• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

*** 2021 Recruiting Thread ***

Not sure all three are in the top 100, but all three are very highly thought of--the TE is ranked #1 among TEs--and Clemson is now ranked first among all schools for 2021. Right now they are unstoppable

Last edited:
Make that four commitments for Clemson this weekend. Also added Kory Foreman, highest rated of the four, a five-star DL from California

Rivals has him rated as the #1 recruit in the entire 2021 class

Make that four commitments for Clemson this weekend. Also added Kory Foreman, highest rated of the four, a five-star DL from California

Rivals has him rated as the #1 recruit in the entire 2021 class
Wow! Thanks for the news! I knew people were hopeful it was going to happen.

He is the composite #1 for 2021.

Status of Clemson 2021 class from 24/7 Sports

The rich get richer.

Clemson's 2021 recruiting class is now ranked No. 1 per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The Tigers began the weekend ranked outside the top five before four new additions propelled Dabo Swinney's program ahead of Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

Clemson's newest additions that have all publicly committed since Saturday evening include No. 1 overall prospect defensive end Korey Foreman of Corona (Calif.) Centennial, four-star wide receiver Beaux Collins of Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco, four-star defensive end Cade Denhoff of Lakeland (Fla.) Christian, and four-star tight end Jake Briningstool of Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood.

The aforementioned quartet combines with five additional commitments -- four-stars offensive tackle Marcus Tate of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School, linebacker Jeremiah Trotter of Philadelphia (Pa.) St. Joseph's, center Ryan Linthicum of Damascus (Md.) Damascus, wide receiver Dacari Collins of Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake, and four-star running back Phil Mafah of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson -- to give Clemson the current No. 1 billing in 2021.

13COMMENTS

Clemson's 2020 class is also currently ranked No. 1, leading Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State, respectively.

I’d caution against taking any 2021 rankings too seriously. These kids haven’t done the summer camp circuit or played their senior season yet. A lot can and will change

I’d caution against taking any 2021 rankings too seriously. These kids haven’t done the summer camp circuit or played their senior season yet. A lot can and will change
I’ll just ask here:

What you think of LSU going 4-3?
I’m torn. I want dogs on the line, but just worry with offenses now in SEC.....I don’t know.

I love the idea of 4-3 but you need monsters to do it properly.

I’ll just ask here:

What you think of LSU going 4-3?
I’m torn. I want dogs on the line, but just worry with offenses now in SEC.....I don’t know.

I love the idea of 4-3 but you need monsters to do it properly.

I don't know enough about scheme to comment intelligently, but it does seem that most defenses are going to 3-4 or other variants rather than traditional 4-3. I don't know if it's because offenses make so many calls at the LOS and it's easier to change on the fly in the 3-4?

I know this is the 2021 thread, but hearing that UGA is going to take Zach Evans back

I’m still holding out for Burch

Sed Van Pran likely sticking with UGA. One day we will get the real story there. I don’t buy the “he was never staying home for college line” on this one

This used to be a fun day. It sucks now. Who's the 5 star RB that everyone backed off apparently? I read about him more the other day forgot his name.

McKinley Jackson to TAMU. Good get for them.

I know this is 2020

Sounds like Jackson had been locked up to aTm for a while, but was playing the game. Told our staff he was committing to us last night. Seems like we never land the kids that do that. Wonder if it's all the kid or do some programs encourage it to manufacture wins on signing day?

Sounds like Jackson had been locked up to aTm for a while, but was playing the game. Told our staff he was committing to us last night. Seems like we never land the kids that do that. Wonder if it's all the kid or do some programs encourage it to manufacture wins on signing day?
Manufacturer wins, IMO.

I think you're right, but I don't want to sound like sour grapes
It's not sour grapes. Shit man, I still think to this day that Saban had Najee basically silent to UM on purpose. I mean he had a room key and everything. It's a helluva way to mess with another team/coach. This happens around the country I'm sure in different facets. I remember Urban having Kareem Walker commit during the national championship game to help with the 'hype'.

Welcome back to planet Earth Alabamian

Arkansas was the biggest surprise to me this cycle. The new guy did an excellent job with what he had to work with and got the best uncommitted QB today. Got some good OL too.

So the toughest division in football got even tougher with Arkansas exceeding expectations, Lane doing a good job at Ole Miss, and Leach keeping all the signees he had happy and adding Costello.

Arkansas was the biggest surprise to me this cycle. The new guy did an excellent job with what he had to work with and got the best uncommitted QB today. Got some good OL too.

So the toughest division in football got even tougher with Arkansas exceeding expectations, Lane doing a good job at Ole Miss, and Leach keeping all the signees he had happy and adding Costello.
Yeah but Arkansas still has a ways to go...

That's the thing with 'crooting, you plug holes and fill depth first and that is a multi year process. Basically, a coach that inherits a bad team or average at best will need 3-5 years min to have their team fully in place. With that being said, patience isn't there for fans/boosters/etc.

It's not sour grapes. Shit man, I still think to this day that Saban had Najee basically silent to UM on purpose. I mean he had a room key and everything. It's a helluva way to mess with another team/coach. This happens around the country I'm sure in different facets. I remember Urban having Kareem Walker commit during the national championship game to help with the 'hype'.

I doubt it was Saban, but Tosh was his main recruiter, and that guy had no problem pulling out all the stops. Najee is also a bit of a flake, or maybe saying he is 100% California is more accurate.

I don't know enough about scheme to comment intelligently, but it does seem that most defenses are going to 3-4 or other variants rather than traditional 4-3. I don't know if it's because offenses make so many calls at the LOS and it's easier to change on the fly in the 3-4?

Pelini will play some odd man fronts as well. At Nebraska, base was really more of a 4-2-5 look against big 12 spread teams.

Not sure I would consider Lane doing a “good job” already. It’s early but he had a pretty brutal signing day - even losing a guy to Vandy and a non P5 school. He was pretty visibly upset with it. I’m sure he will get his fair share, but certainly not a good job yet.

Not sure I would consider Lane doing a “good job” already. It’s early but he had a pretty brutal signing day - even losing a guy to Vandy and a non P5 school. He was pretty visibly upset with it. I’m sure he will get his fair share, but certainly not a good job yet.
He was real pissed
Easily expect that to improve

Back