• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2018-2019 Offseason

Friday Flashback to 1973 College World Series, Dave Winfield Dominates

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2016...-series-dave-winfield-dominates-usc-minnesota

Rich Dauer, who played 10 seasons in the pros and is a member of the Orioles Hall of Fame, was a member of that Trojan's team and he has this to say about Winfield's performance.

"In my whole career, even facing the big boys in the majors, I have never seen anything like that, When Dave let go of the ball, it was three feet in front of your face and it seemed like it was going 110 miles an hour."​

Last edited:
Goldschmidt traded to Cardinals. Like Weaver the big piece going back to Arizona.

Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo (ex-Pirate from 04-07) died in a car accident in Venezuela earlier tonight.

Venezuela, I dont care if its home, the place is hell, I'm sure it went down in a violent way. RIP

Valbuena was a terrific player

Confused about getting Goldy doesn‘t he typically hit bad outside of Zona. Um Carpenter/Jose Martinez at first base?

The bigger question is what the Reds are thinking with this deal. They added a lot of payroll with Puig and Wood while giving up two decent prospects. There is nothing that team can do to contend next season so adding just to try to win 75 instead of 65 is pretty dumb.

I'm more concerned about the Dodgers getting two legit prospects and shedding those contracts while only having to take on Homer for a season and pay 7 mil or whatever it is. Can live with them getting Harper if it happens

Nelson Cruz has the best life. Hit. Get paid. Now a twinkie. Mariners have chosen not to field a team in 2019.

Last edited:
Back