• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Hulu's CFL 2018

1* MTL / OTT over 50.5 -108

I liked this play coming into the week but decided to see where the number went. Before I know it, it’s gone up a point so getting on it now.

Montreal is historically bad and I think the RBs can easily get to the high-30s and even 40s here. After their collapse last week, losing after having a 24pt lead in the 2H, I think they come out hard and won’t be in any mood to take their foot off the gas no matter how much they lead by.
On the other side if Manziel has any moxie at all he’ll show something this week. I think we should be able to count on them for 15 even if it takes Vernon Adams to get there late again.

1* Ottawa -14 -105

I rarely ever take favs this big but after what I saw last week out of Montreal, I think there is value here. Now they are without John Bowman on defense, they are shuffling their offensive line yet again, Vernon Adams is out and they have a guy who played 2 games back in 2016 looking like he's starting at field corner. This might be the biggest mismatch we've seen in ages. And with the Redblacks gnashing their teeth after last week's debacle, they are ready to open a can of whoop-ass like we've never seen.

I am adding another half unit on Winnipeg before this line gets out of hand. All I see adds up to a solid Bombers win here. Full bet now as follows...

1/0.5* Winnipeg -4/-5 -110/-107

And with that, all bets for week 9 are now on this page

Good luck on the plays. Stalking halftime tonight?

Well I got about half an hours sleep last night, the game is a west coast late start and I have to be up at 5am tomorrow for a 5 hour drive.

So the short answer is...you’re goddamned right I’ll be stalking 2H tonight! If I can manage it, I am going to plow through till the end in case live opportunities present themselves.

I think right now Edmonton is the best overall in-game betting opp going. Reilly has something like 24 4th quarter comebacks in his career and you can see when the momentum flips.

I fell asleep last week and it cost me money. Tonight whenever I feel sleepy I’ll reach down and feel the empty space in my pocket from that mistake and the pain will jolt me awake.

Ok so I ended up falling asleep but looking at the way the game went it’s probably for the best that i didn’t get involved.

Looking at one more play for tonight. Waiting on some numbers.

There it is...

0.5* HAM / WPG 1Q over 10.5 -108

This is a bet I would very rarely make but Winnipeg has been one of the hottest starting teams in the league, averaging over 13 pts combined in the 1Q. Cats haven’t been quite as hot but they are around the league avg.

There it is...

0.5* HAM / WPG 1Q over 10.5 -108

This is a bet I would very rarely make but Winnipeg has been one of the hottest starting teams in the league, averaging over 13 pts combined in the 1Q. Cats haven’t been quite as hot but they are around the league avg.

Winnipeg games start out fast. Craziest stadium. Big plays all over the place. I think we see plenty of points in the first qtr here

Ok so I ended up falling asleep but looking at the way the game went it’s probably for the best that i didn’t get involved.

Looking at one more play for tonight. Waiting on some numbers.

I watched that game last night Hulu and can provide analysis.

I’ve watched all bc games for years. Yesterday was their best performance I have seen since the 2011 grey cup winning team.

After trailing 20-10 at halftime the lions held Edmonton to a fgoal in the second half. They forced 4 turnovers and sacked Reilly 3 times in the second half and forced 5 2 and outs in the second half.

Otha foster a former Chris jones star had a very good game with a sack strip fumble off Reilly a tipped pass on a good read leading to a interception and a bunch of tackles.

TJ lee shut down Dhaquille Williams. He played very very solid.

I really believe this Sean lemon guy might be one of the best players in the league. Everywhere he goes the pass rush is very good. He seems to have inspired Odell Willis and the rest of the guys.

Bc lions safety Anthony Thompson is starting to get my attention. I am noticing a potential star safety here. On deep passes near the sidelines he has been able to like Ed Reed get all the way to the sideline to make a play. Impressive range for sure. He looks like a difference maker.

Lulay is finally making the lions offense which has good receivers. Burnham and Arcenaux can match any teams other 2 top receivers. Kevin Elliot looks reinvented and he has superb traits tall physical. Ricky Collins junior also has potential.

Lulay because he sat on the bench for the last few years seems to understand the cfl game much more. He knows where the outlets are.

He can move the ball on controlled drives.

Bc is going to be 2 ways.

They either suck and are not very good.
Or they are really good and championship contenders.

Yesterday they looked like champions.

Note: Jason mass is wild as coach. Gambles in crazy situations. End of games he relies on emotions which leads him to going for it on 3rd and 15 with 2.22 left. I think you punt there.

Bc may be a team on the rise.

They played Ottawa tough on the road and should have won if not for a few clock blunders

Then they stop cgy most of the night and taje silly penalties and lose there.

They finally beat Edmonton. But they didn’t just win the game they pummeled Reilly and Reilly was seen bitching on the sidelines about his protection.

All without Solomon Elimimian.

When you start to see a good team defensively they must have imo 4-5impact defenders and 4-5 good players.

