• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2014 Golf Season

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
To not take up that much bandwidth, I will solely post in this thread for 2014.

This will be my 9th year of betting on golf. All 9 years have ended in the black, last year was only for 477.50, but I'll take it. To be honest, the books have gotten a lot better and wiser as the years have gone on. I'm guessing with a 3 month old kid, my time to handicap plays will be limited. They will likely be solely injury fades unless I can find a couple gems that involve course history.

Looking forward to good healthy discussions and debates.

Ill leave it with probably my favorite moment from 2013.

758219209.gif

Hyundai Tournament of Champions
Plantation Course at Kapalua, Kapalua, Maui, HI
Jan 3-6
-----------------
Alright, the line was a little higher than what I was hoping. This is probably the toughest course on tour to walk, and I'm not sure what kind of shape Brandt is in.

Webb -160 over Brandt (72) Risking 120 to win 75

Last edited:
I thought the same thing with Sneds but I missed that nice price on Webb. Thought about a mini injury fade of DJ since his neck is bothering him but only matchup is vs Scott who comes with a high price. Unless something moves in my favor Ill probably sit this week out. Good luck.

Good luck brah.

-160 is what I can get. Still thinking...

Excited for another golf season!

Lol. I posted -125 but put 120 to win 75. The line that I got was -160. I have edited it, for the correct line. Sorry for the confusion. Not overly confident by the way. GL Gentlemen.

(2 - 0 +137.5)

Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation
PGA West (Palmer), La Quinta, CA
Purse: $5,700,000

James Hahn -135 over Mallinger (72 holes) Risking 50

**This is the smallest play that I've made in 18 months, a little bit of an action play to be honest.

Morgan Hoffman -165 over Cauley (72 holes) to win 50

Snedeker to top 10 +215 Risking 100 to win 215

Last edited:
Hahn was 11th in GIR last week and 12th in driving accuracy. He was 4th last year at this event. Both guys are cali guys, but Mallinger has been off for a very long time. If he shows any rust from the start he will fall behind and get lapped by the field. Looking at Senior and European events as well.

Makes sense. Good luck.

What kind of things are you looking for in Euro event? A bit unfamiliar with it.

It's a good course. Basically I just have been using twitter search and google news typing in abu dhabi and injuries, rusty, sick any key words hoping something pops up. Unfortunately I haven't seen much. Everything has been about Justin Rose. I read the transcripts at asapsports.com and Rory seems to be in a good state of mind, I cant believe Stenson remains hot, I think last years run albeit epic was not the norm. I wasn't looking at form or course history, because it is so early in the season. If I was really in capping mood, I would go over stats from the last few weeks and look at things such as GIR.

The Sr event there is usually a lot of injuries and guys coming off surgeries, especially after a post-season. Unfortunately, its a little harder to find any information since not many journalist cover the tour.

from what I gather the course is very forgiving for wayward drives off the tee... good things for guys like Phil, but he is typically a slow starter from what I can remember

craw, any tips for a first time PGA event attendee? I'll be going to a "real" PGA event, not the Canadian Open....i'll be in Arizona for the Waste Management open and will be able to catch a couple of hours at the open..sugeestions?

He may have more info, but if youre going to the WM Open you have to go to the Birds Nest, the 16th hole. Pretty much a big party.

It's a good course. Basically I just have been using twitter search and google news typing in abu dhabi and injuries, rusty, sick any key words hoping something pops up. Unfortunately I haven't seen much. Everything has been about Justin Rose. I read the transcripts at asapsports.com and Rory seems to be in a good state of mind, I cant believe Stenson remains hot, I think last years run albeit epic was not the norm. I wasn't looking at form or course history, because it is so early in the season. If I was really in capping mood, I would go over stats from the last few weeks and look at things such as GIR.

The Sr event there is usually a lot of injuries and guys coming off surgeries, especially after a post-season. Unfortunately, its a little harder to find any information since not many journalist cover the tour.

I'm not going to rush to fade Stenson. Last year's run may not be duplicated, but he was a world class player before he lost his swing or whatever. He had won a Players and a WGC event and was ranked in the top 10 in the world. I do like where Rory's head is now, especially compared to last year, but I'm not ready to trust him over HS. Both of them ended the year on an uptick. Even after winning the race to Dubai, HS had a top 2 or 3 finish in his last event, and obviously Rory won in Australia, beating Adam Scott in the process. Right now, I'm looking at Sergio, Olesen and Paul Casey.

Good luck this season Craw. I'll be reading and maybe posting when I can

I'm not going to rush to fade Stenson. Last year's run may not be duplicated, but he was a world class player before he lost his swing or whatever. He had won a Players and a WGC event and was ranked in the top 10 in the world. I do like where Rory's head is now, especially compared to last year, but I'm not ready to trust him over HS. Both of them ended the year on an uptick. Even after winning the race to Dubai, HS had a top 2 or 3 finish in his last event, and obviously Rory won in Australia, beating Adam Scott in the process. Right now, I'm looking at Sergio, Olesen and Paul Casey.

Thanks. I agree about trusting Rory, still need to see more results. Sergio seems to be in a good state with this new girlfriend. Thanks for the input. GL

craw, any tips for a first time PGA event attendee? I'll be going to a "real" PGA event, not the Canadian Open....i'll be in Arizona for the Waste Management open and will be able to catch a couple of hours at the open..sugeestions?

