• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Okay,

Lets all make a good effort to not talk about Corona in here other than how it relates to the CFB set-up this coming season.

Good topics:

-Pac 12

-Which schools are planning on being on campus

-State of California issues

-Rescheduling of OOC games

-When do players get back to team facilities?

-Elongated fall camp or mini summer camp before

I'll simply start deleting posts in here if they are going to cause an issue (including my own).

VKSHAKE

Interesting that Notre Dame moved their semester up to finish by thanksgiving
Yeah, a few schools already are not having students come back after Thanksgiving. Some will do remote learning after the break.

ND could really find itself fucked here or this could be the 2nd or 3rd sign as perceived weakness.

If it’s conference only what do they do?

ND could really find itself fucked here or this could be the 2nd or 3rd sign as perceived weakness.

If it’s conference only what do they do?
They have been negotiating with big ten teams as is...and a Mac school.

I don't think we'll see conference only anymore ...

Today is really a sign of that IMO.

If teams can reduce travel, that should be enough to get the season in(whether it starts on time or delayed a bit).

Just looking in-conference, OSU and UM need new ooc opponents (trips to Oregon and Washington).

If...if some schedule changes happen it will be even more interesting what teams do next year.

I'll use the above example...you think Oregon and Washington will be happy losing the home half of their contract with the teams in BIG?

If...if some schedule changes happen it will be even more interesting what teams do next year.

I'll use the above example...you think Oregon and Washington will be happy losing the home half of their contract with the teams in BIG?

can you just move all contracts that involved home/home up a year to 2021?

pushes everything forward a year

can you just move all contracts that involved home/home up a year to 2021?

pushes everything forward a year
In a lot of cases, no. These teams are scheduled out for the better part of a decade. For the non SEC/ACC schools that play 9 conference games they also make sure their home games align in the correct seasons where they will play more road games in conference.

Here is an example with OSU. It's not as easy as drop a different non conference game either. Scheduling is very strategic in order to maximize home revenue, help your SOS but also have two easier games .

Screenshot_20200519-001240.png

Frost has been quiet through this, but article in the local rag has him saying too many have too much to lose for them to not play. Same article has comments from james Franklin saying the big ten shouldn't let 1 or 2 governors stop them from playing.

Last edited:
Finebaum said on radio the other day if USC, and other cali schools wont play, there would likely be some kind of exemption for eligibility and he thinks it could be like a free agent frenzy for some of em

Finebaum said on radio the other day if USC, and other cali schools wont play, there would likely be some kind of exemption for eligibility and he thinks it could be like a free agent frenzy for some of em
Well, I think that is all a moot point now since the 'sudden change of heart' by Newsome yesterday.

Quick cliffnotes on the ND plans that have been talked about...

20% capacity or less at games -- seats awarded via lottery/points system

They are working on a model for staggering exits/entries plus at what time those are used.

Tailgating is ticket holders only and obviously have some sort of mandated distance

2x a week testing -- cost would be 40-60k a week

Quoting facilities cleansing at 1000 per every 10,000 sq feet

3 strikes and you are out with covid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three strikes one makes zero sense at all. It is said that the whole operation gets shut down after that. If this were the case, then don't even bother as I would expect you will see a handful of cases this fall. I would assume common sense will come into play here on that one.

Anyways, that is what a ND insider said the other day as an early plan of attack I guess.

West coast games might happen after all.

Washington working hard to make sure UM is still coming out there, per today's reports.

They are working on a model for staggering exits/entries plus at what time those are used.

Tailgating is ticket holders only and obviously have some sort of mandated distance

2x a week testing -- cost would be 40-60k a week

Quoting facilities cleansing at 1000 per every 10,000 sq feet

3 strikes and you are out with covid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three strikes one makes zero sense at all. It is said that the whole operation gets shut down after that. If this were the case, then don't even bother as I would expect you will see a handful of cases this fall. I would assume common sense will come into play here on that one.

Anyways, that is what a ND insider said the other day as an early plan of attack I guess.

I’d suspect a lot of this is subject to change as we get closer as well. I think 20% seems pretty low and good luck on tailgating part.

I’d suspect a lot of this is subject to change as we get closer as well. I think 20% seems pretty low and good luck on tailgating part.

At some point, we're just going to have to trust people to do the right thing. Some will, most won't, but having a college football game with 20, 30, 50, 75 % capacity or whatever, you're not going to be able to police the stadium, the parking lot, the quad, the strip, etc.

