• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Friday MLB Discussion Thread

Can someone remind the math/formula to bet a team -1 when I only have a ML and 1.5 RL to work off of? Thanksb

touching on NYM-ATL pitching match-up, Wheeler has been pumping 97.4 mph 4-seam fastballs on average, so it doesn't look like an underlying injury issue with him. He was all over the damn zone last time out though, so not in love with banking on a return to form on the road against that Braves lineup who have decent splits against him - especially Freeman, who has raked him. Kyle Wright has been showing a nasty plus slider, but is struggling to command his other pitches. Alonso, Conforto, McNeil and Rosario seem to be all locked in at plate. Can't issue the free passes in this one; over for me if umpire checks out.

Buying in on a Pomeranz bounce-back this season; velocity back up to 92 after last season's neck/bicep issue. According to Jeff Zimmerman, the last time his velocity was that high, he posted an 8.6 K/9 back in 2015. He's up to 11K/9 thus far in the early going. Bettis looking like fade material as he's trying to reinvent himself by throwing less fastballs and more changeups (38.2% - by far a career high). Not really deceiving anyone with the change piece, which carries a whopping -4.67 pitch value after a couple outings.

Corbin is 1-2 with a 4.75 in 6 career shots against the Pirates

Miley is 2-1 with a 2.89 ERA in three career starts against Seattle
LeBlanc is 1-1 with a 5.65 ERA in 10 career appearances against the ‘Stros in 6 starts

a few notes from a disgruntled Luke Weaver owner in CTG keeper and dynasty (sold him before season): MLB hitters figured out Weaver did not have a quality third offering, and his fastball just isn't good enough to get away with the fastball/change combo in which he relied on very early in his career. His change went from a +5.6 PV in 2017 (60.1 IP) to a -5.8 PV in 2018 (136.1 IP). Weaver bought a rapsodo in the offseason to try to improve the spin efficiency on his slurve, which gave me a little hope prior to the season. So far he's going to his cutter more which is flashing a +1.8 pitch value, so there's still a glimmer of hope there even though he's only throwing his slurve 8.3% of the time.

Paddack on the other hand is showing a dominant 4-seam fastball (+3.3 PV) that carries above average rise, he can command it anywhere in the zone and it plays up even more off the change. Unlike Weaver, I think Paddack can get away with the fastball/change combo bc his fastball is that dominant. Will be interesting to track as teams begin to see Paddack the second time around.

has SD said anything about Paddack being on an innings limit while he adjusts to the bigs coming off a big surgery? Not talking about for the season, I fully expect him to be shut down by at least September which is why I didn't take a ROY future on him, but on a game by game basis?

has SD said anything about Paddack being on an innings limit while he adjusts to the bigs coming off a big surgery? Not talking about for the season, I fully expect him to be shut down by at least September which is why I didn't take a ROY future on him, but on a game by game basis?

Haven't read anything yet, D. He's in a fairly similar situation to what Walker Buehler found himself in heading into last season - Paddack threw 90 innings last year in the minors and WB had thrown 88 off TJ surgery. The Dodgers kind of caught a break midseason with WB's rib injury as they were able to shut him down for an extended period of time and have him for the postseason. WB threw 177 innings last year between the regular season and postseason. Anyway, Paddack threw 77 pitches in his first start and was pulled after 90 just before he could finish the fourth in his second. Do you start skipping him every other start, shut him down for an extended time or just let him ride out his cap like normal and nix him for the postseason like the Nats did with Stras? Tough call for the organization if the Pads are in the hunt down the road.

Back