• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Western Conference First Round Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, it is playoff time.

The West certainly is always fun come playoff time as the lower seeds can be somewhat dangerous. Overall, this still feels like a lot of the LA teams and perhaps a pesky Rockets team as the contenders overall.

LA Lakers vs Portland

LA Clippers vs Dallas

Utah vs Denver

Houston vs Oklahoma City

Lets discuss series prices, any prop bets and strategies as the series goes...

I said it in the other thread but the Lakers series price is CHEAP.

I will also say, I think there is a bit of value in the Nuggets price as well.

I like this OKC team quite a bit but there is no value in their price at all.

Oh, awesome. Looks like I need to rethink my plays lol since port and okc were 2 I was thinking.
I know Portland has terrible D, but LAL D isn't great, and I feel they are hot and more balanced than LAL.

No conley for jazz whole series right?

Even if hes back in a few days he has to quarantine for a while no?

Going with a day one 5 unit ML parlay of the favs: Denver-Clippers-Celtics

Denver is deep imo and without Conley, you can double up on Mitchell if he gets hot. Inside Jokic can handle himself. Denver has a more talent
Celtics should make the ECF. Better team all around, top to bottom. They dont mess around
Clippers have veterans and are more talented, deeper, way more playmakers and much better defense.

GL fellas

Going with a day one 5 unit ML parlay of the favs: Denver-Clippers-Celtics

Denver is deep imo and without Conley, you can double up on Mitchell if he gets hot. Inside Jokic can handle himself. Denver has a more talent
Celtics should make the ECF. Better team all around, top to bottom. They dont mess around
Clippers have veterans and are more talented, deeper, way more playmakers and much better defense.

GL fellas

I went with Denver, Raps, Celtics

Raps different animal this year. Nets been playing at their peak all bubble. There’s no next gear for them. Tremendous pressure on LaVert to be a 35-40 point guy to keep them in games and I just don’t see it.

Nuggets line seems low considering Conley out. It is 3 points stronger than when they matched up over a week ago. I had Jazz and they dominated early, before getting worked late. Took spider a few miracles to keep them in it. Rudy was completely dominated by Jokic.

I havnt looked at series prices but I heard okc was actually favs? I was sure thinking we would get a little plus money on them!

I havnt looked at series prices but I heard okc was actually favs? I was sure thinking we would get a little plus money on them!

Unless it was a big shift since I looked this morning, Houston is series favorites. OKC is G1 fave though

Think I saw -180ish this morning

Oh wow. That might be little value on okc!! I dunno wtf these ppl were talking bout on radio about okc being favs? Musta just been game 1 but they were sure making it sound like okc were favs to win series which I thought was pretty crazy!

I dunno bout all that. Rockets had GS dead to rights that one year until he got hurt.
As far as PGs go he was so complete for what a PG supposed to do. His tendencies when the lights get bright aren’t why they should be. I’ve watched him forever.

1st time in 37 straight games a Blazers opponent hasn't scored 100+ points.

Lakers offense is broken.

Only two good things about Lakers series, they can't play worse than game 1 and Barkley calling it a sweep...

I was surprised at how well Portland played and hung in the interior.

Bron has always been uncomfortable when a team has a legit big rim protector and lakers lineup along with now healthy blazers gives them the opportunity to not only play 2 7 footers but clog the lane with 2 of them! They don’t have to respect Howard or Magee, barely have to respect AD sitting on the 3 point line! Lakers in a world of trouble if bron continues to attempt getting everyone else involved with his “right play” wussy attitude! When lakers were up 6 he should have put his head down and started attacking and they probably win that game imo. I don’t know if it was the 7 footers lurking in paint that persuaded him or just his gst everyone involved loser mindset? Either way if that continues it blazers in 5!

They missed a ton of put back bunnies too!! They scared of blazers size! Apparently they only effective when up against 6’7 guys! Lol

Back