• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2018-2019 Offseason

And its official. Realmuto to Philly. Harper has to be close to signing there as well.

Ugh putting DH in the NL would wain my interest tremendously in the sport, it's one of the few aspects of strategy I enjoy. Not like I don't enjoy AL ball but it's different and far less enjoyable for me as a fan for a multitude of reasons (including pitcher having to answer for his actions at times).

I do kinda like the 3 batter minimum requirement although that plays against strategy as well if the manager knows who he can bat without repercussion. A lot going on in there.

Ugh putting DH in the NL would wain my interest tremendously in the sport, it's one of the few aspects of strategy I enjoy. Not like I don't enjoy AL ball but it's different and far less enjoyable for me as a fan for a multitude of reasons (including pitcher having to answer for his actions at times).

I do kinda like the 3 batter minimum requirement although that plays against strategy as well if the manager knows who he can bat without repercussion. A lot going on in there.

I personally like the NL game better but damn watching Mike Foltynewicz flail around at the plate 2-3 times everytime he starts is makes me lose my shit. The DH is coming so we may as well get used to it.

Goldschmidt traded to Cardinals. Like Weaver the big piece going back to Arizona.

Woot woot!! Oh so happy!! Now we just need ozuna to get his shoulder right and have a big year, feel like pretty good chance that happens with him staring at free agency (funny how that happens isn’t it? Not a guy I’d sign long term but sure be great to take advantage of a huge contract season!)..

Confused about getting Goldy doesn‘t he typically hit bad outside of Zona. Um Carpenter/Jose Martinez at first base?

I wasn’t sure about that either but being the cards fan and baseball dork I am me and my brother did some digging soon as the trade was announced. His ops been strong in all the nl central parks, we did this months ago so I forget the exact numbers but we were pleasantly surprised! Gonna be a great season!!

How crazy is it we on the doorstep to spring training and the 2 biggest free agents still sitting out there? Kinda funny, no chance I’d give machado all the money he wants, maybe Harper. Just can’t recall anything like it.

How crazy is it we on the doorstep to spring training and the 2 biggest free agents still sitting out there? Kinda funny, no chance I’d give machado all the money he wants, maybe Harper. Just can’t recall anything like it.
Happened with JD last year and someone else I think

Happened with JD last year and someone else I think

Jd worked out great, don’t think I was nearly as skeptical about him tho. I’m not too much on Harper but paying that douche manny all that cash and years? No freaking chance.,

What did Jd end up getting money and years wise?

Jd worked out great, don’t think I was nearly as skeptical about him tho. I’m not too much on Harper but paying that douche manny all that cash and years? No freaking chance.,

What did Jd end up getting money and years wise?

He got 5/110

Reality is that anyone who signs Harper for a long deal better get their moneys worth in marketing and sales. Manny doesn't come close to bringing that kind of bang for the buck over that many years.

Boston came out so well on that JD contract

I don’t think the Harper deal gonna end up being long, might be on paper but guessing there a opt out after a few and would assume long as he performs well those 1st few years which he should then he will take it.

everything I’m hearing is Harper going to sign a 3/4 deal with Giants with opt out after 2
If he is willing to take a deal like this and the Dodgers allow him to play in San Francisco its a huge mistake. I would swoop in and blow their offer out of the water on a contract like that if im the Dodgers.

Harper is a great signing if you are an investor in the team

If you are a fan it sets you back 12 years

This is the easiest equation in recent baseball history

Tell Me Theo Epstein Sucks Now

https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/tell-me-theo-epstein-sucks-now

My big takeaway is that the Cubs are awesome at stacking position player depth

It puts context behind Theo’s comments that he just wants the 2019 season to start with the roster they have. Think with me – they’re basically getting a healthy Bryant and Darvish returning to the 25-man roster. I’d say those are pretty meaty acquisitions, no?

Last edited:
Pads were always gonna be bottom of the division, this is a homerun for them. Such a net positive move. I wouldn't say that about several teams who a contract like this would distract from a marketing perspective, For SD, even 3-4 years of a superstar is a win, above that is a triumph. The back end of a 10 year deal, they're not really any worse off than they typically are.

Good on the Pads.

Pretty wild for Bryce to be in same division as Nats. That franchise is going to suffer.

Did Phil’s finally sign him?

I don’t think nats gonna suffer honestly. They have excellent pitching and those kids for the corner outfield spots that are absolute studs according to everyone.

Doyers reportedly in mix for Harp?

What I read was he would have to be willing to take way less years/overall money for doyers to be in on him. I tell ya what, if I was philly who im sure offered him a fuck load I’d be to the point I’d be offended and having second thoughts!! Like really Mfer? Phils gonna be tough regardless, bagging relmuto was huge, they prob be better served spending that Harper money on pitching! Although I’m sure the fan base who been all but promised a big name doesn’t wanna hear it. Lol

All the BS going on is he wanted to use that offer to get something similar on the west coast, close to Vegas and since Dodgers and Giants are offering less years, he's gotta decide if he wants to commit the next 10 yrs to being in Philly or take less years to be west. Makes sense to me

Just reading the tea leaves here but the Harper meeting with the Dodgers is one of two things. He is using the Dodgers to get even more out of the Phillies and if that is the case Id rescind the offer if I was the Phillies. Or, he doesnt really want to play on the east coast anymore and this is the Dodgers basically swooping in and making sure he doesnt choose the Giants.

All the BS going on is he wanted to use that offer to get something similar on the west coast, close to Vegas and since Dodgers and Giants are offering less years, he's gotta decide if he wants to commit the next 10 yrs to being in Philly or take less years to be west. Makes sense to me

Nothing wrong w it from his point of view. If im the east coast team offering a redic amount of money not sure how thrilled I’d be that he doesn’t want to be there. I’d assume there is def a opt out so doubt the 10 years is real anyways, unless he sucks therefore doesn’t opt out, lol.

Obviously doesn't want to play for Phily, I get what he's doing. But I'd just pull my offer if I was the Philles and sign Kuechel and Kimbrel and be done with it.

Obviously doesn't want to play for Phily, I get what he's doing. But I'd just pull my offer if I was the Philles and sign Kuechel and Kimbrel and be done with it.
Can you imagine if that happened and Bryce fired Boras? Now THAT would be a story

Interesting turn of events with the Nolan Arenado extension. Just speculation on my part but with Arenado now off the market and Goldschmidt likely to sign a similar extension in St Louis the Dodgers might now be re assessing their willingness to give a long term contract to Harper. The Dodgers and the fans have never been shy about their love for Arenado and there has always been hope he would end up back home in LA since he grew up here. Now that thats not gonna happen it might be time to go out and get themselves a different superstar.

I dont think Bryce wants to play in philly. Would bet his top 3 are Cubs, Dodgers, and SF. None of them want to do a ten year deal tho. Would someone give him 150 for 4 thinking you make a bunch on the front side of the deal selling his jerseys and shit?

Back