Eliminean impact
Sean lemon impact
Otha foster impact
TJ lee. Impact

Anthony Thompson good
Odell Willis good
Anthony orange good

Keep an eye on bc. They have no reason why they can’t beat the Edmonton’s and Winnipeg’s of the league.

I think next week bc wins easily in Toronto.

Agree all around Sammy. This entire team has been lifted with Lulay starting and they’re better for it.
I said it at the start of the year...this team has all the pieces to be good if Wally can get his head out of Jennings ass.

As for Maas he makes a lot of bad in-game decisions (not unlike myself) and combined with his smash-everything act, I have to believe his days are numbered. It would t surprise me to see him gone after this season unless they can beat Calgary in the playoffs.

Agree all around Sammy. This entire team has been lifted with Lulay starting and they’re better for it.
I said it at the start of the year...this team has all the pieces to be good if Wally can get his head out of Jennings ass.

As for Maas he makes a lot of bad in-game decisions (not unlike myself) and combined with his smash-everything act, I have to believe his days are numbered. It would t surprise me to see him gone after this season unless they can beat Calgary in the playoffs.

Yes MAAS is for sure an offensive coordinator and not a head coach. He is way too hyper and makes emotional decisions- he’s the antithesis to Trestman.

Im sure Edmonton an organization rooted in history wants to can him. He doesent fit the Eskimo way.

Yes now we know what was wrong with BC. not to blame 1 player but I believe it was all Jennings. His regression was unbelievable. He totally choked lost all confidence once defensive coordinators took away his comforts.

He looked scared not really good from the pockets but almost seemed to have a terrible football iq and just an arm.
I think his arm strength surprised teams early on but then they were able to pressure him.

He has the looks of a finesse player a soft player. Could explain his demise.
I don’t think we see him in the cfl as a starter.

I think Jennings can start one day but he needs to sit for a while. Just like Calvillo looked horrible until he had a chance to sit behind Tracey Ham for a few seasons.

I think Jennings can start one day but he needs to sit for a while. Just like Calvillo looked horrible until he had a chance to sit behind Tracey Ham for a few seasons.

Basically like how masoli sat and learned. It’s possible for sure.
Because he needs to learn how to read defenders.

You could tell Jennings has no idea what the defense is doing.

Travis looks confident and aware of the field

With that said is Manziel possibly going to break records for futility? He isn’t ready to start until at least 2 years.

He is going to get schooled out there. Only exception is if he was on Cgy. They would groom him properly and teach him.

This is probably gonna bite me in the ass but...

0.5 HAM / WPG 2H under 28.5 +109

Nice hit yesterday Bro.

:cheers3:

In your opinion, is there a reason I shouldn't bet the RB's and the under tonight, because that's what's talking to me...

Nice hit yesterday Bro.

:cheers3:

In your opinion, is there a reason I shouldn't bet the RB's and the under tonight, because that's what's talking to me...

Redblacks for sure although I'm usually allergic to double-digit favs in any professional football league. I just don't see how Montreal even competes here but -14 is as high as I would go.

As for the total I have a unit on the over. Montreal's defence is even worse than last week with the loss of Bowman and starting a guy at corner who just signed this week and hasn't played since 2016. Ottawa can easily drop 40 here. They have already twice this season vs Sask and at Toronto last week. Speaking of last week, after allowing a 24pt 4Q comeback, I don't think Ottawa lets off the gas here unless they are up 4 or 5 scores. Also last week, the Als game went 11pts over and that was with Bede missing 2 FGs. If he gets chances this week, he'll hit. I could easily see a 41-15 kind of game here.

Update.

I will not be in attendance for tonight’s game.

Staying in viewing the game at home.

However my allegiance is plead to Hulu and all his plays!

Let’s get it again! #we believe

Interesting to see if we get any improvement tonight from Manziel.

I think tonight’s game will tell us the reality of how good and the potential of Manziel.

If he doesent show significant strides in terms of basic concepts such as reads throws in double coverage I believe He could be a wash out

Its ok, I'd rather have you playing in your natural position that out of position at the game. The transition from tele-blitzer to in-person-blitzer is a tough one to make.

It’s a bit different for sure. As I don’t have a tv to run at I just run up and down the aisles during the snap!

1* Ottawa 2H -7.5 -120

Hate to throw good money after bad but this line looks wrong. Other books at 10. We'll see if it gets voided

Results after Week 9

Sides 9-7 +4.155*
Totals 15-3-1 +10.11*
2H plays 7-2 +3.96*
Live Plays 1-0 +0.75*
Teaser/Parlay 2-0 +1.00*

Overall 34-12-1 +19.975*

Decent week going 4-2 for +1.4 units. 8 out of 9 weeks profitable so far. Cannot complain about that.

And for the record that 2H -7.5 was settled as a win. I guess it wasn't a bad line, it was an opinionated line.

1* CAL / SSK under 48.5 -110

This will probably be it for my pre-game bets this week. I made this number 47 and hoped it would go up based on the last game these 2 played but its dropping everywhere so getting on it while the gettin is good.