I agree with what Law said. I heard its a wild party full of cougars. Leave your wife or significant other at home for sure.

I've been to a lot of events, Masters, US Open, Doral, Players, Heritage,Greensboro, Barclays, Wachovia, ATT at a few diff courses. I always like to walk the course first then find either a drivable par 4, a par 5 that is reachable in 2 then just plop down and watch the rest of the day. I like to get there early before the crowd and the heat. I also like practice rounds to get to take pictures and get closer to the players.

Adding Brandt +215 to top 10. Usually when he is confident in the presser he goes low. Also read Keegan is a tad sick, he was battling the flu, says he feels better today though, he also has a new swing coach..

Anyway
MARK STEVENS: We would like to welcome Brandt Snedeker to the interview room. This is going to be your sixth start in the Humana Challenge. You have 17 straight rounds under par if you kind of want to talk about your thoughts coming into the week and then we'll have some questions.
BRANDT SNEDEKER: Yeah, it's obviously ‑‑ this is one of my favorite events just because of obviously the weather here is perfect, the golf courses I feel like setup really well for me.
I actually am really excited about what the week holds. I came off a decent finish two weeks ago in Maui and feel like my game's in great shape coming in this week and looking forward to the next four days. It should be‑‑ I expect myself to have a pretty good four days.
MARK STEVENS: Questions?

Q. Last year this was about the only tournament that you didn't contend in on the West Coast. At the beginning of last year you were full of confidence coming in, how do you compare your game and your confidence level now as opposed to 12 months ago?
BRANDT SNEDEKER: It's pretty similar, actually. The West Coast always seems to treat me very well. I love playing on the West Coast. One of my favorite places to be. Feel like my game's actually really in pretty good shape.
I played really well at Maui and then just didn't quite have a few good breaks here or there, a few bad breaks and didn't quite convert on a lot of opportunities I had. This week I feel like I'm hitting the ball as good as I've ever hit it. Feel really confident with what's going on in my long game and my short game's just going to be ‑‑ all it comes down to this week is whether you make those key 10‑footers or not.
Pretty much turns into a putting contest every year because there's so many birdie opportunities. So that traditionally suits my game pretty well, so I'm excited about the rest of the week.

Q. This tournament is about health. So how is your health and can you run us through your recovery in the off season and so forth and where you are now?
BRANDT SNEDEKER: Health is great. I actually had a knee injury in China. Self‑inflicted stupidity injury. Luckily it was not very serious. Just had a pretty much ‑‑ it boiled down a deep bone bruise and a sprain in my ACL and is a hundred percent healed.
Got through Maui with no issues whatsoever. Which I was actually shocked about. I figured it would be pretty sore or swell up a little bit and had no issues whatsoever. Feels a hundred percent. So the year started off on a good note. I feel like I'm healthy, I feel like I'm ready to go. And as long as I can keep doing that I feel like it's going to be my best year ever.

Which day are you going? What kind of tickets do you have?

This event is about the party and the chicks, the golf is for gambling only.

Stenson came out rusty it looks like. Thanks for the well wishes. Need Sned to post a 7 or 8 under round tomorrow..

(4 - 1 +125.5) Went 2 - 1 last week, but since the matchups were smaller bets, ended up losing a couple bucks. No worries. 4 - 0 on matchups on the year.

Farmers Insurance Open
Torrey Pines (South), La Jolla, CA
Purse: $6,100,000

(Plays will go here)

Heading to S.D. will be about 15 minutes from the tourney, tried to get out there earlier to catch the final round but couldn't. Will need some action on it as i watch from the plane on sunday....

Taking Todd over Duboison. Victor is far and away the better and hotter golfer, but he hasnt played any golf in the states. Todd has been the most consistent golfer on tour. Good matchup with two hot players. -120 to win 75 (72 holes)

Give me and the homies that followed our money

(5 - 1 +200.5)

Been betting a little more conservative this year, not sure if that will be the new norm or not.

Waste Management Phoenix Open
TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ
Purse: $6,200,000

Also Dubai Desert Classic with Woods, Rory and Stenson. Based off recent form Rory should be a huge favorite.

(Plays will go here)

Was a little late, definitely dont think the line has value, but taking Rory -135 to win 50. (Small bet) 72 holes

Rory is coming off a win in Australia, and a should have been win a couple weeks ago. He has won here previously. Seems to be trending nicely.

Was a little late, definitely dont think the line has value, but taking Rory -135 to win 50. (Small bet) 72 holes

Rory is coming off a win in Australia, and a should have been win a couple weeks ago. He has won here previously. Seems to be trending nicely.

Was looking to take Rory, but the idea of taking Tiger at plus money is appealing. How often do we get that? He's won at the course, and that 79 has to be an anomaly, right? But just because Tiger plays well doesn't mean that Rory can't still win. Will likely stay away. Interested in your thoughts on the Waste Management. Took Bubba over Webb and Hoffman over Matsuyama

Im thinking about unloading on Webb over Bubba. I like a good putter who is consistent guy, with a nice history on a course. Bubba is always such a wild card.

Back