• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Rangers going to trade

BringInTheLefty

Mike Minor
Hunter Pence
Shin-Soo Choo
Danny Santana

they are in full scale sell mode.... such a shame how the ownership has just fucked over the team & fans

They go and win all these games thorough 60% of the season to basically make me lose a RSW and now want to sell... damn...

In all honesty though, they have been a pleasant surprise and seemingly a pretty fun team.

They go and win all these games thorough 60% of the season to basically make me lose a RSW and now want to sell... damn...

In all honesty though, they have been a pleasant surprise and seemingly a pretty fun team.

B.A.R yes they’ve been a great surprise & while out of the break poorly our ownership knows the fans still show up
They rarely quit on a game but now a wholesale dump it’s time to fade this team

Do any of those players besides Minor have any future there? And the asking price for him will be mammoth. A young top 20 pitcher....

I imagine Pence could resign in the off season?

Do any of those players besides Minor have any future there? And the asking price for him will be mammoth. A young top 20 pitcher....

I imagine Pence could resign in the off season?

Pence is only due $700K from 7/31 through end of this season, so a very cheap rental

Choo is due $21 million next year

Danny Santana could be a very nice everyday player

Minor will get us a decent piece to our very complicated puzzle

Don't take this the wrong way but I think you guys should sell. I think you are only the third best team in your division and should look to improve your minor league system to compete with Houston and Oakland in the future.

I wish my Brewers would do the same and sell off Grandal and Moustakas. Like Texas my team isn't good enough to win the World Series so why not make moves to improve for the future. The Rangers have had a nice season but I think you know they aren't true contenders.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think you guys should sell. I think you are only the third best team in your division and should look to improve your minor league system to compete with Houston and Oakland in the future.

I wish my Brewers would do the same and sell off Grandal and Moustakas. Like Texas my team isn't good enough to win the World Series so why not make moves to improve for the future. The Rangers have had a nice season but I think you know they aren't true contenders.

World Series or bust seems like an unfair standard. Just getting to the playoffs provides a big boost to an organization and who knows what happens when it gets there, plenty of cinderella stories have happened before. Texas is four games back in the wild card race. Four; not 14.

World Series or bust seems like an unfair standard. Just getting to the playoffs provides a big boost to an organization and who knows what happens when it gets there, plenty of cinderella stories have happened before. Texas is four games back in the wild card race. Four; not 14.

Come on what are the chances that they make the playoffs at all. Are they really going to beat out Tampa or Houston/Oakland. They are better off cashing in pieces who aren't there for the long term so they have a better chance the next few seasons.

Come on what are the chances that they make the playoffs at all. Are they really going to beat out Tampa or Houston/Oakland. They are better off cashing in pieces who aren't there for the long term so they have a better chance the next few seasons.

I don‘t get why anybody would treat it as a given that Tampa Bay or Oakland finishes higher than Texas.
To have as stacked a team as Houston does may take an intolerable amount of time.

I don‘t get why anybody would treat it as a given that Tampa Bay or Oakland finishes higher than Texas.
To have as stacked a team as Houston does may take an intolerable amount of time.

Tampa and Oakland are both better than Texas and Houston is going to be the wild card so I can cash in my +3750 futures bet on Oakland winning the division.

You’re 100% right we had a very nice run, but now the “engine” is starting to leak we need to get it fixed for next year & the future

What engine leak? Splitting a series against Houston is horrible because the Astros suck, i‘ll give you that. This is so premature.

What engine leak? Splitting a series against Houston is horrible because the Astros suck, i‘ll give you that. This is so premature.

They have had a nice season when most expected them to lose 90 games but lets not go overboard thinking they are contending for the playoffs. Trade short term assets for some nice prospects and come back in a year or two with a better chance to beat Oakland and Houston who aren't going away anytime soon.

Who cares about predictions? You really talking about some moron at espn?
They literally are contending for the playoffs atm
Not that long ago Tampa was in a rough stretch. They keep getting to play Bmore tho nowadays while Texas deals with Houston and Arizona

Brewers, I love your knowledge on your team but you are an amazing pessimist. Your team was one game from the WS last year. Get back a decent pitching coach add another nice pitching piece and lets fucking go. NL Central not exactly the hottest division atm

Rooting for teams like the Brewers and Jets will turn anyone into a pessimist.

Plenty of optimists in both fan clubs. Brewers, did you have a positive childhood experience? Were your parents or guardians generally optimistic or pessimistic?

Back to the Rangers situation. Houston has arguably the best roster in baseball and Oakland is also very talented. On the other hand Texas has overachieved and is still a ways away so selling out for short term answers just to fall short is not the answer.

How could you possibly know what Texas‘ true ceiling is. When you say they‘re overachieving, you imply that you do. For example their team ERA vs FIP and xFIP disparity suggests that their pitching could be even better.

How are the Brewers not good enough to win the Wolrd Series? Are you trying the reverse psychology move here?

Didn’t realize that. Asking price I’m told he’s still a Kings ransom.

No way they’re getting a king’s ransom for him. They can certainly ask for the moon, but finding a willing partner will be difficult.

I shouldn’t say “no way,” because there are dumb teams out there, but they will be extremely lucky if they get a big haul for him. Minor is also pissed he’s involved in trade rumors.

4 games out with other teams including the Red Sox in the hunt is a lot to overcome.

But I think management should have waited another week to make this decision.

With all that being said the team is stacked and wouldn’t miss these guys too much. It’s got a great core and if these players ensure they have a top farm system then it’s worth it.

Phillies going to get Minor
Jedi Ninja you’re right about Minor being pissed offer really likes it in Texas but unfortunately he will be traded

4 games out with other teams including the Red Sox in the hunt is a lot to overcome.

But I think management should have waited another week to make this decision.

With all that being said the team is stacked and wouldn’t miss these guys too much. It’s got a great core and if these players ensure they have a top farm system then it’s worth it.

Agreed. Not sure what the rush to sell off is, let it play out for a week or two. They are certainly in an uphill battle, especially considering there are 4-5 other teams in the mix. Yes there are 2 wild card spots, but Boston, Tampa, Cleveland, Oakland, and even Anaheim are battling too...tough to see the Rangers finishing ahead of 4 of those 5, but that’s why they play the games.

How are the Brewers not good enough to win the Wolrd Series? Are you trying the reverse psychology move here?

I can't take them seriously when they just went through a 26 game stretch against all below .500 teams and went 9 and 17. It is also hard for me to think that a team 3 games over .500 this late in the season has a chance to win it all.

Selling seems like the intelligent thing to do. 4.5 back of the wild card with 4 teams ahead who are all way more talented than you.

Back