• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The Players...

Watching Live From earlier...course looks as good as ever... Tiger with a coach today on putting green...rough is 2.5 instead of usual 4 inches or so...

A repeat winner has never happened. I believe Hal Sutton winning then going 2nd in 2000/2001 is the only one close. I also believe near 25% of defending Champions miss the cut.

Was watching Live From too.
Course looks good.
I like what they did with the rough, not too long, not to short

Should be great!
Emerald Green Course they said

Watching Live From earlier...course looks as good as ever... Tiger with a coach today on putting green...rough is 2.5 instead of usual 4 inches or so...

“Usual” is 4”? I’m asking a serious question, is it 4” when the public is playing it? Is it typically 4” when the tournament is there?

My reasoning is because I don’t like courses going over the top to make it more difficult nor do I like them dumbing it down. I think the architects intent is something to always consider.

Erin Hills “dumbed it down” for their US Open and they’ll never see another one again. I’ve played EH 4 times. I would be willing to say that each time I played the course was more difficult (weather included to be fair) than each round of the open.

Tiger with the hat on backwards yesterday and his neck looking in great shape*

*that's a hope.... not based on any knowledge

Took a few weeks off, time to dip my toe back in.

JT +115 vs DJ
Poulter EV vs Webb
Stenson -125 vs Woodland

The players are saying it is playing a little longer this time. So the target golf advantage might not be as great as usual.

The players are saying it is playing a little longer this time. So the target golf advantage might not be as great as usual.
17 and 18 will play much different.

The winds are generally from different directions this time of year, so that makes both holes 'longer'.

The bailout on 18 isn't as easy now.

Started with some lotto scratch-offs:

Harold Varner III +22500
Beau Hossler +20000
Chesson Hadley +15000
Byeong Hun An +10000

Now trying to decide which 3 or 4 Powerball tickets to roll with:

1. Tiger
2. Stenson
3. Hideki
4. Cantlay
5. Fleetwood
6. Koepka

:cheers3:

Good luck all.

Took some fliers for fun

Rickie 20
Tommy 25
Kuch 40
Stenson 50

Last edited:
I am due for one... just a Tommy back 8 letdown last Saturday from a victory...

No clue on matchups to be honest.

Should be fun!

Contest entries are still open.

Does Nike tell these guys what to wear? Brooks wore that ugly shirt Saturday last week and some other dude wore it Sunday.

Does Nike tell these guys what to wear? Brooks wore that ugly shirt Saturday last week and some other dude wore it Sunday.
Generally these guys outfits are all set(at least for the bigger events) well in advance.

I love Peter Millar apparel. Quality, comfort, stylish, it really is a great product.

I prefer Adidas over Nike personally.

I also think Under armor is making some nice apparel.

Imperial makes my favorite bucket hats.

Oh and anything LinkSoul is top notch.

Just my opinions

Nike seems to have nailed their collar material. I think it's the only polo brand mrtake has where the collar doesn't fade or get stiff and fold weird. I personally don't like Nike. I'm digging Straight Down at the moment.

I can honestly say I have never put a ball in the drink on 17 at Sawgrass

Last edited:
You know you're living right when your player doesn't make the cut, but the other guy is worse.

STRAIGHT BET
[7031] J. SPIETH TNT +132
(J. SPIETH TNT vrs L. GLOVER TNT)

The quad on 17 was a killer for me. I have tigger in the top 10. He would have been in the mix.

Thank God I didn’t go bat shit crazy fading Furyk. I’ll take my one unit loss yesterday in matchups, but JFC, please someone tell me I’m not crazy for being mesmerized by a 49-year-old leading the “5th major”...WTF

Took a few weeks off, time to dip my toe back in.

JT +115 vs DJ
Poulter EV vs Webb
Stenson -125 vs Woodland

Think I'll go back into my hole now. Worst golf season in memory, not even to the Masters yet.

Thank God I didn’t go bat shit crazy fading Furyk. I’ll take my one unit loss yesterday in matchups, but JFC, please someone tell me I’m not crazy for being mesmerized by a 49-year-old leading the “5th major”...WTF
The putting technique alone was mesmerizing.

WOW!!! I thought "The Hawk" Furyk with "Fluff" on his bag were going to pull it off @ 80-1 "to win" final round. he definitely has his "groove" back with this solo 2nd this week [-15] and tied 9th Honda [-4]

Back