• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2019 St. Louis Cardinals

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Inspired by Lefty's thread and the value in content that it adds to CTG, @2daBank and I bring you the 2019 St. Louis Cardinals thread

Here are top offseason acquisitions thus far:

Paul Goldschmidt: 1.170 career OPS vs Cubs. 1.130 career OPS vs Brewers

Pair of lefty relievers: Chasen Shreve and Andrew Miller

Luke Gregerson, Michael Wacha, and, sadly, Dexter Fowler will be back healthy
Former top prospect Alex Reyes is looking to make a return and hopefully stay healthy

Former closer Bud Norris is a free agent
Waino signed a cheap one-year contract.

Gregerson is still with us huh? That blows, was hoping he was only on a 1 year deal, lol.

As you can see I havnt followed the off-season much. Other than getting goldy and Miller don’t know much in way of moves cards or any other team has made. (Saw Yankees got Paxton, that for another thread tho).

Sure hope miller can regain his form from prior to when tribe abused his arm during that WS run, we sure paid him like he was that guy!! For as good as the front office is in some respects signing or trading for relievers has been a freaking disaster (well the bud Norris signing turned out good).

While we sitting here hoping, god how nice would it be for Reyes to finally be healthy and able to contribute? Not even sure it very likely he ever is at this point but man he so talented. He would quickly be one of the best in the game if he was right, just filthy stuff and has already shown to me he likes the big stage.

Not sure signing waino again was a good thing? Like having him around the young pitchers and it pretty much all incentive laced I believe. The problem is nobody in this organization is capable of making smart desicions when it comes to him, so if he getting shelled but keeps saying he good to go or is about to figure things out they will keep trotting him out there. There really no reason he can’t pull a 3rd act like CC being productive w lessor stuff but maybe it just not in the cards for him?

More later. Can’t wait for winter to be over!!

Almost mentioned it but decided I’d just hope someone caught my cleverness, lol., if we being honest when I wrote it wasn’t really on purpose then immediately after was like “oh wow, I’m so clever”,, lmao

Yea the last thing we need is another Greg Holland. I hope Luke rediscovers his old self as well, i‘m sick of tired veterans and that includes Waino. It‘s like the front office just wants us to think it‘s trying so it gets more well-known guys but if they ate up then they can‘t help us. Blowing leads was a huge problem last year. Huge! Gotta fix it now that we got that extra solid bat middle of the lineup. Remember when Grichuk was that guy in the lineup lmao!

Almost mentioned it but decided I’d just hope someone caught my cleverness, lol., if we being honest when I wrote it wasn’t really on purpose then immediately after was like “oh wow, I’m so clever”,, lmao

You‘re clever!

@2daBank can you take a swing at Fowler‘s knees with a golf club if you see him around? Gotta get him back to not playing, dude‘s a fucking disgrace in literally every aspect!

Yea the last thing we need is another Greg Holland. I hope Luke rediscovers his old self as well, i‘m sick of tired veterans and that includes Waino. It‘s like the front office just wants us to think it‘s trying so it gets more well-known guys but if they ate up then they can‘t help us. Blowing leads was a huge problem last year. Huge! Gotta fix it now that we got that extra solid bat middle of the lineup. Remember when Grichuk was that guy in the lineup lmao!

Total improper use of “ate up”, nice try tho. Lol.

I dunno, obviously they trying, they traded for best available player this offseason, they tried to land Stanton last year and when that chode said no we got ozuna, not their fault ozuna was ass.

I was actually happy Stanton said no and was thrilled w ozuna. Might have been wrong on that (lol), but he did have one of the best hard contact rates last season, think the problem is his shoulder and he wasn’t able to ellavate the ball. Of course part the problem is he lazy and didn’t do the things required to fix it, hopefully he one these jerkoffs that being in a contract year will inspire hard work!! (And hopefully after the bounce back year we know better than to sign a lazy fuck like that cause after he gets paid I wouldn’t expect anything other than him getting fat!!)..

Pretty sure they just suck evaluating bullpen talent. I’m assuming dude we got from Toronto still around and hopefully healthy? Don’t think he completely worthless (can’t remember his name for shit!) at least the stuff is still there in his case I believe.

Concern over Ozuna was merited after the signing i think. It‘s pretty common for a guy to beast out for a big contract then totally have a let-down after getting a lot of money so what else should we have expected?! Hopefully his productivity rises, our bullpen may not extra help to keep a lead this year

Total improper use of “ate up”, nice try tho. Lol.

I dunno, obviously they trying, they traded for best available player this offseason, they tried to land Stanton last year and when that chode said no we got ozuna, not their fault ozuna was ass.