I wonder if capping crowds at 20k is going to cause ticket prices to sky rocket due to demand or if people are just gonna say screw it and stay home.

A weak tailgating scene and a 70% empty stadium doesn't sound like a very good time, IMO.

I wonder if capping crowds at 20k is going to cause ticket prices to sky rocket due to demand or if people are just gonna say screw it and stay home.

A weak tailgating scene and a 70% empty stadium doesn't sound like a very good time, IMO.
Season ticket holders I would assume get priority?

True story.

I got something to add on that later once I get home.
So,

I am curious as to how many people took their money back on season tickets as is...

I have seen a lot of people at least UM wise that did.

As Ali said, those season ticket holders that kept them definitely have options now.

It will be interesting if say a stadium has 25% capacity and you have a bunch of season ticket holders that get moved somewhat from their usual seats (albeit it wouldn't be much but I am sure some will pitch a fit)

I would say the student sections are something to think about but not many schools can fill these spots anyways.

Think a lot is gonna depend on what measures can be implemented in time

I assume everyones getting their temperature taken, but will some get those fancy machines you gotta walk through? Or just the ir gun pointed at your forehead

What kind of concession do we see?

Will hand sanitizer be handed out to everyone entering, or will it be on the back of every seat in front of you

I'm sure most schools use a point system for donors, STH, so won't be tough to see who gets first shot at tickets. Family also. Would be so great to have some fans at the game.

Even if they pump in crowd noise for TV it will be so awkward for the players to play in empty stadiums. Better than nothing obviously but will certainly change the dynamics.

Texas governor says college football will start on time, with fans in the stands. Same with the high schools

Anyone who has ever lived in Texas already knew that was going to happen.

Unless so many people are dying they have to use the college and high school fields to stack up the bodies there is no way Texas is not going to have football. And at some of the high schools they will probably be happy to move the corpses long enough to play the game.

I'm still positive about the chances of the season kicking off at least close to the usual time

Y’all go look at projected starting QBs. After Trev and Fields they have Sam Howell from UNC as 3rd best

This ain’t last year for sure

Men only, and everyone gets a jug to piss in.

Please keep the "feelings", emotions or jabs and pokes out of the thread. It is strictly for CFB. Thank you. TAKE IT TO THE COVID THREAD. It is that simple.

Last edited:
Lol. Y’all are noid. Nothing happening here

Nah, the CNN comments are stupid and antagonizing. Nobody here has ever referenced CNN as it pertains to the restart of football and yet it's been continuously mentioned with the sole purpose to antagonize. It's the same low brow, trite and divisive rhetoric you see in every waste of time facebook/twitter spar. What is the purpose of bringing that in here?

Everyone in this forum will be ecstatic to see football take place should things continue to move forward in the right direction. The "I told you so" stuff isn't a good look.

Not sure why i‘m being singled-out... (ironically) sounds antagonistic, no? Lol. I just rode along with the previous two comments and the CNN reference „jab“ wasn‘t meant literally but as a metaphor for the whole sort of we‘re all going to die/the athletes are putting people‘s lives in danger rhetoric and position. Nothing happening here. No jabs at a person made. I don‘t think anyone is saying I told you so especially in May lol and it‘s a stupid thing to say for something out of our hands. We just want football back and want to celebrate the idea of it coming back.

Not sure why i‘m being singled-out... (ironically) sounds antagonistic, no? Lol. I just rode along with the previous two comments and the CNN reference „jab“ wasn‘t meant literally but as a metaphor for the whole sort of we‘re all going to die/the athletes are putting people‘s lives in danger rhetoric and position. Nothing happening here. No jabs at an person made. I don‘t think anyone is saying I told you so especially in May lol and it‘s a stupid thing to say for something out of our hands. We just want football back and want to celebrate the idea of it coming back.
I don't think you were singled out.

The 3rd version of this thread has been fine.

A statement was made last night, I laughed at it because I found it funny and I think you quoted it.

Those were the only posts removed.

Anyways, it'll be good to get players back on campus etc here over the next several weeks. I think it will be huge to see how each school handles this as far as capping these teams for the start of the season. I still believe some teams will be ahead and others behind. This could make for some nice advantages to those of us that pay attention.

Who will you be covering this year Cavs? Florida again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back