Actually, why not try a correlated parlay here to sweeten the pot a bit since I still have a book that allows me to do it.
I like these when the total is low and I expect the dog to cover by the strength of their defence.

0.25* Parlay Saskatchewan +7 / under 48.5 +257

0.5* Edmonton -16.5 -105

Probably the biggest fav I’ve ever played in pro ball but this just looks like a bloodbath in the making and the line is starting to move at some books. I think this hits 17 or 17.5 once Pipkin is confirmed as the starter. I don’t know if Montreal can score here period. They’re the dumpster fire that keeps on giving.

1* MON / EDM under 52.5 -110

The more I look at this game, the more I feel like under is probably the best play here. I don't see how the ALs score here. Asking them to get to 17 is asking too much with their current configuration. They will run a lot to take pressure off their QB. And if all else fails, there's nothing like a little smoke in the lungs to help slow things down.

Nice winner tonight. This was the best game for me this week.

Tomorrow i do like the Argo's at home but its a small wager:cheers3:

Thanks spottie. Your input was helpful this week.

Today I like BC to win but the number has gotten away so I’m gonna stand pat on this one. It will be interesting to see if Bethel-Thompson can take another step this week.

Been crazy busy and behind on my capping but this number just looks wrong to me so I’m hitting it on principle.

1/.25* Edmonton +3/ML -110/+127

Ok. I really like Sask +2.5 at Bc.

As long as Sask doesent have a let down and Mail it in they should be able to defeat bc quite decisively.

Talking points-

Chris Jones Vs Wally Buono.

Jones is coaching defense well. Using blitzes stunts twists. He has 5-6 impact players to which abc has zero impact defenders.
Charlie Hughes, Nick Marshall, willie Jefferson, Samuel Egauvon, Toby Antiguah. Ed gainey zak Evans solid guys

Sask employs a lot of man to man defense. Bc receivers are very average. With tight man coverage it is imperative to be able to throw deep passes to which Lulay is completely inaccurate and wild on deep passes. I don’t believe he understands deep passing trajectory Angles. If he does throw deep accurately it’s off a scramble and not from the pocket.

Arcebaux and burnham are both slow and willl not beat man coverage.

I think you see Lulay getting outclassed by Chris Jones aggressive defense.

Wally will not look at film. Will roll the same garbage out there.

I like sask as possibly a top 2 team in this league. Jones is building the sane defense he has on the grey cup winning Eskimos team.

I see this game as a sask outright win.

Bc success at home has been more about luck.

I believe without a doubt that sask is the best defense in the league. They should show that and be able to beat bc.

27-13 final.

Ok. I really like Sask +2.5 at Bc.

As long as Sask doesent have a let down and Mail it in they should be able to defeat bc quite decisively.

Talking points-

Chris Jones Vs Wally Buono.

Jones is coaching defense well. Using blitzes stunts twists. He has 5-6 impact players to which abc has zero impact defenders.
Charlie Hughes, Nick Marshall, willie Jefferson, Samuel Egauvon, Toby Antiguah. Ed gainey zak Evans solid guys

Sask employs a lot of man to man defense. Bc receivers are very average. With tight man coverage it is imperative to be able to throw deep passes to which Lulay is completely inaccurate and wild on deep passes. I don’t believe he understands deep passing trajectory Angles. If he does throw deep accurately it’s off a scramble and not from the pocket.

Arcebaux and burnham are both slow and willl not beat man coverage.

I think you see Lulay getting outclassed by Chris Jones aggressive defense.

Wally will not look at film. Will roll the same garbage out there.

I like sask as possibly a top 2 team in this league. Jones is building the sane defense he has on the grey cup winning Eskimos team.

I see this game as a sask outright win.

Bc success at home has been more about luck.

I believe without a doubt that sask is the best defense in the league. They should show that and be able to beat bc.

27-13 final.

I'll start an in-game and reply there. I have too much to say to do it in my picks thread.

Results after Week 10

Sides 11-8 +5.63*
Totals 15-5-1 +7.91*
2H plays 7-3 +3.46*
Live Plays 1-0 +0.75*
Teaser/Parlay 2-1 +0.75*

Overall 36-17-1 +18.50*

Belatedly tallying the carnage from week 10. 2-5 and lost almost 1.5*. Back to work.

Been waffling over this one since yesterday and I have to trust my numbers and my gut here. This line is just too high. Fading Calgary at home off a loss is not a spot I like to put myself in but I made it 6.5 and I still think that's what it should be.

1* Winnipeg +9 -107

Any idea why they took down the Montreal game?

Not sure to be honest. Only thing I can guess is uncertainty about the qb. They never completely closed the door on manziel starting but as of late yesterday, he was still experiencing light sensitivity and hadn’t been cleared to join the team outdoors yet so I think it’s highly unlikely he plays.

It’s still up at some places. The ALs and the over have been taking money. It’s 5 and 52 now.

I’ll post anything I find out.

Back