• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week of October 22nd through October 28th Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
First full week! Wow, some of this scoring is nuts. How big is the 14 second reset?

It’s like no one plays defense! saw a few plays the other night, after offensive rebounding, definitely gonna take teams to get used to it? Who we like tonight, def riding the wizards +4nhalf

It looks like overs are 27-12 so far, and five of the first six games of the year went under, so 26-7 since then. Wow.

Many teams are shooting more 3s......

Remember an article from like last year where they compare the mid range jumper as the worst percentage shot in NBA.....

I like the high scoring games.....makes it more exciting....

I see a lot of 2half totals going over too.....

I wouldn't say defense is sucking more than it ever has, but teams are much smarter, taking better, more efficient shots.

When teams avoid long jumpshots and post ups, guess what, scoring rises.

defense takes effort and nba players get lazier by the year because they can....that said the c's are struggling early in their offensive sets due to the insertion of hayward and kyrie back into the lineup....i think they are one game tonight that has a chance to go under...brad will preach d until he's no longer coaching and this group listens better than most and the majic are just poor offensively

Those suspensions are weak for the Lakers players.

Ingram should have got 10 games minimum and Rondo at least 5.

Happy with CP-Flea's 2 games.

League didn't want to put the new 'Showtime' Lakers in a bad spot so early given they're putting this LeCramps squad on Natty TV almost every game.

Silver wants (needs) the Lakers to be relevant in the standings.

They gonna get the calls tonight, Spurs doomed.

Those suspensions are weak for the Lakers players.

Ingram should have got 10 games minimum and Rondo at least 5.

Happy with CP-Flea's 2 games.

League didn't want to put the new 'Showtime' Lakers in a bad spot so early given they're putting this LeCramps squad on Natty TV almost every game.

Silver wants (needs) the Lakers to be relevant in the standings.

They gonna get the calls tonight, Spurs doomed.

you may be right em but I think it's a little early for the league to start dictating outcomes, no real gain imho

C’s O moved the ball well last night but couldn’t get their shots to fall. Gonna look to go under again with them unless I see something in the local papers that leads me to believe they are working on offense in practice. Brad pretty tight lipped about anything going on though which pisses me off. Must have taken a page out of Billy’s book. Gotta figure their defensive effort will be solid as they shoot to get back in the win column.

Jazz defense is terrible.

But it's almost the entire league.

Look at some of these boxscores, damn.

Raps the only squad that plays real defense. This team is gonna be hella-good on both ends mid-season barring injury.

these scores have been crazy...
reminds me of the Alex English/Kiki Nuggets high scoring 80's teams

who remembers this...its automatic...this is what the nba is now

corner 3 ball.....

C’s O moved the ball well last night but couldn’t get their shots to fall. Gonna look to go under again with them unless I see something in the local papers that leads me to believe they are working on offense in practice. Brad pretty tight lipped about anything going on though which pisses me off. Must have taken a page out of Billy’s book. Gotta figure their defensive effort will be solid as they shoot to get back in the win column.

Kyrie's defense was bad, now it's really, really bad.

Rockets in some trouble...

James Harden has a Grade 1 left hamstring strain & will miss the Rockets’ next two games, per the team. He will be evaluated at that point for upcoming road trip.

James Ennis has Grade 2 hamstring strain & will also miss next 2 games.

Nene (calf strain) re-evaluated in 2 weeks.

Back