I was actually happy Stanton said no and was thrilled w ozuna. Might have been wrong on that (lol), but he did have one of the best hard contact rates last season, think the problem is his shoulder and he wasn’t able to ellavate the ball. Of course part the problem is he lazy and didn’t do the things required to fix it, hopefully he one these jerkoffs that being in a contract year will inspire hard work!! (And hopefully after the bounce back year we know better than to sign a lazy fuck like that cause after he gets paid I wouldn’t expect anything other than him getting fat!!)..

Pretty sure they just suck evaluating bullpen talent. I’m assuming dude we got from Toronto still around and hopefully healthy? Don’t think he completely worthless (can’t remember his name for shit!) at least the stuff is still there in his case I believe.

Dominic Leone

@2daBank can you take a swing at Fowler‘s knees with a golf club if you see him around? Gotta get him back to not playing, dude‘s a fucking disgrace in literally every aspect!

lol. Sure doesn’t make sense how terrible he has gotten here. Even tho our lineup is obviously much improved it be nice to have a lefty bat. If we wernt paying this asshat maybe we be talking bout Harper. Instead we counting on Fowler with Martinez as the backup plan I assume, in other words the worst defensive right field in baseball! Lol

I think i got your grammar down tho. Never conjugate „to be“

Lol. Bro in high school I had a counselor tell me I wasn’t good enough at English to take Spanish!! Lmao. Fucking bitch, I was like “I don’t need to ace proper Mexican just need to speak it considering I have a promising career in the drug trade in my future!!” Lol.,

Lol. Bro in high school I had a counselor tell me I wasn’t good enough at English to take Spanish!! Lmao. Fucking bitch, I was like “I don’t need to ace proper Mexican just need to speak it considering I have a promising career in the drug trade in my future!!” Lol.,

One of those ignorant pieces of shit who think that cause you like to speak a certain way then you can‘t speak in another way. I see you use elevated vocab i know you could write well if you wanted to. Your iq is prob higher than that dumb bitch‘s! One of those snooty academic dipshit types

I might’ve told her something along those lines, in regard to who was smarter. lol. The way they taught didn’t jive w my ability to learn so yea my writing sucks far as where to put what, lol. My vocab tip top :)

Moral of the story, if folks are looking for proper grammar and punctuation they should prob stick to your post, if they wanna know what gonna happen in a particular game read mine!!! Lmao. J/j, I don’t have a clue!! I get lucky sometimes tho :)

Moral of the story, if folks are looking for proper grammar and punctuation they should prob stick to your post, if they wanna know what gonna happen in a particular game read mine!!! Lmao. J/j, I don’t have a clue!! I get lucky sometimes tho :)

You so mean sometimes lol

All you buddy, I hardly ever do futures, never win totals.

Theirs tough to figure anyways, I like the team and all but think the nl central easily one of the best divisions.

All you buddy, I hardly ever do futures, never win totals.

Theirs tough to figure anyways, I like the team and all but think the nl central easily one of the best divisions.

Injuries hard to predict. I think I heard Carlos was being shut down completely for two weeks for his shoulder? Reyes is always a question mark. Any rsw total should just brazenly assume he gets hurt at some point imo

Yep Carlos shut down, they said no structural damage just shoulder weakness but I’ve heard that bs before. As thrilled as I’d be for Reyes to be healthy I wouldn’t assume that for any projection. Ultimately their starting pitching will always be pretty good regardless, they have plenty of depth in that department and are always coming up w more.

Yep Carlos shut down, they said no structural damage just shoulder weakness but I’ve heard that bs before. As thrilled as I’d be for Reyes to be healthy I wouldn’t assume that for any projection. Ultimately their starting pitching will always be pretty good regardless, they have plenty of depth in that department and are always coming up w more.

I‘m pumped to see what Waino can still add to the rotation. Not.

Lol. Id think he can figure out a way to be a decent 4/5, the problem is even if he can’t they will continually trot him out there if that what he wants.

Exactly. Thats why he got the contract in the first place. Beloved vet, Cards icon. We coulda maybe squeezed into the playoffs if we hadn‘t let Jack spend so much time in aaa so that waino could embarrass himself

Unfortunately he has somehow reached this beyond reproach status which has him calling the shots and don’t see it changing.

Just another athlete that doesn’t want it to end and a organization that doesn’t have the guts to be honest about their fading star.

I do think he be better this year, at least serviceable. If it wasn’t for the obvious problem of nobody being able to say no to him I wouldn’t look at him being here for basically nothing as a problem. Of course the fact even if he stinks they will keep trotting him out there makes it a problem.

Just another athlete that doesn’t want it to end and a organization that doesn’t have the guts to be honest about their fading star.

I do think he be better this year, at least serviceable. If it wasn’t for the obvious problem of nobody being able to say no to him I wouldn’t look at him being here for basically nothing as a problem. Of course the fact even if he stinks they will keep trotting him out there makes it a problem.

