70.125 (8 rounds)
Tiger Woods: 70.16 (12 rounds)
Phil Mickelson: 70.25 (16 rounds)
Sergio Garcia: 70.25 (12 rounds)
Ryan Palmer: 70.5 (8 rounds)
Bubba Watson: 70.5 (12 rounds)
Lee Westwood: 70.5 (8 rounds)
Rickie Fowler: 70.7 (10 rounds)
Rory McIlroy: 70.75 (12 rounds)
Dustin Johnson: 70.75 (12 rounds)
Brandt Snedeker: 70.9 (10 rounds)

General consensus is that players who do well here will be the ones who can drive it long and (relatively) straight and can hit their irons high. I want to fade Spieth, but his prices aren't very good. He's 202nd on tour in SG off the tee and 205th in driving accuracy. That doesn't look like it will bode well for this week, especially if it's damp and cool. Players I like this week are Fowler, Koepka, Day, and Oosthuizen. Also think Tiger contends.

Matchups:

Oosthuizen EV vs Bubba
Finau -115 vs Bryson
Day +120 vs Rahm
Oosthuizen +105 vs Stenson
Sergio -110 vs Scott
Tiger +125 vs Rory
Koepka -115 vs Rose
Koepka +115 vs Rory

May look to back Rickie in some capacity, didn't like his matchups. Might look at some stuff on Phil too.

Not sure, I use a local as well, maybe I just have a bad line?

My local if offering Fowler Top 10 +230.. it drop or am I just getting a great line?

Rickie Fowler
Top 10 is +200 @ Westgate Las Vegas. my "Top" plays are:

Xander Schauffele Top 5 +550 (20/130) & Top 10 +280 (36/136.80)
Jon Rahm Top 10 +200 (50/150)

"X" Top 5 3 of 12 tourneys this season and Top 10 5 of 12. "Rahmbo" Top 10 7 of 11 tourneys this season :)

Two longshots and one play

Gary Woodland 60-1
Kyle Stanley 172 -1

Kyle Stanley -115 over Eddie Pepperell

Two longshots and one play

Gary Woodland 60-1
Kyle Stanley 172 -1

Kyle Stanley -115 over Eddie Pepperell

REALLY ??? Stanley best finish this season T-8th @ Wells Fargo [-7] his last. "Edgy" T-2nd British Masters with "WALL-E" Matt Wallace last week [-15] and T-3rd The Players [-14]. "Edgy" shot a final round [-5] last week to catch "WALL-E" AND was T-6th last years Open Championship [-5]

Faded Kuchar in matchups....played full tourney Oosty vs. him and full tourney Cantlay vs. him as well.

Only hit 3 pre-tourney as I like to see the in-play lines after round 1:

X 28/1
Sergio 48/1
Bubba 60/1

Also played Wise, Bradley and Pieters for 3-Ball 1st round....

GL boys and girls...

What exactly is 3-ball? To me it just looked like the leader of the three golfers in that particular wager. I know jack-shit about golf but played Koepka +135 over Woods & Molinari.

Back