• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2018-2019 Offseason

Question for you baseball guys

Where would you rank Harper ?

I understand that a lot of this is the potential marketing he brings to a franchise .
( which probably makes his value higher than Trout )

If you had to draft a non pitcher for the next 10 years when would you draft this guy?

Let's make a list of possibles

Trout
Betts
Judge
Arenado
Bryant
Lindor
Bregman
Baez
Machado
Benintendi
Yelich
Ramirez
acuna
Soto
Vlad jr

That's about it for guys who you could argue you'd rather have for the next 10 years.

Let's make a list of possibles

Trout
Betts
Judge
Arenado
Bryant
Lindor
Bregman
Baez
Machado
Benintendi
Yelich
Ramirez
acuna
Soto
Vlad jr

That's about it for guys who you could argue you'd rather have for the next 10 years.

Did you leave off goldsmidt cause he a cardinal or cause he older? Lol. We will happily take goldy for the next 5!! 10 definately a stetch unless he got some tommy Brady in him! Lol

Did you leave off goldsmidt cause he a cardinal or cause he older? Lol. We will happily take goldy for the next 5!! 10 definately a stetch unless he got some tommy Brady in him! Lol

I tried to leave off older guys.1b generally don't age as well and OFs are just more valuable in general than 1b. No mention of Rizzo or votto either.

I tried to leave off older guys.1b generally don't age as well and OFs are just more valuable in general than 1b. No mention of Rizzo or votto either.

I was mostly just messing w you, obviously goldy not gonna be good for 10 years. I think he has 5 more years of top flight production tho.

I was mostly just messing w you, obviously goldy not gonna be good for 10 years. I think he has 5 more years of top flight production tho.

i know, i took the comment in jest. i have no doubt that goldy will continue to torture us.

Big free agents left.

Keuchel
Kimbrel
Gio
Adam Jones

I think it redic the players union throwing a fit. Let’s be real the amount of money those players asking for is well beyond what they worth. Paying crazy money for a closer pretty much never works out and Kimbrel was pretty garbage down the stretch and the playoffs. Keuchal has never had ace stuff. Gio not a guy I’d want in my rotation, his control is crap. Can’t remember last time Adam Jones did anything of significance.

I think it redic the players union throwing a fit. Let’s be real the amount of money those players asking for is well beyond what they worth. Paying crazy money for a closer pretty much never works out and Kimbrel was pretty garbage down the stretch and the playoffs. Keuchal has never had ace stuff. Gio not a guy I’d want in my rotation, his control is crap. Can’t remember last time Adam Jones did anything of significance.

I agree. Well said. :)

Robot umps? Finally a good rule! Lol.

I have mixed feelings about them taking balls and strikes away from umps and getting them right like we can all see at home. On one hand it be nice to not have to watch some clown continually get them wrong while we can clearly see the box on the screen. On the other hand I like having umps as part my capping of the games. I wouldn’t miss the 1st game of series bs where it a royal pain in the ass to get the ump! Just don’t understand why they can’t tell us this in a timely fashion? Like night before!!

I was listening to VISN, which I am a beginning to really like and realized MLB is about to start in Japan or something. When these teams come back, they will be laggards as the last 3 years have shown

Last edited:
The tax bite on a deal that big is downright bonkers, though. If Trout was a California resident, noted CPA Robert Raiola on Twitter, he would pocket less than half of the contract’s amount, netting $214 million once he had paid his state and federal income taxes. (Trout’s believed to be a New Jersey state resident, though, which could lower the tax bill. The Garden State caps out at 8.97% versus California’s 13.3%.)

Dee Gordon
CF Mitch Haniger
1B Jay Bruce
DH Edwin Encarnacion
LF Domingo Santana
C Omar Narvaez
3B Ryon Healy
SS Tim Beckham
RF Ichiro Suzuki

CF Ramon Laureano
3B Matt Chapman
RF Stephen Piscotty
DH Khris Davis
LF Chad Pinder
1B Matt Olson
2B Jurickson Profar
SS Marcus Semien
C Nick Hundley

SSS and just Spring Training, but looks like Fiers only pitched twice and gave up 5 runs in the last one. Marco threw in 4 games and was shelled the last 2.

Set an alarm for couple mins before first pitch. Was surprised to see Sea +153, so I added another 1/2 unit.

Woke up and turned the game on in the 6th. Missed seeing Fiers but as I expected he got rocked. 5 runs in 3.0 ip

Wasn’t sure how the Tokyo dome would play. Ball deff can carry there. Nice call on the over Ryno

Set an alarm for couple mins before first pitch. Was surprised to see Sea +153, so I added another 1/2 unit.

Woke up and turned the game on in the 6th. Missed seeing Fiers but as I expected he got rocked. 5 runs in 3.0 ip

Wasn’t sure how the Tokyo dome would play. Ball deff can carry there. Nice call on the over Ryno

Great hit and way to start year!!

Once the season gets going in earnest we can get some real discussion going.

In the meantime, where is Kimbrel going?

Seattle and Oakland need to be looked at for underperforming as season begins with this travel.

Watched the later innings of this mornings game. Ichiro coming off the field was a nice touch. Seattle’s bullpen is not to be trusted. See them blowing some games to start the year. The A’s have a better pen but their SP looks rather suspect. One week to go till the real season starts.

While he is a great player with great skills for sure but it is a total waste of money for that long of a period, team has too many holes that money could haven been spread around

I was talking bout this with someone and while I think the amount of years is insane I don’t think the per year amount is a problem as long as he producing like a mvp.

Really no reason it should limit their ability to field a good roster around him. The 3 years they have left paying pujols 30 mil (or whatever) per year is a far bigger issue. I don’t follow teams prospects but I’ve heard halo’s farm system is good. With Carlos Martinez not in rotation I believe cardinals entire starting 5 is making little less than 30 mil per!!

Halo’s got money, trout getting 35 mil a year shouldn’t kill a team who can afford a 200 mil payroll. Imo you far better off paying one sure fire mvp candidate that amount than paying 2 or even 3 middling bums that amount combined. I’ve watched cardinals go that route opting for lessor players between 10-20 mil per for several years and it doesn’t work.

Ichiro with the 2 season goodbye. Enough already. The Jeter jerk off was enough.

I don’t see anything wrong w him going back to Japan and finishing his career like that at all, thought it was a classy move for a guy who deserved it.

Ya, but I was hearing from some dudes on VISN that the last couple years teams that played came back slow, who knows,

Where is kimbrel going bank?

Heard Brewers and Braves were in. Braves needed to do this yesterday. Minter is going to open on the DL. But hell if you sign him now, would even be ready to pitch in a game starting next Sunday?

Heard Brewers and Braves were in. Braves needed to do this yesterday. Minter is going to open on the DL. But hell if you sign him now, would even be ready to pitch in a game starting next Sunday?

No way he would be ready without having faced hitters. Prob stay at extended for ten days or so to get ready. Brewers need him with knebel likely out for the year and jeffress already hurt.

Ya, but I was hearing from some dudes on VISN that the last couple years teams that played came back slow, who knows,

Where is kimbrel going bank?

No clue. If he gets anything close to what he was demanding hopefully the brewers and then he falls off a cliff! Lol.

Far as the Japan thing goes who knows if teams who went there starting poorly is because of that or just not being all that good anyways? I surely don’t.

Back