Maybe the extra revenue in ticket sales will help us afford Harper? Lol

Maybe the extra revenue in ticket sales will help us afford Harper? Lol

Oh they can afford him, they just don’t wanna. There was never any chance they were gonna pay Harper while eating rest of Fowler deal, they been on a Fowler bounce back hard around here. Dunno if they believe it or just being stubborn and have no interst lettin him walk w all that money? Think they rather have him kill us and embarrass himself than let him run away w all that cash, lol.

Oh they can afford him, they just don’t wanna. There was never any chance they were gonna pay Harper while eating rest of Fowler deal, they been on a Fowler bounce back hard around here. Dunno if they believe it or just being stubborn and have no interst lettin him walk w all that money? Think they rather have him kill us and embarrass himself than let him run away w all that cash, lol.

God i hate Fowler

If you see him around you should play him 1 v 1 in basketball so you can do those knee checks to his thigh and all the other dirty shit you said you do. Elbow him hard. Get him at least on the 60-day dl

@2daBank Mikolas 4-year extension

Good move. He has another year anywhere close to last and he would have gotten way more on the free agent market. Would have to think close to Corbin money. No reason to believe he won’t have another really strong year. Maybe his strike out rate leaves a little to be desired but he doesn’t walk ppl and has a handful of quality pitches, even if his velo starts declining by end of deal he outta be kind of guy who still be fine. Plus who to say his velo does drop? He doesn’t have nearly the miles on his arm most starters at his age do.

Dabbling w a spring training play today! Lol.. I don’t do much of this but think there some pretty good value on cards +135, gant in a battle for a rotation spot and should get stretched out to at least 3 innings today, miller slated to pitch, I don’t have the full pitching rotation but assuming be a couple other our youngsters or guys slated to be in pen.

Love the lineup they sending out vs Stros lefty, lot of guys who bash lhp and a lefty who walks a lot of guys has potential for some early runs.

It spring training so who knows but think there things to like getting +135!!

Damn, sure didn’t wanna see Miller be the guy that cost cardinals the win. My 1st ever push on a mlb side! (Obviously I don’t bet a lot of spring training, lol).

Unfortunately Stros had a quick hook w the young lefty starter, as predicted he got himself into big trouble w walks in the second, just when the top of lineup guys were gonna get their second crack at him w guys on the bases hinch got him out of there and a righty came in and got Bader (I believe) to ground into dp to kill what was setting up to be a promising inning...

Gant was ok not great, after giving up few hits and a run in the 1st he took care of business the next 2 innings. It was still 2-1 after a shaky inning by Conner jones (no clue who he is and this was the part of game that worried me), then Miller comes in to pitch the 5th and proceeds to load the bases before recording a out! He got a strikeout for out number 1, ground ball that scored a run then he was pulled for Chris Beck (who?) who gave up a hit to allow the inherited Miller runners to score. After that cards next 3 pitchers all did their jobs for a inning allowing the offense a chance to get those runs back. O’Neal hit a bomb in 7th then a nobody hit one in 8th to get the tie.

Certainly not gonna overreact to miller 1st outing of spring but him being few years removed from his dominate self and cards horrible track record w relievers they pay lately it sure be nice to see him log a few quality outings sooner than later!

That solo bomb by O’Neal was already his 2nd of spring. We need either him, Martinez, or both to just absolutely rake all month so cards have no choice but to move on from Fowler who has picked up right where he left off last year going 0 for 7 thus far..

Pains me to say it but I fear it may not even matter how this spring plays out, they simply hell bent on sticking Fowler out there as starter when camp breaks. The way they all sound when talking bout him I’m afraid he could be hitless all spring and he still have the job no matter how well the other 2 guys perform. I just don’t understand why they taking this approach? At some point you just have to admit it was a horrible signing and come to realization that piece of shit stole 90mil from us! Why compound the embarrassment by letting him cost us games when we have 2 more capable and deserving guys to play RF?

It‘s such a hopelessly stubborn attitude to take. Similar story with Waino and Holland. I refuse to watch an ab from Fowler.

And think of the message it sends to future signings. Once we pay you, you get to play a lot no matter how much you may suck!

Alex Reyes to make spring training debut. Please stay healthy this year!

Another 0 fer 3 “effort” from Fowler today, lol.

Flaherty looked great. Reyes had control problems but just getting thru innings healthy a win for him.

Another 0 fer 3 “effort” from Fowler today, lol.

Flaherty looked great. Reyes had control problems but just getting thru innings healthy a win for him.

Literally losing my mind. Especially after reading some st louis articles trying to put a positive or at least apologetic spin on Fowler. What will it take for Mo to finally ditch this useless piece of shit???

Back