• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Indy 500

captjohn67

With the weather forecast being sketchy (at best) I would advise skipping this one or treading lightly (which I am). Penske and Carpenter cars seem to be the best for the most part during all the practices except when it warmed up for carb day and then many struggled. Therefore I think that session could/should be more important. The only thing I can guarantee you is if that there is an early yellow, the lower half of the field will be diving for the pits going off strategy and hoping the rain gods make it a 101 lapper. Did I mention you might want to stay away from this one? Only idiots or indycar fanatics would participate in such (I am both for the record)

Carb day

05-24-19%20Carb%20Day%20practice%20results.pdf

The thought that Power can't race ovals was extinguished long before winning here last year. Five of his last six wins are on ovals and he's certainly one of the top contenders again. Pagenaud finally got a win last time out but I don't trust him here. Newgarden and Rossi can win anywhere any given weekend, so there is that. This is Marcos best track but he hasn't been that consistent but I do love the throwback livery of grandpas old car in 1969. Dixon was not happy after carb day and that was your last shot before they park them in the garage, but realize who you're betting against if you decide to fade him. Herta might be young, but he's fearless and fast and I love him. Carpenter stable ( Ed, Jones, Pigot) have all been really really good. Nice to see Pippa back in, she'll finish 21st. Might do some more rambling shortly.

Last edited:
Chump change winners, obviously a little heavier on the Rossi.

Kimball 100-1

Rossi 8-1

TK +2650 ( says it's his best car since he won in 2013...that's a lie, it's a Foyt car

Jones +2250

Sato +2750

Power -125 Pagenaud

Rossi -120 Newgarden

Very very special holiday weekend in our nations history. Cheers and GLTA.

Last edited:
Back