• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NASCAR picks

Instant Hole

I need to increase my post count so here are a few picks

Preece +105 vs. Buescher

Preece has been pretty good on the plate tracks and Buescher is pretty good too. But they have about the same car and it is going to be a wreckfest so some marginal value because Preece might actually be a good plate track racer. Not a great bet though.

Wallace +115 vs. Ty Dillon

Dillon has been pretty good on plate tracks and so has Wallace. I think Dillon has had a lot of luck and Wallace might actually be the better racer and has the better car. Decent value here.

Prior to the qualifying I liked Almirola -115 vs. Johnson which is pretty good value at pick em but NASCAR juice is murder. Not available now though.

I also liked Almirola +100 vs. Stenhouse. Both are very good on the plate tracks but Stenhouse is more likely to wreck and Almirola has a better car and probably the better driver.

Jones +110 vs. Bowman

This is probably a coinflip between the two. Jones has been really bad lately and Bowman really good. Decent value here.

Preece +100 vs. Ty Dillon

Preece has been incredibly bad and will have to bad to lose to Dillon and he will probably pull it off. But this should be a pretty good line and I'll chance it.

Suarez +120 vs. Johnson

Johnson seems to have been faster lately and might be a legit favorite over Suarez at this point as Suarez is not much of a driver. He is always driving a fast car though and is no worse than +100 or +110 so some value here.

Suarez +140 vs. Byron

Suarez was fast this week and the Chevys a little slow. Probably does not pan out but price is a little steep.

Not much changes from pre-qualifying but the line on Suarez versus Johnson goes to +140. But I will have to stick with +120.

Hemric +115 vs. Dibenedetto

Hemric has been unbelievably bad and lost his car but he seems to have a fast car this week. He was fast in practice and won the pole so he should be able to stay ahead of Dibenedetto who probably does not have as good a car and is not particularly good on the bigger tracks. I wouldn't bet on it but I guess I will at +115.

Menard +155 vs. Dillon

There was some weird qualifying this week and this line is too much. The same line with Newman is pretty tempting but I can only stomach one of these.

Stenhouse +155 vs. Newman

I will take this one though as Stenhouse has been surprisingly good on the bigger tracks this year and he is pissed off and these are not Newman's forte. They have the same car so this is pretty rich

Preece +100 vs. Ty Dillon

Preece has been incredibly bad and will have to bad to lose to Dillon and he will probably pull it off. But this should be a pretty good line and I'll chance it.

Preece gets ahead of Dillon early and holds and somehow finishes 12th.

Winner

Suarez +120 vs. Johnson

Johnson seems to have been faster lately and might be a legit favorite over Suarez at this point as Suarez is not much of a driver. He is always driving a fast car though and is no worse than +100 or +110 so some value here.

Suarez is very fast early but fades.

Loser

Hemric +115 vs. Dibenedetto

Hemric has been unbelievably bad and lost his car but he seems to have a fast car this week. He was fast in practice and won the pole so he should be able to stay ahead of Dibenedetto who probably does not have as good a car and is not particularly good on the bigger tracks. I wouldn't bet on it but I guess I will at +115.

Despite having a faster car and big lead, Hemric was terrible again and loses to Dibenedetto.

Loser

Stenhouse +155 vs. Newman

I will take this one though as Stenhouse has been surprisingly good on the bigger tracks this year and he is pissed off and these are not Newman's forte. They have the same car so this is pretty rich

Newman was out early.

Winner

I know some people would like to lose some money this week and I've got two units to give:

Almrola +110 vs. Dibenedetto

Almirola has a better car than Dibenedetto but Dibenedetto is the better driver. Dibenedetto has had some success at Darlington and has been bet heavily here. Almirola has been solid at the track and there is probably some value here.

Bell +155 vs. Buescher

It looks like Bell might be the worst driver in the history of NASCAR from the start of the season. He has been unbelievably bad. He is definitely bad but he can't be this bad. He at least has a decent car and who knows he might not even be all that bad.

I know some people would like to lose some money this week and I've got two units to give:

Almrola +110 vs. Dibenedetto

Almirola has a better car than Dibenedetto but Dibenedetto is the better driver. Dibenedetto has had some success at Darlington and has been bet heavily here. Almirola has been solid at the track and there is probably some value here.

Bell +155 vs. Buescher

It looks like Bell might be the worst driver in the history of NASCAR from the start of the season. He has been unbelievably bad. He is definitely bad but he can't be this bad. He at least has a decent car and who knows he might not even be all that bad.
Welcome back Nascar

Good luck on the wagers.

One more loser

Johnson +120 vs. Busch

Busch has a very good record at Darlington and is starting in the 20s while Johnson starts in the Top 10 and has had a fast car all year. With a shortened race and likely a lot of wrecks or screwups, I think the underdog as got to have some value here with Johnson being sold a little short.

If you want to have a full season contest, you could use a fantasy site like Driver Group Game or Fantrax. DGG gives pretty much anybody an equal shot. It is not very complicated. Fantrax you can make more complicated. Or you could just have people post their five best bets against the line but that would be hard to officiate..

Something along the lines of what this site does is post five matchups and have people make their picks.

The sites will give you standings automatically so a lot easier and more fun for everyone.

Another thing NASCAR fans do is pick a winner each week but you only get to use one driver each week for the whole season so you have to pick a different driver each week. That is pretty random and gives people an equal shot too. That's called a "One and Done" contest.

Last edited:
I really tried to watch some of the race on Sunday ( I threw down a small bet on Chase Elliott)....all 3 times I flipped to it they were under caution.

Back