• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Pebble Beach

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This field might be one of the weaker in recent memory at Pebble. I haven't seen a lot of interest in general so far. Thoughts?

I'm not a big fan of betting this event due to the presence of amateur playing partners all 4 rounds. I looked through matchups yesterday and nothing really jumped out at me. Still think fading Phil and Spieth is worth a second look. Maybe look at others making the trip from Saudi to Monterrey

I'm not a big fan of betting this event due to the presence of amateur playing partners all 4 rounds. I looked through matchups yesterday and nothing really jumped out at me. Still think fading Phil and Spieth is worth a second look. Maybe look at others making the trip from Saudi to Monterrey
Yeah, that really was my only thoughts. I'm looking at Phil more. I don't care that he's Johnny Fitness now he's on week 4 in a row with a trip to middle east. Yes, he missed some cuts but it's still a prep week etc. Now,with that being said...he can play these courses well. I doubt it this week though.

My main horse is locked in with Fitz at 30-1

Then i'm sprinkling some on these two...
Patty Perez +11050
Jimmy Walker +14500

Yeah, that really was my only thoughts. I'm looking at Phil more. I don't care that he's Johnny Fitness now he's on week 4 in a row with a trip to middle east. Yes, he missed some cuts but it's still a prep week etc. Now,with that being said...he can play these courses well. I doubt it this week though.

And he just committed to Genesis next week too.

I like where you are looking there. Pat's hair game is on point as well, extra value.

Totally agree...hair game brings value along with a straight up DGAF attitude in general. If/when he has a shot to win i don't worry about nerves.

Ended up taking:

Pat Perez -120 vs Chez Revie
Berger -110 vs Spieth
Homa +110 vs Noren

Love those first two matchups...played those as well. I'm also laying 1.5 with Grace over a fat and happy McDowell and also playing Grace today straight up against him as well

Love those first two matchups...played those as well. I'm also laying 1.5 with Grace over a fat and happy McDowell and also playing Grace today straight up against him as well
I played that too last night, but even strokes -146 ...bit smaller.

I put a little on Fitz at 5-1 for Top 5 as well. Really think he's in this on Sunday so kind of turns my outright into an E/W of sorts.

On Monday I said to myself "Pat Cantlay" and literally never looked again. And just noting...Max homa playing up a storm lately. As far as matchups, down 5 and down 3. Hopefully these two fade as the week goes. Phil hit 83% of the greens today. Of course...

I'll never fade Phil at these courses again. Lesson learned. Now, need Grace to hold on tomorrow even if both are cut.

So I have Cantlay +115 vs. DJ, Snedeker top 10(that's dead), Jimmy Walker top 10(comatose.)

Did anyone see Chris Berman leave it on the lip and say, "You gotta be shitting me " on an open mic?
One guy you would think might know something about open mics.

GOlf killing me this year.

At least Grace comes through and need Berger to close out Spieth to salvage a wash of a golf week. Kudos to lefty....unreal effort thus far and he gets my $$$

At least Grace comes through and need Berger to close out Spieth to salvage a wash of a golf week. Kudos to lefty....unreal effort thus far and he gets my $$$
Yup, thankfully the damage is limited but between everything nice little -1.5 for me this week. Oh well, it's a remarkable turnaround these past two weeks for FIG.

Well, after watching that shit by Phil from just off the green I'm gonna say that he'll need a collapse by Taylor.

Lol at Day and Phil trying 7 irons at 200+ and woefully short on 12 n 9 respectively.

Thankfully I avoided fading Phil at Pebble, but I think Riviera might be the time to get back on the fade Phil train. Can't get away with wayward drives there, and even with whatever roids he's on, the travel has to catch up to him at some point, right?

Phil did move into the top 60 in world rankings, which puts him in a position to automatically qualify for the US Open. He'll be grinding the next couple of months.

Phil did move into the top 60 in world rankings, which puts him in a position to automatically qualify for the US Open. He'll be grinding the next couple of months.
That missed putt on 18 was big. Well any of his misses .. he needed T2 to get into top 50 for Mexico and Match Play. It's prolly better he gets some time off.

Back